Launch of the first telephoto zoom for the XF Lens series
"FUJINON XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS"
Fast aperture of F3.5 - 4.8 across the entire zoom range and outstanding image stabilization
April 17, 2013
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the new "FUJINON XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS" lens for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 compact system cameras.
FUJINON XF lenses feature advanced lens engineering, capable of drawing the maximum performance out of the highly-descriptive "X-Trans CMOS Sensor" in the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras. The new FUJINON XF55-200mm lens produces sharp images across its entire zoom range, well resolved corner-to-corner. The fast F3.5-4.8 lens facilitates image capture in scenes requiring a fast shutter speed. Its image stabilization function enables the use of shutter speeds 4.5 stops slower, preventing camera shake even when shooting hand-held in low-light, or at a stopped down aperture. Furthermore, it is built to include two linear motors for high-speed AF of 0.28 seconds*, instantaneously focusing on your subject.
- Built with advanced optical design to cover the mid-telephoto (84mm**) to telephoto (305mm**) range and deliver the large maximum aperture of F3.5-4.8 despite its compact size; offering mobility and high descriptive performance at the same time.
- Featuring image stabilization that allows the use of shutter speeds 4.5 stops slower; detecting a wide range of camera shakes from low to high frequencies to deliver advanced correction
- Uses two linear motors for high-speed AF and quiet operation, making the lens suitable for video recording as well
- Features two ED lens elements including one Super ED lens element that boasts performance equivalent to that of fluorite lenses; controlling chromatic aberrations, which typically occur in long focal lengths, to produce images that resolve well corner-to-corner across the its entire zoom range
- Applying FUJINON's proprietary "HT-EBC(High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating)" on the entire lens surface to achieve a highly preventative measure against reflections, and to control flair and ghosting
- Offering the minimum working distance of 1.1m across the entire zoom range to enable telephoto close-ups, capturing a small part of a subject
- Featuring a 1/3EV step aperture ring so that users can easily adjust the aperture whilst holding the camera up to their eye
- The focus ring and aperture ring are made from metal and have been designed to have a high quality feel, with the benefit of being extra robust
NEW Firmware will speed up the Auto Focus performance of the X-Pro1 and X-E1 compact system cameras
At the launch of the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS lens, Fujifilm will upgrade the firmware for both the X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras. Thanks to a new algorithm, the firmware will be able to harness the full capability of the lens enabling both cameras to search the contrast AF quickly throughout the full range of focal length. The focus speed will be as fast as 0.7 sec. even if it searches from infinity to the Minimum Object Distance at the telephoto end.
By upgrading your X-Pro1 or X-E1 with new firmware you will also improve the AF speed with other existing XF lenses. ***
The firmware will be available to download from www.fujifilm.com nearer the launch of the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8R LM.
- * based on CIPA standards
- ** 35mm format equivalent
- *** It will be necessary to update the firmware on all XF lens except the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS. The lens firmware will be available from July 2013.
For enquiries on information in this media release, contact:
- Media Contact:
- FUJIFILM Corporation
Corporate Public Relations Division
- Customer Contact:
- Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following URL.