Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, hold down the control key and press the F5 key.
- * In case of Safari, hold down the control key and press “R” key.
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.3.00 from Ver.2.10 incorporates the following issues:
- Regarding operations of items below from 1 through 4, refer to "X-E2 New Features Guide [Ver.3.00 or later]" below.
- 1. AF+MF
- "AF+MF" function enables seamless manual focusing. After half pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustment can then be made using the manual focus ring.
- 2. Enhanced wireless function for shooting from your smartphone or tablet devices*
- By downloading the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote** app to your smartphone or tablet devices, users can use the Remote Control function, which allows a wealth of control, even from a distance. This functionality is great for a wide variety of shots, including group photos, self-portraits and animals in their natural habitat.
- * Android™, smartphone and table devices, iPhone / iPad.
- ** After updating the Firmware Version 3.00, FUJIFILM Camera Application app cannot be used.
Requires installation of FUJIFILM Camera Remote app to your smartphone or tablet devices
- 3. New Classic Chrome Film Simulation
- The X Series' Film Simulation modes represent Fujifilm's wealth of experience in color reproduction technology. "Classic Chrome", which delivers subtle colors and beautifully muted tones reminiscent of vintage reversal film, has been newly added to the existing selection.
- 4. Interval timer shooting
- The new Interval timer shooting function allows X-E2 users to capture time lapse photography. Set the starting time, the shooting interval (1 sec. to 24 hr.) and finally the number of frames (1 - 999), and the camera does the rest.
The firmware update Ver.2.10 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Addition of compatibility with "XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR"
- To ensure that autofocus performs as expected, upgrade the firmware for the camera.
- 2. Change of aperture display for zoom lenses
- Display of aperture value when zooming with the shutter button pressed halfway will become same as the display when zooming without the shutter button pressed.
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.20 incorporates the following issues:
- Regarding operations of items below from 2 through 4, refer to “X-E2 New Features Guide （Ver.2.00 or later）” below.
- 1. Enhanced EVF including the world’s fastest* display lag-time of 0.005 seconds
The firmware will shorten the display lag** for X-E2’s Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) to less than 1/10 compared to that of the current firmware to the world’s fastest 0.005 seconds for ultimate performance which has been invented as Real Time Viewfinder, featured in X-T1. Also it enhances the frame rate of the viewfinder and the highest frame rate is maintained even in low light conditions or night-time photography, providing smooth live view images through the lens.
- * Fujifilm research as of January 2014.
- ** Time lag between actual subject movements and subject movements seen through a viewfinder.
- 2. Selectable colors for outlines for Focus Peak Highlight
Focus Peak Highlight is a focus-aiding function that highlights the outlines of areas that have high subject contrast. The firmware allows users to select Blue or Red in addition to the current White to highlight the areas of strong contrast. The strength of the color display can be also adjusted between High and Low according to the type of your subject or your personal preference.
- 3. Added functions that can be assigned to the Fn (Function) button
Users can now assign the “FACE DETECTION” and “EVF/LCD SETTING” selection functions to four Fn (Function) buttons on the top and back in shooting mode. When set to “EVF/LCD SETTING”, the button is used to switch between four modes, i.e. “EYE SENSOR MODE” (automatically switching the EVF and LCD displays when the user's eye comes close to the viewfinder), “EVF ONLY”, “LCD ONLY” and “EVF ONLY + EYE SENSOR”.
- 4. Added “Suppressed Flash” option when selecting flash mode
Once the firmware is updated, a “Suppressed Flash mode (where the flash does not fire even when the subject is poorly lit)” can be selected from the flash menu.
- 5. The phenomenon is fixed that in FILM SIMULATION Bracketing, third picture is recorded as “ASTIA” although the third picture is set as “PRO Neg. Hi”.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
- Regarding operations of items below 1 “X-E2 New Features Guide(Ver.1.10 or later)” in this website.
In this firmware upgrade, all the camera settings including date will be reset to the factory setting.
- 1. New functionality allowing you to edit image file names
An image file name (DSCF***) is automatically allocated to each picture when shooting, this can now be changed to your file name of choice.* This added functionality is useful when organizing the images after shooting, and sorting the images into groups.
- * It can be changed to a 4-letter file name when selecting “sRGB” and a 3-letter file name when selecting “Adobe RGB” for the color space.
- 2. Improvement of RAW file conversion function
When developing RAF images in-camera using the built-in RAW file converter, the firmware upgrade improves the flow by taking you back to the original RAF image once the conversion has been done, whereas before it left you with the converted JPG file on screen and the user had to go back to the next RAF file manually.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 4.Once the firmware has been updated, some dataof the previous version cannot be restored.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.