The firmware update Ver.1.20 from ver.1.10 incorporates the following issue:
- Addition of the function for TELE CONVERSION LENS TCL-X100
- 1.Change of shooting menu
Current : WIDE CONVERSION LENS > ON / OFF
New : CONVERSION LENS >WIDE / TELE / OFF
- 2.When "TELE" is selected in the "CONVERSION LENS" menu, the size of the Bright frame in the Optical Viewfinder will switch to shooting area for the TELE CONVERSION LENS.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver. 1.03 incorporates the following issues:
- Regarding operations of items below from 1 through 4, refer to "X100S New Features Guide" in this website.
In this firmware upgrade, all the camera settings including date will be reset to the factory setting.
- 1.New functionality allowing you to edit image file names
An image file name (DSCF***) is automatically allocated to each picture when shooting, this can now be changed to your file name of choice.* This added functionality is useful when organizing the images after shooting, and sorting the images into groups.
- * It can be changed to a 4-letter file name when selecting "sRGB" and a 3-letter file name when selecting "Adobe RGB" for the color space.
- 2.See the exposure setting in live-view and histogram
The images and histogram will reflect current exposure levels (with the shutter speed and aperture set during manual exposure also displayed on the image). In scenarios where the live view and the final shot will appear differently, eg: when using flash, this setting can be turned off.
- 3.Change of numbering for images shot using continuous shooting
When shooting using continuous shooting, only the first image is currently displayed in full screen and subsequent frames are displayed in small on the bottom right, and the file number was set as "S+7-digit number". With the new firmware, all frames in continuous shooting are displayed as full screen shots in playback. The file number has also been altered to follow numerically as per standard single shots, thereby allowing uniform management of images after shooting.
- 4.Aperture and shutter speed can be changed once AE lock is selected
The aperture or shutter speed can be changed while maintaining exposure (EV value) with the AE lock button. The photographer has the ability to tweak settings down to the very last moment before shooting.
- 5.Improvement of RAW file conversion function
When developing RAF images in-camera using the built-in RAW file converter, the firmware upgrade improves the flow by taking you back to the original RAF image once the conversion has been done, whereas before it left you with the converted JPG file on screen and the user had to go back to the next RAF file manually.
- 6.Improve the cover range and accuracy of the bright frame in the OVF
By maintaining the position of the bright frame with corrected parallax during AF lock, the shooting range can be checked even when letting go of the release. *When use AE-L/AF-L button with the setting of "AE & AF ON/OFF SWITCH" in AE/AF-LOCK MODE and "AF LOCK ONLY" or "AE/AF LOCK" in AE/AF-LOCK BUTTON in SHOOTING MENU.
The firmware update Ver.1.03 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issue:
- 1.The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases a grainy image like TV fuzz could appear on LCD under a certain shooting condition.
The firmware update Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issue:
- 1.The phenomenon is fixed that the brightness of the OVF bright frame doesn't change according to a surrounding brightness in case of ISO 1600 and higher.