The X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition's quality shine is achieved through the six advanced stages.
- 1: First comes the milled magnesium top cover from the mold
- 2: A chemical conversion coating is applied to prevent oxidation via contact with air
- 3: Using a black base coat (primer), the shadow areas are darkened, allowing the highlights to stand out
- 4: Using multiple thin-layer technology, the graph ite silver texture is added. Tiny amounts of graphite are applied via computer control while rotating the body at high speeds
- 5: A minor amount of black is added to the clear finish coating material, creating the unique glossy feel
- 6: Areas such as the logo are colored by hand