Teiichi Goto, President & CEO of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Mona Neubaur, Deputy Prime Minister, North Rhine-Westphalia and Mayor Klaus Pesch, City of Ratingen, cut the ribbon to officially open new Headquarters for multi-technology company in Ratingen, Germany.
L to R: Mona Neubaur, Deputy Prime Minister, North Rhine-Westphalia, Teiichi Goto, President & CEO of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Toshihisa Iida, President and Managing Director, FUJIFILM Europe GmbH, Mayor Klaus Pesch, City of Ratingen - Photo: Ant Palmer
Today, FUJIFILM Europe GmbH (Fujifilm Europe) welcomed an esteemed group of Management, staff, politicians and partners to officially open its new strategic European Headquarters in the Schwarzbach Quartier development at Balcke-Dürr-Allee 6, in Ratingen, Germany.
The opening event, saw 100 guests including Teiichi Goto, President & CEO of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Mona Neubaur, Deputy Prime Minister, North Rhine-Westphalia and Mayor Klaus Pesch, City of Ratingen, come together to celebrate the development and transformation of Fujifilm Europe. This has been realised in the new 10,000m² office space, desinged over three floors, for 500 members of staff.
With delivering value from innovation at the heart of Fujifilm’s corporate philosophy and it’s Sustainable Value Plan 2030 (SVP2030), the four key strategic themes of ‘Work Style’, ‘Environment’, ‘Daily Life’ and ‘Health’, are brought to life in the new strategic European Headquarters. To further enhance Fujifilm’s appeal and presence to customers, partners and stakeholders, new experiential showrooms and demonstration areas have been created. Highlights include:
- Open Innovation Hub – The new Ratingen Open Innovation Hub will build upon existing Hub’s in Tokyo and Silicon Valley, and is a facility that allows outside partners to have first-hand experience of fundamental and core technologies that underlie excellent materials and products developed by Fujifilm, as well as fresh technologies, materials and products currently under development. Fujifilm Europe will use this facility to link existing and future business partners' challenges, ideas and potential needs with its proprietary technologies to create innovative products, technologies and services, seeking to initiate a tide of innovation.
- “One-stop Solution” Healthcare showroom – realising Fujifilm’s approach to being “a total healthcare company”, the new Headquarters demonstrates Fujifilm’s “One-stop Solution” of healthcare products. Technology featured includes Endoscopy, CT, Women’s Health, advanced home care and bed-side technologies, such as mobile devices – all with the ability to be enhanced by REiLi, Fujifilm’s Artifical Intelligence platform.
- “Total Print Solutions” showroom [opening Winter 2022] – A significant part of Fujifilm's global business is focused on printing for a very diverse range of applications. Whether its multifunction office printing solutions, or high-end print production systems for photo, commercial, sign & display and label & packaging applications, Fujifilm has developed leading technologies that power a wide range of high performance printers. Fujifilm is designing a completely new showroom within the new Ratingen facility under the banner "Total Print Solutions" that is set to open in Winter 2022 to showcase these printers and demonstrate how they can add value to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
The creation of the new LEED certified office [targeted at Gold standard] space provides a modern experience for employees and enhances cross-company collaboration and shared value creation, as well as environmentally-friendy enhancements for use of water, energy and heating, including:
- A new system for dispensing water for direct consumption, has elimanted the use of approximately 25,000 plastic bottles a year.
- Strengthening the hybrid working system, which has been estimated to reduce CO2 the footprint of daily commuting by at least 20%.
Fujifilm Europe’s new office is part of the Schwarzbach Quartier in Ratingen-Ost. The campus is an activity by InfraRed Capital Partners, an international investment manager for real estate and infrastructure projects, that has entrusted Cube Real Estate, as project developer.