Versatile Shooting Modes P / S / A / M Mode dial
In addition to a wide range of shooting modes, the FUJIFILM XQ1 offers a selection of versatile scene positions that ensure optimum results no matter what the scene.
- Advanced SR AUTO
- Advanced SR AUTO automatically optimizes shutter speed, aperture and other settings. It instantly recognizes 64 scene types and then selects the most appropriate settings. All you do is frame, press the shutter and enjoy pro-class photo quality.
- The easiest mode for taking pictures. Use this for ordinary photography.
- Advanced Mode
- Motion Panorama 360
- Multiple Exposure
- Pro Low-Light
- Pro Focus
- Scene Position
- Ensures the ideal camera settings to match the shooting scenes.
- Program AE
- Automatic mode to specify the settings except for the shutter speed and aperture setting.
- Shutter Priority AE
- An automatic mode to set the shutter speed.
- Advanced Filter
- Filter effects such as Toy camera, Miniature, High key and Pop Color can be chosen.
- This mode is a shooting mode with user settings.
- Aperture Priority AE
- An automatic mode to set the aperture.
- This mode provides more detailed settings that are impossible to set in Auto mode.
A Host of Scene Position
- Set for shooting portraits. Skintones are softened as it enhances the overall natural look.
- Portrait Enhancer
- Enables automatic enhancements of skintone.
- Best for shooting underwater capturing clear images of the ocean blue.
- Best for shooting scenery in daylight capturing clear and sharp shots of buildings and mountains effectively.
- A quick recognition of persons in motion or objects for a faster shutter speed to help you catch the perfect moment.
- Mode for shooting evening and night scenes. A picture is taken with a slow shutter.
- Night (Tripod)
- Clear shots of twilight scenes using tripod.
- Effective for taking shots of fireworks with a slow shutter speed.
- Capture sunset scenes vivid in color.
- Most adaptable to snow scenes without unnatural darkened images or where the whole screen appears white.
- Clear shots of people without darkened images under strong sunlight.
- Best for shooting indoor weddings or parties. Retains the natural ambience in low-light conditions.
- Capture a clear close-up shots of blooming flowers rich in color.
- Clear shots of letters on a document or white board.
Advanced Filter. Transform photos into original works of art.
Featuring a choice of 8 artistic effects, Advanced Filter makes artistic photography as easy as pressing the shutter. Before you shoot, you can preview the effect on the LCD monitor and even fine-tune brightness.
Adds top and bottom blur for a diorama or miniature effect.
Partial Color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white.
Adds shaded borders to create the effect of a photo being taken by a toy camera.
Create a fantasy effect by dynamically-modulated tonal reproduction.
Enhance brightness and reduce contrast to lighten tonal reproduction.
Create uniformly dark tones with emphasized highlights.
Create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image.
Emphasizes contrast and color saturation.
FILM SIMULATION - Signature color expression by Fujifilm
The vivid colors of Velvia! The gentle skin tonality of ASTIA! Just like choosing the ideal film for a creative direction, you can select and simulate the unique look of Fujifilm's acclaimed films. Film Simulation also lets you replicate MONOCHROME and SEPIA film photography.
Define memorable moments in the nostalgic, warm tones of sepia.
MONOCHROME (+Ye / R / G FILTER)
Express the moment with the honesty and depth of monochrome.
Full HD Movie x Film Simulation Mode
Full HD Movie (1920 x 1080) mode features 60fps for smoother capture of the action in full high definition. You can also take advantage of Monochrome and the vivid color expression of other Film Simulation modes, and exploit the brightness of the lens to shoot movies with a dreamy "bokeh" effect. Also the new movie scene recognition function can automatically recognise 6 types of scene and optimise settings for beautiful results under a variety of shooting conditions.
Even when shooting moving subjects, Auto Focus keeps the action in sharp focus. And if you are shooting scenes while walking, image stabilization can minimize blur.
Make Cinema Magic with FULL HD Movie x Film Simulation
True-to-life natural tonality and color reproduction.
Shoot Full HD Movies in the vibrant colors of Velvia.
Capture the action in richly expressive monochrome tones.
MULTIPLE EXPOSURE - Rediscover the art of double exposure photography.
Just select Multiple Exposure mode and take the first shot. Then frame and shoot the second exposure while viewing the first image in the LCD monitor. This lets you not only precisely position and focus the second shot, but also "see" how the finished Multiple Exposure image will look and make creative adjustments like zooming in to enlarge the subject.
- 1st shot
- 2nd shot
- Multiple Exposure result
Motion Panorama 360
Just sweep the camera right-left or up-down to shoot giant panoramas up to 360°. When you view the panorama playing back on your camera or personal computer, you can enjoy a seamless panorama image with both ends stitched together to create a “cylinder” view.
Image Processing Function of Multi Frame Composition
Pro Focus Mode with Face Detection
This focus-bracketing mode emulates the gentle, out-of-focus background look of a DSLR when shooting portraits or macro subjects. A single press of the shutter first takes an exposure focused on the main subject, then additional exposures at different focus points*. This produces a final image emphasizing the sharply focused subject against a soft, out-of-focus background**.
- Conventional Digital Camera
- FUJIFILM XQ1
Pro Low-light Mode
Ideal for shooting non-moving subjects in low light, this mode automatically takes a series of four high-sensitivity & low-noise exposures and then combines them into an image with less noise than the single exposures.
FUJIFILM XQ1 offers a choice of 4:3, 16:9, 3:2 and 1:1 aspect ratios.
- · Sample photos are simulated images.
- * There must be sufficient distance between the subject and the background for this function to work properly.
- ** Except for subjects where focus bracketing is unable to produce sufficient defocus.