Firmware updates now available for the
FUJIFILM X-E1, FUJIFILM X100S, FUIFILM X-E2
November 28, 2013
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) will be releasing firmware upgrades for its premium X-E1, X100S and X-E2 models to enhance operability and functionality.
This latest firmware upgrade is being released in response to customer demand and will offer users the chance to update their models to incorporate functionality available on the most recent X series cameras launched in October 2013.
Fujifilm is striving to keep the level of technology offered on these products as up to date as possible so that purchasers of the X series models will have greater longevity of use.
[Release date of the new firmware]
19th December 2013 (Thu.) GMT 05:00/JST 14:00
FUJIFILM X-E1 : Ver.2.10
FUJIFILM X100S : Ver.1.10
FUJIFILM X-E2 : Ver.1.10
[Contents of the firmware update]
For an overview of improvements to each model please refer to the list below.
<Updates now available for the X-E1, X100S and X-E2>
1. New functionality allowing you to edit image filenames
- An image filename (DSCF***) is automatically allocated to each picture when shooting, this can now be changed to your filename of choice.* This added functionality is useful when organising the images after shooting, and sorting the images into groups.
- * It can be changed to a 4-letter filename when selecting “sRGB” and a 3-letter filename when selecting “Adobe RGB” for the color space.
2. Improvement of RAW file conversion function
- When developing RAF images in-camera using the built-in RAW file converter, the firmware upgrade improves the flow by taking you back to the original RAF image once the conversion has been done, whereas before it left you with the converted JPG file on screen and the user had to go back to the next RAF file manually.
<Updates available for the X-E1 and X100S>
3. See the exposure setting in live-view and histogram
- The images and histogram will reflect current exposure levels (with the shutter speed and aperture set during manual exposure also displayed on the image). In scenarios where the live view and the final shot will appear differently, eg: when using flash, this setting can be turned off.
4. Change of numbering for images shot using continuous shooting
- When shooting using continuous shooting, only the first image is currently displayed in full screen and subsequent frames are displayed in small on the bottom right, and the file number was set as “S+7-digit number”. With the new firmware, all frames in continuous shooting are displayed as full screen shots in playback. The file number has also been altered to follow numerically as per standard single shots, thereby allowing uniform management of images after shooting.
5. Aperture and shutter speed can be changed once AE lock is selected
- The aperture or shutter speed can be changed while maintaining exposure (EV value) with the AE lock button. The photographer has the ability to tweak settings down to the very last moment before shooting.
<Updates available for the X-E1>
6. The default and maximum sensitivity and minimum shutter speed can be set when ISO AUTO is selected
- When selecting “AUTO” in the ISO setting, users can also set standard ISO, Maximum ISO and a low-speed shutter limit. The Low-speed shutter limit has been extended to 1/500 seconds.
<Updates available for the X100S>
7. Improve the cover range and accuracy of the bright frame in the OVF
- By maintaining the position of the bright frame with parallax compensation during AF lock, the shooting area can be checked even when letting go of the shutter release.
[Details by model]
|1. Ability to edit the file name of shots taken in-camera
|2. Improvements made to the in-camera RAW file converter process
|3. More precise display of the exposure setting in live-view and histogram
|4. Improved playback view and file numbering for continuous shooting
|5. Ability to change aperture and shutter speed in AE lock
|6. Setting of the max and default ISO and minimum shutter speed in ISO AUTO
|7. Maintain live view of framed area with the parallax compensation during AF lock
- * These models do not have an optical view finder
Details on improvements 1, 4, 5, and 6 are available in the operation manual on the support page below.
Please visit the following URL for details on other changes.
- ** This firmware is exclusive to the FUJIFILM X-E1, X100S and X-E2. Firmware is software that controls the camera body.
For enquiries on information in this media release, contact:
- Customer Contact:
- Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following URL.