Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issues:
- For operation of newly added functions, which are described as following item, please download PDF data issued as “X10 New Feature Guide”.
- 1.Advanced Filter
The “Advanced Filter” function has been added to the camera's Adv. (Advanced) Mode to enable the user to create unique photographic effects. Choosing from six special filters in 11 patterns, users can check the effect of individual filters on the LCD monitor while shooting.
- 2.Q (Quick) Menu function
The “Q (Quick) Menu” which is a popular feature applied in the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 has been added. The “RAW” button on the back of the camera has been assigned to the “Q Menu” button. As a result pressing the “RAW” button, users can directly access frequently-used shooting settings requires during a photo shoot, including ISO, White Balance, and Film Simulation, etc.
The firmware update Ver.1.03 incorporates the following issues:
- 1.New function for "RAW" button can be applied by customer's preference
By holding down RAW button for approx. 2 second or more, RAW button can be applied into new function similar to "Fn" button setting.
- 2.Each value set on ISO sensitivity and Dynamic range can be maintained even if aperture setting mode (P / A / S / M) is changed.
- 3.Face detection function is upgraded to keep tracking face by means of face-tracking AF function. As this function is activated even in movie recording mode, AF on detected face in the movie becomes more effective.
- 4.Blooming (White disk) phenomena, which can be observed in EXR AUTO mode, is reduced.
- 5.Compatibility on Mac OS 10.7
When the camera is connected to Mac PC on Mac OS 10.7, the camera is effectively recognized. Additionally, compatibility on RAW FILE CONVERTER EX with Mac OS 10.7 has been confirmed.
- 6.AF confirmation sound was controlled on "SHUTTER VOLUME" in the SET-UP menu. By this update, this sound is controlled on "OPERATION VOL." in the SET-UP menu, just similar to another functions.
- 7.The image area with high brightness might be recorded as "black-out" area, just in case of dedicated shooting condition, This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
- 8.When the flash is used under macro shooting condition, light-reflected area was shown in greenish. This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
The firmware (Ver.1.00-Ver.1.01 to Ver.1.02) update incorporates the following issues.
- 1.Just in the following camera procedure, aperture value was incorrectly displayed as "F2.2" even if actual value was set to "F2.0". This phenomenon is improved.
- (1) Mode dial is set to [A] or [M]
- (2) Aperture is set to F2.0 (open aperture).
- (3) Zoom lens position is moved from wide edge to telephoto edge, and finally to wide edge, again.
- 2.In the TRACKING mode, the AF hunting occurs, which you can see coming in focus and out of focus continuously in the LCD monitor. This occurs in the two cases below.
- (1) Turn on the camera to select "TRACKING" in AF mode(shooting menu) and change to shooting mode by half-pressing the shutter button.
(If changing to shooting mode by pressing "DISP/BACK" button, this cannot occur.)
- (2) Turn off and on the camera while "TRACKING" mode.
(If turning on and off after changing to EXR mode, this cannot occur.)
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases.Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged NP-50 battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 4.Once the firmware has been updated, the previous version cannot be restored.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.