Detail of the update
The firmware (Ver.1.11 to Ver.1.12) update incorporates the following issue.
- An issue that, in some rare case, the camera may be frozen when PC controlling software (included in "Hyper Utility HS-V3") is used, has been resolved.
The firmware (Ver.1.09 to Ver.1.11) update incorporates the following issue.
- An issue that, in some rare circumstances, caused the battery indicator to blink, regardless of actual battery charge, has been resolved.
The firmware (Ver.1.08 to Ver.1.09) update incorporates the following issues.
- 1.Better image quality of "live" view when using Hyper-Utility software HS-V3 or HS-V3 UP.
- 2.Corrects a problem where the AC connection icon is incorrectly shown in the HS-V3 battery level display when the MB-D200 is mounted with HS-V3 (Hyper-Utility 3) is connected and there is no battery loaded in the A slot (on the right when viewed from the battery insertion slot) in the MB-D200.
The firmware (Ver.1.06 to Ver.1.08) update incorporates the following issues.
- When MB-D200 Multi-Power Battery Pack (introduced by Nikon) is used with S5Pro, sometimes the camera may be stopped suddenly (e.g. freeze) due to the contact failure between FinePix S5 Pro and MB-D200.
- Cf. Contact failure is not occurred regularly. Even with contact failure in a short period FinePix S5 Pro will be frozen in some case.
- For removing the trouble, new FinePix S5 Pro firmware has been established.
The firmware (Ver.1.04 to Ver.1.06) update incorporates the following issues.
- 1.Upgrade of Barcode-reading function
- [BCD (Barcode) MULTI READ] function is added in [IMAGE COMMENT] menu.
If this function is selected, the characters (in the EXIF tag) will not be overwritten but added continuously at each barcode reading. In this case, the user comment already typed in will be erased.
- 2.Upgrade of [FUNCTION LOCK] function
The following four functions are added in [SELECTED FUNCTION] menu for [FUNCTION LOCK].
- NOISE REDUCTION
- FILE TAG OPTIONS
The contents of the owner's manual will be partly changed along with this update.
The firmware update Ver.1.04 incorporates the following issues.
- 1.Better white balance when setting FLASH-mode for the WHITE BLANCE.
- 2.Better white balance when setting AUTO-mode for the WHITE BLANCE and using Nikon non-CPU lenses.
*It requires to set the maximum aperture according to the FinePix S5 Pro Owener’s Manual(p.121-p.124).
- 1.If firmware upgrading fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases.
Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the AC adapter or the full charged battery NP-150 when upgrading the firmware.
Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware upgrading takes approximately 1 minutes.
- 4.Once the firmware has been upgraded, the previous current cannot be restored.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.