At Fujifilm we contribute to the quality of life through our products and services. To provide these, we, in turn, purchase materials and services from suppliers around the world. Our purchasing policy promotes consistently high standards in these transactions.
Basic Purchasing Policy
Fujifilm performs purchasing activities based on the Fujifilm Group Procurement Policy.
In applying our purchasing policy, we pursue fairness by following ten guidelines.
- 1.Quality, price, reliability, and supply stability are the main criteria upon which we base decisions on initiating new business and carrying out specific transactions.
- 2.As a rule, we compare offers from several vendors simultaneously to nurture competition and select suppliers fairly.
- 3.We purchase from multiple suppliers to avoid excessive reliance on a single vendor and to prevent vendors from depending excessively on us.
- 4.We create opportunities for newcomers by periodically reviewing our regular vendors.
- 5.We request offers only when considering purchasing. If asked, we explain, within limits, our reasons for not accepting an offer or competitive bid.
- 6.As a rule, we specify terms in written contracts. Ongoing transactions are also based on written contracts.
- 7.We to not require vendors to purchase our products or services.
- 8.We preserve the confidentiality of vendor information obtained in transactions.
- 9.We do not engage in transactions that lead to the violation of a third party's intellectual property rights.
- 10.Our purchasing personnel do not permit personal interest to influence relationships with existing or prospective vendors.