FUJIFILM X-E2 Evolution: Impact on Shooting & Playback Functions
Face Detection function
Take portraits and group photos with confidence.
With Face Detection ON, faces in the scenes are instantly detected, and the focus, exposure and white balance are automatically optimized.
Super Intelligent Flash
"Natural" Macro Close-ups with the Built-in Flash
- Conventional Digital Camera
- FUJIFILM X-E2
Automatically delivering the ideal amount of flash for every scene, the FUJIFILM X-E2 clearly and brightly captures faces even under strong backlit or dark conditions. Also when shooting macro shots in dim lighting, this smart flash prevents the washout of the subject and background. When even more light is required or you're shooting with the lens hood attached, you can use a separately sold TTL flash.
Advanced Filter. Transform photos into original works of art.
Featuring a choice of 8 artistic effects, Advanced Filter makes artistic photography as easy as pressing the shutter. Before you shoot, you can preview the effect on the LCD monitor and even fine-tune brightness.
Adds top and bottom blur for a diorama or miniature effect.
Create a fantasy effect by dynamically-modulated tonal reproduction.
Enhance brightness and reduce contrast to lighten tonal reproduction.
Create uniformly dark tones with emphasized highlights.
Partial Color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white.
Create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image.
Emphasizes contrast and color saturation.
Adds shaded borders to create the effect of a photo being taken by a toy camera.
Exposure compensation dial range of ±3.0EV
For broader adjustment of exposure, the exposure compensation control offers an expanded range of ±3.0EV with the effect reflected in the live view screen. The dial rotation torque has been increased, reducing the risk of unintentional movement of the setting.
- * movie recording : ±2.0EV
Easier-to-use Continuous AF
Focus tracking operates even when the shutter button is half-pressed. It is also possible to use the Focus Lock as before, and to change the setting in the menu. The position of the focus target mark can now be freely selected (Area Selection), and continuous shooting with AF tracking is also possible using the subject motion predictive AF (in Low-speed Continuous Shooting Mode with auto focus set to AF-C).
Enhanced shooting functionality with manual exposure
You can preview your shutter speed and aperture value in the "live" view display in the EVF and on the LCD monitor (PREVIEW EXP. in MANUAL MODE ON/OFF). The HISTOGRAM display also responds with improved accuracy in scenes with more extreme contrast. You can also use the DYNAMIC RANGE AUTO function with manual exposure (with sensitivity restrictions).
Customize ISO AUTO with maximum sensitivity and minimum shutter limits
Under ISO in the Shooting Menu, you can select ISO AUTO and set the default ISO sensitivity, MAX. SENSITIVITY, and MIN. SHUTTER SPEED from an expanded minimum shutter speed range as fast as 1/500 sec.
Select "MULTIPLE EXPOSURE" with the DRIVE button
To immediately switch to Multiple Exposure shooting, just press the DRIVE "shortcut" button and select MULTIPLE EXPOSURE. Other shooting modes that can be smoothly selected in the same way using the DRIVE button include ADVANCED FILTER, CONTINUOUS SHOOTING, BRACKETING, MOTION PANORAMA and MOVIE.
Delete zoomed images during Playback
When checking the focus quality by zooming in on an image in Playback mode, unwanted images can be deleted without first returning to the normal viewing size.
FUJIFILM X-E2 Evolution: Other Improvements to Explore
- 14bit RAW capture enables RAW conversion with richer tonality.
- High precision AF even under low brightness, low contrast, and when horizontal lines are present.
- When shooting with AF, one press of the Command Dial on the back will display the live image to a 4x magnification.
- The "Distance Indicator" display for manual focusing has been redesigned to optimize ease of viewing and prevent it from hindering composition.
- AF-L button (One Touch AF when shooting with Manual Focus mode) is now independent from the AE-L button.
- Simulataneous setting of AE Lock/AF Lock is possible with the AF-L button.
- AE Lock when shooting with manual focusing is possible.
- The determined ISO value is displayed when the AE-L button is pressed.
- With the AE Lock ON, the aperture and shutter speed can be changed while maintaining the exposure.
- User can assign functions to 4 buttons (Fn / Fn2 / AE / AF).
- ON/OFF Switch has been made more resistant to prevent unintended powering on of the camera.
- Improved flash pop up mechanism for smoother, stabler deployment.
- Flash adjustment range of ±2.0. The compensation value is also displayed in the interface.
- Hold down the MENU button for a few seconds to lock the Selector, AE-L button, and AF-L button.
- When shooting the night sky and other dark scenes, both the LCD and EVF can be turned OFF with activation of only the EVF by the Eye Sensor when looking through the viewfinder.
- "RESET" has been divided into two separate items: Shooting Menu "RESET" and Setup Menu "RESET".
- "Remembers" the last shutter speed setting adjustment made using the menu even after being turned OFF.
- When selecting the AF area, the "BACK" button resets to the default center position, and "OK" confirms the selection.
- Full-screen zoom display when reviewing a vertically-oriented image with the zoom view in playback mode.
- "One Touch" zoom playback of detected faces in Playback mode.
- When IMAGE DISP. is ON, the Eye Sensor will automatically switch the display from EVF to LCD when your eye leaves the EVF.
- Improvement of display speed when advancing frames in the Playback Menu for swift review of high resolution images.
- Addition of "MyFinePix.com" to "MARK FOR UPLOAD TO" in the Playback Menu.
- Terminal compatibility with commercially sold Micro USB (asynchronous)
- Remote release RR-90 (for Micro USB terminal) compatibility
- · Sample photos are simulated images.