Fujifilm introduces the stylish “FUJIFILM X-A7” with newly-developed image sensor
September 12, 2019
- Equipped with AF capable of tracking a fast-moving subject and detecting face / eye at high speed and accuracy to capture every precious moment
- Producing high quality 4K video and sporting a large bright rear LCD monitor for excellent operability
1. Model name, color variations
Model name: FUJIFILM X-A7
Color variations: Silver / Camel / Mint Green / Dark Silver
2. Main features
(1) Newly-developed image sensor delivering premium image quality and outstanding AF performance
- The X-A7 features a newly-developed 24.24MP APS-C sensor. Combined with Fujifilm's unique color reproduction technology, accumulated over 80 years, the sensor produces vibrant colors in what Fujifilm calls “memory colors,” exactly as the users remember them to achieve photography of premium image quality.
- The quality of images taken at high ISO sensitivity has been improved over that of the current model*4 . The sensor delivers clear images with low noise even at the ultra-high sensitivity of ISO51200, which is particularly useful when shooting a fast-moving subject or in low light conditions.
- The sensor uses copper wiring to enable high-speed data readout, and features about 8.5 times more phase detection pixels than the current model*3 across the entire sensor surface to enhance AF speed and accuracy. This not only enhances AF tracking of a moving subject and Face / Eye detecting AF performance, but also allows users to attain fast and accurate autofocus even in low light.
- Increased data readout speed also significantly reduces the rolling shutter distortion*4 , often observed when shooting a fast-moving subject.
(2) A stylish camera body weighing just 320g and capable of shooting approx. 440 frames per charge
- The X-A7's stylish camera body weighs just 320g, which is about 41g lighter than the current model*3 . When combined with its kit lens, FUJINON Lens XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ, the weight comes to just 455g, offering great portability.
- Its energy-efficient design allows users to take approx. 440 frames*5 per charge. Users can take the camera out for travel or many hours to shoot snapshots of day-to-day scenes without caring about the remaining battery.
(3) Enhanced video recording functions
- The X-A7 reads data from all the pixels on the sensor and uses the ample information equivalent to 6K to produce 4K video.
- It is capable of recording smooth 4K/30fps video, twice the frame rate of the current model*3 , and can record at 60fps in full-HD and HD video modes.
- The camera records up to about 15 minutes of 4K video and up to about 30 minutes of full-HD and HD video continuously.
- This is the first X Series camera to feature the “Countdown Video” mode, in which the users can specify the duration of video to be filmed from the options of 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds.
- The HD High-Speed Video function records HD video at up to 4x frame rate to achieve smooth video even when replaying a fast-moving subject in slow motion.
(6) Reinforced connectivity and connection stability with smartphones and tablet devices
- With the use of the Bluetooth® Low Energy technology, the X-A7 can automatically transfer stills and videos to a pre-paired smartphone or tablet device via the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app for smartphones and tablet devices. The enhanced connectivity and connection stability enable easy and instant sharing of your favorite photos on social media.
- The X-A7 also supports wired*6 data communications with smartphones and tablet devices. The wired data communication can transfer data about 8 times faster than in the wireless, significantly reducing time required to send large data, e.g. video files, to your device.