Notice for More Secure Use of Fax and Scan to Email Functions (DocuPrint CM315 z, DocuPrint CM318 z, DocuCentre SC2022)
April 27, 2018
May 8, 2018
To our customers,
We sincerely thank you for your continued support of our products.
We inform you, as follows, of what to note when entering a fax, broadcast fax, or scan to email destination with DocuPrint CM315 z, which were launched in September 2016, and DocuPrint CM318 z, which was launched in October 2016, and DocuCentre SC2022, which was launched in 2018.
When you send a fax from these devices by directly entering a fax number using the numeric keys, the fax number is retained even after transmission is complete. Note1
If you select a destination from the address book while the fax number is retained, the fax number of the destination you selected is combined and added to the fax number retained.Note2
The retained fax number and destination are cleared when you return to the Home screen.
If a fax number is already retained when you enter a destination, make sure to return to the Home screen with the Home button to clear the retained fax number before entering a destination, in order to avoid mistakenly sending a fax to the retained fax number. (See Transition to Home Screen)
When you send a broadcast fax or scan to email by selecting a destination from the address book, the destination is retained without being cleared even after transmission is complete.Note3 In this case also, just like the above, return to the Home screen with the Home button to clear the retained destination before entering a destination.
- Note1 Fax number is retained until you return to the Home screen to be registered in the address book or registered as a new application. (See Fax Address Registration)
- Note2 Chain Dialing: A function that combines a number entered with the numeric keys with a fax number assigned to a speed dial number. (See Chain Dialing)
- Note3 Broadcast fax destination and scan to email destination are retained until you return to the Home screen to be registered in the address book or registered as a new application. (See Fax Address Registration (Broadcast Fax) and Scan to Email Application Registration)
Transition to Home Screen
Press the Home button also if a fax number or destination is displayed when you send a broadcast fax or scan to email.
Fax Address Registration
Fax Address Registration (Broadcast Fax)
Scan to Email Application Registration
We will continue our companywide efforts to further improve and manage quality. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Contact Customer Support Centre, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
- Customer Support Centre, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
- Toll Free Number: 0120-27-4100
- 9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 17:00 except for Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays