Only the user who has CD-ROM "Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5" can use this updater.
This updater updates Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 for Windows® to its latest version.
- To use the software, you need a Windows PC installed with "Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 Ver.1.1 or Ver.1.2"
- The firmware of "FUJIFILM X-T1 / X-T2" needs to be upgraded to version 4.30 (X-T1) / version 1.10 (X-T2) or newer.
||Windows 10 (x86/x64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (x86/x64)
Windows 7 SP1 (x86/x64)
||Core2 DUO or better
||2GB or more
- * Other versions of Windows are not supported. Only pre-installed operating systems are supported; operation is not guaranteed on home-built PCs or PCs that have been upgraded from earlier versions of Windows.
Detail of the update
The software update Ver.1.3 from Ver.1.2 incorporates the following issues:
- 1 FUJIFILM X-T2 (firmware version 1.10 or later) is supported in USB tether shooting function.
* Before connecting X-T2 to the PC, set "PC SHOOT MODE" of "CONNECTION SETTING" in SETUP menu to "USB AUTO".
The features of HS-V5 with X-T1 and with X-T2 are different.
Please refer the document below in detail.
[Quick Start Guide Errata] *Description in the [ ] is for menu name of X-T2
USB MODE/[PC SHOOT MODE]
The available modes are described below (the options availability may differ depending on the camera).
Select MTP(PTP)/ [OFF] or PC SHOOT AUTO/[USB AUTO] when not using HS-V5.
- ・ MTP(PTP) / [OFF] : Select this option (the default setting) to copy pictures on the memory card in the camera to the PC when connecting a USB cable.
- ・ PC SHOOT AUTO /[USB AUTO]: Tethered shooting mode is selected automatically when the camera is connected to a computer via USB. Pictures taken using tethered shooting are saved to the computer at the default setting of HS-V5.* When the camera is not connected, the camera operates in s stand-alone mode, and taken pictures are saved to camera's memory card.
- ・ PC SHOOT FIXED /[USB FIXED] : The camera operates in tethered shooting mode, regardless of the USB cable connection. Pictures taken while the camera is connected and tethered shooting is activated; at default settings, HS-V5 does not leave a copy on the camera memory card.*
The software update Ver.1.2 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. On PC shooting, image data stored both to PC and SD card can have the same file name.
In case "IMAGE QUALITY" is set to "FINE+RAW" or "NORMAL+RAW" and the destinations to store (PC or SD card) for each of JPEG data and RAW data are divided, each data can have the same name except for file extension.
[How to set]
Click setting button on upper right of the window and select "Save File Name" > "Original filename".
*Initial setting of "Save File name" just after the upgrade is "Original filename".
*The firmware of "FUJIFILM X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition" needs to be upgraded to version 4.30 or later.
Addition of compatibility with firmware version 4.00 of X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.
This update enables you to use the functions below.
- 1. Zone and Wide/Tracking modes with 77 autofocus points can be used in addition to the current 49-single-point autofocus system.
Selection of the AF MODE in the AUTOFOCUS SETTING will become SINGLE POINT, ZONE and WIDE/TRACKING".
- 2. The Auto Macro function is added. You no longer have to press the Macro button to initiate a close-up shot.
This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button.
- 3. You can use the Exposure Compensation dial to make exposure adjustments while PC SHOOT mode in the Manual exposure mode with the ISO Auto setting.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("SOFTWARE"). By downloading SOFTWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download SOFTWARE.
Article 1. License
SOFTWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you bundled with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL SOFTWARE"). FUJI grants you a non-exclusive license to use SOFTWARE, provided that you have been granted by FUJI a valid license to use ORIGINAL SOFTWARE. Except as set forth herein, SOFTWARE is licensed to you subject to the terms of the license agreement as to ORIGINAL SOFTWARE. All copyrights and other proprietary rights to SOFTWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.