Please read the followings and update the firmware.
- · Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the "Control" key and "F5" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the "Command" key and "R" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (FireFox), hold down the "Command", "Shift" and "R" keys at same time.
- · The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 2.00.
- * Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmware version.
- · Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don't use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.20 incorporates the following issues:
For detail about added and changed functions below, refer to "X-T2 owner's manual [Ver.2.00]".
- 1. Shooting RAW in Bracketing and Advanced Filters
The update enables you to use the RAW format when shooting not only in AE Bracketing but also in other Bracketing modes (ISO, Dynamic Range, White Balance, Film Simulations) and also in Advanced Filter modes.
- 2. Extended ISO 125 and 160 selectable
The update adds ISO125 and ISO160 to extended ISO levels available.
- 3. Programmable long exposure of up to 15 minutes
Long exposure in the T mode currently goes only up to 30 seconds. The update will allow users to extend it up to 15 minutes.
- 4. ON/OFF for 1/3-step shutter speed adjustment
The update allows you to turn off the Command Dial's function to adjust shutter speed by 1/3 steps in order to prevent unintended adjustments.
- 5. Full-range ISO adjustments with the Command Dial
With the update, set the ISO "A" position to "Command" to adjust ISO sensitivity across the full range, including extended ISOs, with the Front Command Dial.
- 6. "AUTO" setting added for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting
The update adds an AUTO option for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting, that allows the camera to automatically define the minimum shutter speed according to the focal length of the lens attached.
- 7. Faster "Face Detection AF"
The update enables the use of Phase Detection AF for faster performance in Face Detection AF.
- 8. Improved in-focus indication in the AF-C mode
The update reduces focus hunting in the AF-C mode, making it easier to track a subject.
- 9. Addition of a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF
The update adds a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF, bringing the total number of available sizes to six. The new smallest size facilitates pin-point focusing.
* This function used with tether shooting is available with "Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.5.0".
- 10. Addition of "Portrait / Landscape AF Mode Switching"
The update allows you to specify separate AF mode and AF point settings for portrait orientation and landscape orientation.
* This function used with tether shooting is available with "Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.5.0". If you are using Ver.1.4.0 or before, set STORE AF MODE BY ORIENTATION to OFF in AF/MF SETTING.
- 11. Change of focus frame position while enlarging it
The update allows you to move the position of focus frame while enlarging it in Single Point in the AF-S mode or in the Manual Focus.
- 12. Activation of the Eye Sensor in video recording
The update allows you to use the Eye Sensor during video recording to automatically switch between EVF and LCD.
- 13. Change of ISO sensitivity during video recording
The update allows you to change ISO setting during video recording.
- 14. Re-autofocusing in video recording
With the update, half-press the Shutter Release button or press the button assigned to "AF-ON" function during video recording to re-do autofocusing.
- 15. Display live histogram during video recording
The update allows you to display a live histogram during video recording.
- 16. Optimization of external microphone's input level
The update optimizes external microphone's input level (lower limit revised from -12dB to 20dB) to reduce white noise when an external microphone with preamp is connected.
- 17. Addition of "Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display" in the View Mode
The update gives the "Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display" option in the View Mode that allows you to shoot through the viewfinder and check images on the LCD, just as you would with an SLR.
- 18. Constant "Dual display mode"
With the update, the small window in the Dual mode stays on even when you half-press the shutter release button.
- 19. Automatic vertical GUI for LCD
With the update, when you hold the camera in the portrait orientation, the camera will automatically display the GUI on the LCD in the same orientation.
- 20. Name Custom Settings
The update allows you to assign a specific name to Custom Settings 1 - 7.
[How to set]
IMAGE QUALITY SETTING>EDIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING>CUSTOM1-7>EDIT CUSTOM NAME
- 21. Copyright information in EXIF data
The update allows you to register the photographer's name and the copyright holder's name in advance so that the camera automatically adds the information to EXIF data for each image.
[How to set]
SET UP>SAVE DATA SET-UP>COPYRIGHT INFO
- 22. Voice Memo function
The update enable you to record 30-second "Voice Memo" clips in the Playback mode.
[How to set]
PLAY BACK MENU>VOICE MEMO SETTING>ON
* When recorded images are displayed, press the front command dial for a while to start memo recording. When you remove your finger from the dial, it stops.
- 23. Extended AE Bracketing
The update extends AE Bracketing from the current 3 frames +/-2EV to up to 9 frames +/-3EV.
- 24. Addition of "Shoot Without Card" mode
With the update, you can have the "Shoot Without Card" mode turned OFF so that the camera cannot shoot when there is no SD card inserted.
[How to set]
SET UP>BUTTON/DIAL SET
Firmware update history(up to version 1.20)
Firmware update steps
Summary of firmware update steps
- 1. Check the firmware version.
- 2. Prepare a formatted memory card.
- 3. Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- 4. Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
Detail of firmware update steps
Please refer to the steps below about necessities and steps for firmware update.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 4.Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- 5.Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.