Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.06 incorporates the following issue
- 1.Improvement of AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
- The updated algorithm will enable AF speed to become faster with the following XF lenses:
- XF14mmF2.8 R
- XF18mmF2 R
- XF35mmF1.4 R
- XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS.
- To enjoy this improvement, firmware upgrade of those XF lenses are also required.
- 2."Focus Peak Highlight" function for manual focusing is added.
- The function, which features on FUJIFILM X100S and X20, is added and assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
* With this update, "Focus Peak Highlight" function is selected as a default setting. Pressing the center of the command dial for a while enables you to switch the setting of "Focus Peak Highlight" and "STANDARD" (off of "Focus Peak Highlight"). And "MF ASSIST" is added in SHOOTING MENU where you can select "HIGH" and "LOW" in "Focus Peak Highlight" and "STANDARD".
- 3.Improvement of the method to switch magnification during manual focusing.
- Press the "Command dial" to activate image magnification during manual focusing and then turning the dial in either right or left direction will enable you to alternate the magnification of 3 times and 10 times.
- 4.Improvement of focus accuracy in various scenes.
- The focus detection algorithm is improved to provide more accurate focus for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.
The firmware update Ver.1.06 from Ver.1.05 incorporates the following issue
- 1.Operability is improved to change settings easier and quicker by "single-hand".
- (1)"Focus Frame Selection" option is added to "Fn" (function) button.
- (2)One more "Fn" function (No.2) is added to the down key of the "Selector".
In the "Fn BUTTON" on the SHOOTING MENU, selection of "Fn BUTTON" or "▼SELECTOR" is added. The default setting of the added Fn function (No.2) is "Focus Frame Selection".
- 2.Function to enable "Command dial" to control aperture setting for XF/XC lens without an aperture ring is
This function is for the XF27mmF2.8 and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS which don't have an aperture ring. On the Shooting Mode, "APERTURE SETTING" is added and one of "AUTO+MANUAL", "AUTO" and "MANUAL" can be selected.
For detail of how to operate, please refer to the operation manual "Before Using This Product" bundled with above lenses.
- The "APERTURE SETTING" will be newly appeared, but it is not selectable unless either XF27mmF2.8 or XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS is attached to a camera.
The firmware update Ver.1.05 from Ver.1.04 incorporates the following issue
- 1.AF speed is improved when used with XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS.
The firmware update Ver.1.04 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issue
- 1.Adding the compatibility with "XF14mmF2.8R".
You will get the full performance of "XF14mmF2.8R", including Manual Focus function.
- 2.Newly added function
Shutter release button can be active even if an external microphone or a remote release is connected to USB mini terminal or MIC / REMOTE terminal (Φ2.5mm) of the camera.
- 3.Improvement in performance
- (1)Accuracy of auto focus performance has been much improved under a various shooting condition.
Shooting with XF35mm lens, Shooting for the target with relatively high frequency, One-push AF by pressing AE-L / AF-L button,
- To enable more accurate AF performance with XF35mm lens, please update the firmware of your Fujinon XF35mm lens at the same time. Firwware version must be Ver. 2.02 or later.
- (2)Audio performance has been optimized for Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1 (sold separately.)
- (3)Improvement of unexpected pixels recorded in the top far-left taken with XF18-55mm Lens under the condition of middle range focal length.
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issue
- 1.Adding the compatibility with "XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R".
- *You will get the full performance with the new zoom lens "XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R".
- 2.The phenomena below will be fixed.
- (1)The auto focus accuracy with XF60mm Lens could not be enough.
- (2)When using the M- Mount Adapter, under exposure could occur.
For operation of M mount adapter effectively, please check and download PDF file at the following URL.
- 1.To enable those features, please confirm the firmware version of your Fujinon XF lenses (XF18mmF2 R / XF35mmF1.4 R / XF60mmF2.4 R Macro) is Ver. 2.01 or later.
- 2.The firmware version of XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS must be confirmed as Ver. 1.01 or later.
- 3.Please remove the XF lens from the camera body before updating the camera body.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 4.Once the firmware has been updated, some dataof the previous version cannot be restored.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.