Please read the followings and update the firmware.
- · Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the "Control" key and "F5" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the "Command" key and "R" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (FireFox), hold down the "Command", "Shift" and "R" keys at same time.
- · The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 2.00.
- * Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmwawre version.
- · Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don't use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issues:
For detail about functions marked with (*), refer to "X-Pro2 New Features Guide[Ver.2.00]".
X-Pro2 New Features Guide[Ver.2.00]
- 1. The NUMBER OF THE FOCUS POINT has incerased.(*)
The options available are 91 POINTS(7x13) and 325 POINTS(13x25) on the NUMBER OF THE FOCUS POINT of the AF/MF SETTING in the Shooting Menu.
- 2. Improvement of phase detection AF accuracy.
By employing the new AF algorithm used in the X-T2, the AF accuracy has been improved.
- 3. AF tracking function has been improved when CONTINUOUS L in the AF-C mode.
- 4. In AF-C mode, AE function will work while pressing the shutter button halfway.
- 5. AF tracking function works while CONTINUOUS shooting in the AF-C mode with the Electronic Shutter.
- 6. AF tracking function works while CONTINUOUS H shooting in the AF-C mode instead of zone AF.
- 7. STILL IMAGE(single frame shooting) is available when CONTINUOUS L in the AF-C mode.
- 8. The focus point of Eye Detection AF has been changed to the eye closer to the camera.
- 9. Compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.(*)
Additional functions like the multi-flash lighting, high-speed flash sync and so on can be used with the EF-X500.
Accordingly, the FLASH SETTING and the Shooting Menu is dramatically changed.
- 10. The items that can be assigned to the Quick Menu have changed.(*)
FLASH FUNCTION SETTINGS and FLASH COMPENSATION have been added due to the compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
- 11. The roles that can be assigned to the Function buttons have changed.(*)
FLASH FUNCTION SETTINGS, TTL-LOCK and MODELING FLASH have been added due to the compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
- 12. Addition of AUTO POWER SAVE.(*)
AUTO POWER SAVE option has been added to the POWER MANAGEMENT of the Setup Menu. Select ON to save the power consumption and make the battery life longer.
- 13. Addition of setting time in AUTO POWER OFF.(*)
15 SEC, 30 SEC and 1 MIN have been added to the AUTO POWER OFF of the POWER MANAGEMENT in the Setup Menu.
- 14. S.S OPERATION option has been added to BUTTON/DIAL SETTING in the Setup Menu.(*)
Select OFF to disable the shutter-speed fine-tuning using the command dials.
- 15. Change of the CORRECTED AF FRAME in the OVF.(*)
Specification of the CORRECTED AF FRAME of AF/MF SETTING in the Shooting Menu has been changed.
·OFF:The frame moves according to parallax to show the focus point.
·ON:The CORRECTED AF FRAME in the OVF is fixed on the recommended value described in the Owner's manual. If the minimum focus range of the attached lens is greater than the recommended value, the frame is displayed on the position of the minimum focus range.
*Upgrade the firmware of the lenses after the firmware of the camera is upgraded.
- 16. The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases the magnification of the OVF doesn't switch appropriately when a lens is changed.
- 17. The bright frame movement in the OVF has become more smoothly while zooming in and out.
- 18. OIS function has been improved while using Electronic Shutter.
- 19. The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases frames of live view on a smartphone drop while using the application software "FUJIFILM Camera Remote".
- 20. The phenomenon is fixed that exposure sometimes doesn't change appropriately in Aperture Priority AE while using an M MOUNT ADAPTER.
Firmware update history(up to version 1.02)
Firmware update steps
Summary of firmware update steps
- 1. Check the firmware version.
- 2. Prepare a formatted memory card.
- 3. Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- 4. Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
Detail of firmware update steps
Please refer to the steps below about necessities and steps for firmware update.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- 4.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 5.Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- 6.Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.