“Expanding the compact, lightweight, and stylish lens lineup
for the X Series”
Compact lens that weighs just 180g and features fast AF for enjoying snapshots
FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR
Water and dust-resistant, capable of operating at low temperatures
August 25, 2016
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release a new “FUJINON lens, the XF23mmF2 R WR,” in late September 2016* to join the lineup of interchangeable lenses for X Series digital cameras, known for their outstanding image quality based on the company's proprietary color reproduction technology. The new lens has a highly versatile focal length equivalent to 35mm (in the 35mm film format), covering a range of subjects from snapshots to landscapes and portraits. Its compact and lightweight design with high-speed AF capability, allows users to enjoy taking snapshots with ease.
The XF23mmF2 R WR is a wide-angle lens with advanced image resolution, capable of drawing out the full performance of Fujifilm's proprietary X-Trans™ CMOS sensor. The inner-focus AF system** uses a stepping motor*** to drive the focusing group of lens elements for silent and fast autofocus.
The metal exterior gives a sense of premium quality and robustness, and the aperture ring and focus ring have been designed for optimum operability. The lens is also weather and dust resistant and operates at temperatures as low as -10°C, making it an ideal choice for outdoor photography.
The XF23mmF2 R WR has a similar size and design flair of the existing XF35mmF2 to make up a stylish collection of compact lenses.
- * Black version will be released in late September 2016. Silver version is scheduled to be released in January 2017.
- ** An AF system that moves relatively small lens elements in the middle or at the rear for focusing.
- *** The type of motor that rotates only at a fixed angle in response to an electrical pulse signal, and is used in precision positioning.
1. Product features
(1) Advanced image quality
- The lens consists of ten elements in six groups, including two aspherical elements. The optimum positioning of the aspherical elements ensures flatness of the image plane for
The aspherical elements are used as part of the focusing group to minimize performance fluctuations between different focal distances.
(2) Compact, lightweight and stylish design for great operability
- The lens weighs just 180g.
- The metal exterior, modeled after the design of XF35mmF2 R WR, gives a sense of premium quality and robustness.
- The compact and stylish form factor almost completely eliminates mechanical vignetting*4 when using the optical viewfinder on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and X-Pro1 cameras.
- The aperture ring and focus ring have just the right amount of clicking and torque for great operability.
- *4 Having part of the lens hood or lens barrel covering the corners of the view through an optical viewfinder
(3) Fast and silent autofocus
- The inner-focus AF system uses a stepping motor to drive lightweight focusing elements for silent and fast autofocus. When combined with the phase detection AF system on many X Series cameras (X-Pro2, X-T2, etc.), the lens can focus in an astonishing 0.05 seconds*5.
- *5 Using an internal measurement method compliant with the CIPA Guidelines, with the High Performance mode turned on
(4) Water and dust resistant, capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C
- The lens barrel is sealed to make it water and dust resistant, and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. Mounting on the water and dust-resistant mirrorless digital cameras FUJIFILM X-Pro2, X-T1 and X-T2 allows you to shoot in light rain or a dusty environment with peace of mind.
(5) Optional accessories
- This lens can be used with the vented metal hood “LH-XF35-2,” which is also compatible with the XF35mmF2 R WR.
- A silver version of the lens hood “LH-XF35-2” will also be released, allowing users to choose an optional hood that matches the color of the lens.
2. Main Specification
||FUJINON LENS XF23mmF2 R WR
||10 elements 6 groups
(includes 2 aspherical elements)
|Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
|Angle of view
||Number of blades
||9(rounded diaphragm opening)
||1/3EV (19 steps)
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
(distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Φ60mm x 51.9mm
(excluding caps, hoods )
||Lens cap FLCP-43
Lens rear cap RLCP-001
For enquiries on information in this media release, contact:
- Media Contact:
- Corporate Communications Div.
- Customer Contact:
- Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following