FUJIFILM X-T1 Firmware update 4.30 to further enhance X-T1 operability is available for download
February 4, 2016
Fujifilm Corporation is pleased to announce the release of firmware version 4.30 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.
As part of our continued effort to improve functionality of your camera, this latest firmware upgrades X-T1 cameras to add additional features requested by many users. It also makes the camera fully compatible with the FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens that was announced on January 15th, 2016.
＜ Firmware release date ＞
February 4th, 2016
＜ Firmware version ＞
＜ Improvements with this firmware update ＞
- 1. Using flashguns in Bracketing/Continuous shooting modes
Optional flashguns can now be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
- 2. Instant AF Setting in manual focus
Focus and exposure can now be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
- 3. AF+MF operation with AF-L button
When using the AF-L button to lock focus in AF+MF mode, you can still adjust the focus more accurately using the lens's focusing ring.
- 4. Focus zoom in AF+MF
The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can fine tune focusing using the lens's focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
- 5. Additional Custom Display options
Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu. Choose the information you want, then concentrate on shooting.
Focus frame / Shooting mode / Information background / Focus mode / Shutter type / Continuous mode / Dual IS mode / Movie mode / Blur warning
- 6. The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button can now be used as a Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
- 7. Fully compatible with FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
＜ Firmware ver. 4.00 (released in June 2015) brought substantial improvements to the following functions: ＞
- 1. New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes
- 2. Improvement of AF accuracy
- 3. Eye Detection AF
- 4. Auto Macro mode
- 5. AF improvement in the Movie mode
- 6. Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
- 7. Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
- 8. Finer lines on the framing grid to enhance visibility
- 9. Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion
＜ Firmware ver. 3.00 (released in December 2014) brought substantial improvements to the following functions: ＞
- 1. High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec.
- 2. Option to mute the shutter sound
- 3. Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode for more creativity
- 4. Natural Live View function - just like the naked eye
- 5. EVF / LCD Color Control
- 6. AF+MF function for seamless manual focusing
- 7. Direct selection of AF area
- 8. Interchangeable AE-L / AF-L buttons
- 9. Ability to change the size of the Focus frame in Manual Focus
- 10. Direct selection of Macro mode
- 11. Customizable Q. Menu
- 12. New video frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
- 13. Manual shooting in Video mode
- 14. Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
- 15. Interlocking of metering and focus areas
- 16. Shutter speed range expanded in Program Shift mode from 1/4sec to a maximum of 4 seconds
- 17. Additional settings in Function(Fn) options
- 18. Instax Printer print
- 19. Software lock function added to avoid accidental button pressing
- 20. Custom white balance options expanded from one to three
- 21. Greater choice of EVF / LCD display options when shooting in the Manual exposure mode
- 22. Support for PC-tethered shooting with HS-V5 software
- 23. Ability to change Face Detection functionality in Focus-Frame Selection AF
- 24. When pressing AE-L button, exposure is reflected in live view
- 25. When AF is locked by pressing AF-L button, the AF lock is maintained during zooming
- 26. Icon added to show RAW shooting is not available when an expanded sensitivity range is selected in RAW shooting.
[ Firmware update ]
X-T1 Firmware Ver.4.30 Download
This firmware is exclusive to the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition. Firmware is software that controls the camera body.
[ Product information ]
For inquiries on information in this media release, contact:
- Media Contact:
- FUJIFILM Corporation
Corporate Communications Div.
- Customer Contact:
- Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following URL.