The firmware update Ver.3.61 from Ver.3.60 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. The accuracy of Manual focus adjustment will be enhanced when using lenses below.
XF35mmF2 R WR / XF90mmF2 R LM WR / XF10-24mmF4 R OIS / XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR /
XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS / XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR / XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR /
XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS / XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR / XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II /
XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS II
* It is necessary to upgrade the firmware of lenses above at the same time.
The firmware update Ver.3.60 from Ver.3.50 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Supports focus limiter function for XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
The firmware update Ver. 3.50 from Ver.3.41 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Addition of compatibility with "XF35mmF2 R WR"
AF function will work more naturally and smoothly with "XF35mmF2 R WR".
- 2. Addition of compatibility with Teleconverter "XF1.4X TC WR"
Function with the combination of "XF1.4X TC WR" and "XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR" will be fully performed and values of aperture and focal length will be displayed correctly.
* Upgrade the firmware of a camera to the latest version first and then upgrade the firmware of your lens for Tele Conversion Lenses.
The firmware update Ver.3.41 from Ver.3.40 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Support for Windows10
The phenomenon is fixed that images in a camera cannot be transferred to a Windows10 PC via a USB cable.
The firmware update Ver.3.40 from Ver.3.30 incorporates the following issues:
- Regarding operations of items below 1 "X-Pro1 New Features Guide [Ver.3.40 or later]" in this website.
- 1. AF+MF
- "AF+MF" function enables seamless manual focusing. After half pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustment can then be made using the manual focus ring.
The firmware update Ver. 3.30 from Ver. 3.20 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Addition of compatibility with "XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR"
- To ensure that autofocus performs as expected, upgrade the firmware for the camera.
- 2. Change of aperture display for zoom lenses
- Display of aperture value when zooming with the shutter button pressed halfway will become same as the display when zooming without the shutter button pressed.
The firmware update Ver. 3.20 from Ver. 3.10 incorporates the following issue:
- 1. Addition of compatibility with "XF56mmF1.2 R".
- Improvement of AE accuracy with "XF56mmF1.2 R".
The firmware update Ver. 3.10 from Ver.3.01 incorporates the following issues:
- Regarding operations of items below from 2 through 6, refer to "X-Pro1 New Features Guide" in this website.
In this firmware upgrade, all the camera settings including date will be reset to the factory setting.
- 1. Improve the cover range and accuracy of the bright frame in the OVF
- The cover range of the bright frame displaying the shooting area in the optical viewfinder has been improved so that a field of view closer to the actual image can be checked. By maintaining the position of the bright frame with parallax compensation during AF lock, the shooting area can be checked even when letting go of the shutter release.* When use AE-L/AF-L button with the setting of "AF LOCK ONLY" or "AE/AF LOCK" in AE/AF-LOCK BUTTON in SHOOTING MENU.
- 2. See the exposure setting in live-view and histogram
- The images and histogram will reflect current exposure levels (with the shutter speed and aperture set during manual exposure also displayed on the image). In scenarios where the live view and the final shot will appear differently, eg: when using flash, this setting can be turned off.
- 3. Aperture and shutter speed can be changed once AE lock is selected
- The aperture or shutter speed can be changed while maintaining exposure (EV value) with the AE lock button. The photographer has the ability to tweak settings down to the very last moment before shooting.
- 4. The default and maximum sensitivity and minimum shutter speed can be set when ISO AUTO is selected
- When selecting "AUTO" in the ISO setting, users can also set standard ISO, Maximum ISO and a low-speed shutter limit. The low-speed shutter limit has been extended to 1/500 seconds.
- 5. New functionality allowing you to edit image file names
- An image file name (DSCF***) is automatically allocated to each picture when shooting, this can now be changed to your file name of choice.* This added functionality is useful when organizing the images after shooting, and sorting the images into groups.
- * It can be changed to a 4-letter file name when selecting "sRGB" and a 3-letter file name when selecting "Adobe RGB" for the color space.
- 6. Change of numbering for images shot using continuous shooting
- When shooting using continuous shooting, only the first image is currently displayed in full screen and subsequent frames are displayed in small on the bottom right, and the file number was set as "S+7-digit number". With the new firmware, all frames in continuous shooting are displayed as full screen shots in playback. The file number has also been altered to follow numerically as per standard single shots, thereby allowing uniform management of images after shooting.
- 7. Improvement of RAW file conversion function
- When developing RAF images in-camera using the built-in RAW file converter, the firmware upgrade improves the flow by taking you back to the original RAF image once the conversion has been done, whereas before it left you with the converted JPG file on screen and the user had to go back to the next RAF file manually.
The firmware update Ver.3.01 from Ver.3.00 incorporates the following issue:
- 1. The phenomenon is fixed that a movie could not be recorded properly in some cases.
The firmware update Ver.3.00 from Ver.2.05 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Improvement of AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
- The updated algorithm will enable AF speed to become faster with the following XF lenses:
- XF14mmF2.8 R
- XF18mmF2 R
- XF35mmF1.4 R
- XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS.
- To enjoy this improvement, firmware upgrade of those XF lenses are also required.
- 2. "Focus Peak Highlight" function for manual focusing is added.
- The function, which features on FUJIFILM X100S and X20, is added and assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
* With this update, "Focus Peak Highlight" function is selected as a default setting. Pressing the center of the command dial for a while enables you to switch the setting of "Focus Peak Highlight" and "STANDARD" (off of "Focus Peak Highlight"). And "MF ASSIST" is added in SHOOTING MENU where you can select "HIGH" and "LOW" in "Focus Peak Highlight" and "STANDARD".
- 3. Improvement of the method to switch magnification during manual focusing.
- Press the "Command dial" to activate image magnification during manual focusing and then turning the dial in either right or left direction will enable you to alternate the magnification of 3 times and 10 times.
- 4. Improvement of focus accuracy in various scenes.
- The focus detection algorithm is improved to provide more accurate focus for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.
The firmware update Ver.2.05 from Ver.2.04 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Operability is improved to change settings easier and quicker by "single-hand".
- (1)"Focus Frame Selection" option is added to "Fn" (function) button.
- (2)One more "Fn" function (No.2) is added to the down key of the "Selector".
- In the "Fn BUTTON" on the SHOOTING MENU, selection of "Fn BUTTON" or "▼SELECTOR" is added. The default setting of the added Fn function (No.2) is "Focus Frame Selection".
- 2. Function to enable "Command dial" to control aperture setting for XF / XC lens without an aperture ring is
This function is for the XF27mmF2.8 and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS which don't have an aperture ring. On the Shooting Mode, "APERTURE SETTING" is added and one of "AUTO+MANUAL", "AUTO" and "MANUAL" can be selected.
For detail of how to operate, please refer to the operation manual "Before Using This Product" bundled with above lenses.
- The "APERTURE SETTING" will be newly appeared, but it is not selectable unless either XF27mmF2.8 or XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS is attached to a camera.
The firmware update Ver.2.04 from Ver.2.03 incorporates the following issue:
- 1.AF speed is improved when used with XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS.
The firmware update Ver.2.03 from Ver.2.01 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Adding the compatibility with "XF14mmF2.8R".
You will get the full performance of "XF14mmF2.8R", including Manual Focus function.
- 2. Improvement in performance
- (1)Accuracy of auto focus performance has been much improved under a various shooting condition.
Shooting with XF35mm lens, Shooting for the target with relatively high frequency, One-push AF by pressing AE-L / AF-L button,
- To enable more accurate AF performance with XF35mm lens, please update the firmware of your Fujinon XF35mm lens at the same time. Firmware version must be Ver.2.02 or later.
- (2)Improvement of unexpected pixels recorded in the top far-left taken with XF18-55mm Lens under the condition of middle range focal length.
The firmware update Ver.2.01 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Adding the compatibility with "XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R".
- *You will get the full performance with the new zoom lens "XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R".
- *Size of the bright frame displayed on OVF can be magnified in relation to zooming motion of XF18-55mm lens.
- 2. The phenomena below will be fixed.
- (1)When using the focus checking function with "3-time" magnification in manual focus mode, you could find a few dots (black or color) only in live view image on EVF / LCD.
(Please be sure even with the firmware version 2.00, these unwanted dots are not recorded in the image data.)
- (2)The auto focus accuracy with XF60mm Lens could not be enough.
- (3)When using the M- Mount Adapter, under exposure could occur.
- 1. To enable those features, please confirm the firmware version of your Fujinon XF lenses (XF18mmF2 R / XF35mmF1.4 R / XF60mmF2.4 R Macro) is Ver 2.01 or later.
- 2. The firmware version of XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS must be confirmed as Ver.1.01 or later.
Cf. For confirming firmware version of the lens, please access the following page to find appropriate procedure.
- 3. Please confirm the firmware version of X-Pro1 is Ver.2.00 or later, when firmware update of these XF lenses are required.
- 4. Please remove the XF lens from the camera body before updating the camera body.
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issues:
To enable those features, please update the firmware of your Fujinon XF lenses into Ver.2.00 at the same time.
- 1. Improvement of Auto Focus Performance
- (1)Auto focusing speed has become much faster under a various shooting condition such as dark scenes, bright scenes and so on.
- (2)The shortest focusing distance without switching to macro mode has become shorter.
- 2. Improvement of Manual Focus Performance
- (1)The speed of images coming into focus when turning the focus ring has become faster.
- (2)When adjusting the focus with the EVF or the LCD, displaying live view with the minimum depth of field in full aperture has made it easier to focus on subjects.
- (3)In addition to the focus checking with the 10-time magnification function, the checking with "3-time" magnification function has been added.
- 3. Improvement of Writing and Processing Speed
- 4. Other improvements
- (1)The ISO setting of "Auto (6400)" has been added.
- (2)When EVF or OVF is used, the indicator lamp will turn off because the lamp comes to just in front of your right eye if you see the finder with your left eye.
- (3)When shooting in low light situation, a recorded image will look like more natural atmosphere you saw.
The firmware update Ver.1.11 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issue:
- 1. When FUJIFILM M-mount adapter is set to the camera body and the correction menu of "COLOR SHADING CORRECTION" or "PERIPHERAL ILLUMINATION CORRECTION" for the mount adapter is operated, corrected live image can be displayed on EVF/LCD for setting appropriate value with ease.
For operation of M mount adapter effectively, please check and download PDF file at the following URL.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. New function for "FUJIFILM M mount adapter" is added to the shooting menu.
- 2. The MENU name "FOCAL LENGTH SETTING" is changed into "MOUNT ADAPTER SETTING", and new correction menu is added.
COLOR SHADING CORRECTION
PERIPHERAL ILLUMINATION CORRECTION
- 3. Even if "LENS 5" or "LENS 6" (adjustable focal length) is set, the Bright Frame can be displayed on OVF in accordance with focal length.
(Recommended lens focal length for OVF to check the Bright Frame: from 18mm to 60mm)
- 4. In MF (manual focus) mode, sharpness of live image at 10x magnified operation (by pressing the command dial) is set to high and focusing point can be much easily confirmed.
- 5. When FUJIFILM M mount adapter is connected to the camera body, the following issues are effective.
- (1)By pressing the function button of M mount adapter", "MOUNT ADAPTER SETTING" menu is displayed quickly.
- (2)"SHOOT WITHOUT LENS" is automatically set to "ON"
- (3)"Distance indicator (Manual focus indicator)" in "Standard display" mode on EVF/OVF is automatically set to "OFF"
- (4)3 types of correction menu (DISTORTION / COLOR SHADING / PERIPHERAL ILLUMINATION) are activated.
The firmware update Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Reduction of chattering noise from iris of lenses in shooting mode.
- 2. Improvement of phenomenon that parallax compensation does not work under condition of manual focus with OVF bright frame mode.
- 3. Improvement of phenomenon that OVF quality as low visibility due to too bright OVF under the condition of power save mode during pressing the shutter button halfway.
- 4. Improvement of phenomenon that delete function does not work after viewing continues shooting mode images.
For activate above issues completely, firmware update for XF lens is also required.
Please update the firmware of XF lens.