- 1. Scope of Application
- 2. Priority of Special Notes
2. Management of Personal Information
- 1. Gathering Personal Information
- 1. In principle, customers may view The Website (s) without disclosing personal information. However, when The Company receives user registrations, e-mail news distribution requests, and inquiries to The Company, the customer shall be required to provide personal information.
2. The Website (s) may collect information such as which content the customer has viewed within The Website (s), or which website the customer has referred to access The Website (s). In the process of collecting such information, which purpose is to improve the usability of The Website (s), information shall not be collected in a manner in which individual customers may be identified, nor shall the individual customers be identified during the process of information analysis.
- 2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- 1. On individual sites that have been created to receive personal information provided by customers, the purpose of use of provided personal information shall be clearly indicated, except in cases where the purpose of use is self-evident to customers.
- 2. The use of personal information provided by customers shall be limited to the purpose of use clearly indicated to the customer in advance, except in cases in which it is clearly permitted in laws, ordinances, and standards related to personal information protection and which apply to such matters.
- 3. The Company shall not disclose nor supply the personal information provided by customers to third parties except in the following cases:
- 1. When the customer's consent is given in advance.
- 2. When it is necessary to commission operations to The Company's group companies or other affiliated companies.
- 3. When The Company determines from the customer inquiry that it is appropriate for The Company's group company providing The Company's products/services to respond to the customer's inquiry.
- 4. When the customer's name, address, credit card number, and other information is disclosed to financial institutions or other parties for payment settlement when the customer orders products or uses other services which require a fee.
- 5. When personal information is provided to the successor of the operations when the operations are transferred due to reasons such as merger, demerger, and transfer of operations.
- 6. When personal information disclosure is requested under the stipulations of laws and ordinances.
- 7. When there is an immediate need for disclosure to protect human life or human rights.
- 8. When cooperating with requests of judicial institutions, police, or other public bodies and that are based on laws and ordinances.
- 4. Management of Personal Information
The personal information provided by customers shall be managed in an appropriate manner under the responsibility of each division of The Company that receives such personal information, and they shall prevent accidents such as loss, theft, falsification, and leakage from occurring.
- 5. Confirmation, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
- 1. Regarding questions and inquiries regarding the confirmation, correction, deletion, and other matters regarding a customer's personal information, the point of contact of The Company given when the customer provides personal information shall receive such requests or inquiries.
- 2. If the point of contact of The Company is unknown, please contact the Webmaster.
3. Personal Information of Customers who are Under the Age of 16
Regarding personal information of customers who are under the age of 16, information must be provided with the consent of their guardians.
4. Use of TLS
- 1. In principle, as a countermeasure against illegal third party interception, the Transport Layer Security (TLS) method shall be used to encrypt the data on the data entry form, which is made available on The Website (s) so customers may provide their personal information.
- 2. On The Website (s), in addition to TLS encrypted data entry forms, there may be cases in which data entry forms without TLS data encryption are made available for customers whose browsers are not compatible with TLS encryption. Please note before using such data entry forms that the transferred data will not be encrypted and that there is the possibility that a third party will illegally intercept the data and read it.
- 1. To provide the “Save Password” function for members-only sites where customers input their ID and password to view content.
- 2. To analyze customer access to The Website(s) in order to improve operability or to identify the cause of problems on The Website(s).
- 3. To display the most appropriate advertisements on third party sites based on customer interests or previous usage of The Website(s).
- 4. To enhance services.
- 5. To prompt customers to re-enter their password for security purposes after a certain period of time has elapsed.
The Company may save and refer to cookies via a third party being outsourced by the Company for the delivery of advertisements.
6. Use of Web Beacons
Also called a clear GIF or a pixel tag, a web beacon is a small graphic image that is placed on a website. By using web beacons in a way that does not identify the customer, the customers' viewing status is analyzed to improve The Website (s) and to make it more convenient for customers.
7. Links on The Website (s)
8. Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
In handling personal information provided by customers, The Company shall comply with laws, ordinances, and standards related to the protection of personal information which applies to such matters.
Last update: December 1, 2014