Digital pathology is more than simple image viewing and evaluation. It is about streamlining case management by exploiting advances in image digitization and solution interoperability to ensure the accelerated return of patient results.
The content on this page is intended to healthcare professionals and equivalents.
With increased interest in digital pathology as a vehicle for reducing cancer case turnaround times, caused in part by a chronic shortage in histopathologists, the wholly complementary nature of Inspirata and Fujifilm’s respective technologies bridges a technical gap between pathology, radiology and oncology, facilitating a more joined-up and longitudinal approach to patient care.
With both organisations having proactively embraced an ‘open’ or ‘vendor-neutral’ approach to supporting their customers, the Fujifilm and Inspirata partnership is one borne out of a shared commitment to providing Healthcare trusts with the freedom and flexibility to utilise only the technologies that are suitable for them. Furthermore, digital pathology technology together with AI will be used by clinicians to help facilitate earlier and more definitive diagnosis of cancers, to improve patient outcomes and survival rates.
Is your lab open to accelerated diagnoses?
With significant expertise in medical imaging and proven experience of implementing large healthcare information technology projects, Fujifilm secured the rights to distribute Dynamyx™ by inspirata in the Europe.
Facilitating a complementary and consistent system of patient care by bridging a long-standing technical gap between pathology, radiology and oncology, both companies also embrace an open or vendor-neutral approach to supporting customers. This means individual European Healthcare System or Pathology Networks electing to license Dynamyx™ through Fujifilm are able to select the right combination of laboratory and diagnostic technologies for their enterprise.
Dynamyx™ represents the world’s only truly open, vendor-agnostic, end-to-end digital pathology solution.
- Utilize your preferred blend of laboratory and diagnostic technologies with a confidence of full compatibility.
- Draw on Dynamyx™ approved digital pathology partner program for productised integrations with leading ecosystem vendors.
- Reduce the overall cost of digitisation by maximizing the value of prior and future investments in adjacent technologies.
Whole Slide Image Scanning
Dynamyx™ integrates with the globe’s leading manufacturers of whole slide image (WSI) scanners empowering customers to arrive at their preferred blend of scanner technologies based on their most important use-cases, current and projected case throughput volumes, and laboratory workspace considerations.
Image Analysis Solutions
Dynamyx™ offer productised integrations, comprehensive software development kits (SDK) and an open API by which customers can utilise all relevant best-of-breed image analysis tools directly from within the Dynamyx™ workflow. While pre-packaged with a wealth of diagnostic aids and workflow algorithms as standard, the open architecture of Dynamyx™ mean the institution and laboratory possess the requisite foundation to take a pick-and-mix approach to adopting artificial intelligence.
Dynamyx™ affords a seamless bi-directional message exchange with the Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) and reporting system to ensure the pathologist has immediate access to all necessary results, notes and file attachments required to render and report their diagnosis.
From the surfacing of macro-images derived from the grossing room during slide preparation, through to the integration of the traditional microscope into the digital workflow via augmented reality, Dynamyx™ is able to integrate all relevant imaging solutions contributing to the timely and safe execution of histology case work.
Dynamyx™ delivers the essential case allocation, real-time collaboration and outsourcing functionality critical to reducing the time to diagnosis.
- Automate allocation of work based on case complexity, capacity and the specialism of the end pathologist.
- Manage potential throughput bottlenecks via improved workload visibility and intelligent workflows.
- Accelerate reporting of complex cases by accessing immediate second opinions.
- Scale output at peak or during times of crisis through remote-working and digital outsourcing.
Dynamyx™ provides the requisite framework for laboratories to both build and test their own image analysis tools, or easily deploy algorithms from dedicated vendors.
- Count and Measure Algorithms (i.e. IHC staining)
- Diagnostic Support Algorithms (i.e. mitotic event and malignancy detection)
- Prognostic Algorithms (i.e. risk of distant metastasis)
- Predictive Algorithms (i.e. benefit of specific therapy designs)
- Multi-Modal Fusion Algorithms (i.e. rad/path/mole combinations)
- Familiarization with just a single user-interface required for all steps in the reporting workflow.
- Expend more time on cases reflective of your domain expertise and specialism.
- Collaborate on cases in real-time for immediate second opinions, training and teaching.Access and work cases remotely.
- Build and test your own image analysis algorithms, or quickly introduce those from dedicated providers.
- Gain deeper insights into your patients’ cancers to help guide more personalized care.
- Maximize the value of both prior and future investments in adjacent technologies.
- Leverage individual and aggregate case throughput insights to manage backlogs and exploit capacity.
- Increase your bench of specialist clinicians through digital case outsourcing.
- Eliminate vendor lock-in. Images and data are not restricted by proprietary formats.
- Reduce costs and delays associated with the physical shipping of glass slides.
- Efficient management. Just the single number to call for delivery, installation and maintenance.
- Expert team with over a decade of digital pathology experience
- Successful engagements with 30+ hospitals and laboratories in North America and Europe
- Enabled the first-ever U.S. digitally-diagnosed cancer case
- Collaborated on the world’s largest single WSI repository comprised of 1.8M+ images and counting
- Awarded peer-reviewed R01 NCI grants for breast, lung, head, and neck cancers
- Start your journey by interacting with our “Money Tree” Infographic
- Watch our “Behind the Scenes” interview with Inspirata’s founder and EVP
- Check out the ROI calculator and many other presentations and opinion pieces