Take the time and labor out of capturing and editing documents and preparing jobs for print.
Powerful job preparation capabilities make it easy.
Xerox® FreeFlow Makeready® Software is a robust tool for prepress environments that streamlines labor-intensive operations and helps you make short work of complex jobs.
Xerox® FreeFlow Makeready® Software allows you to efficiently and effectively prepare documents in almost any industry-standard file type and produce crisp, clean, and formatted prints. Its ability to help you quickly and easily edit and update files, as well as add security features and other elements-all while saving time, effort, and money in a streamlined workflow - makes FreeFlow Makeready® Software indispensable to your operation.
With "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) page programming, drag-and-drop document assembly, and late-stage editing features, FreeFlow Makeready® Software helps you prepare even the most complex documents for digital printing easily and efficiently-and preview the result before you even print a page.
FreeFlow Makeready® Software lets you combine electronic and paper documents to create a unique file and print stream. You can also scan directly from your production press or multifunction device which is supported by Xerox® FreeFlow Makeready®.
Create complex documents with ease.
Boost productivity with quick, easy, and accurate editing
With drag-and-drop functionality, FreeFlow Makeready® Software offers document-editing capabilities that save time, such as automatic tabs with tab annotation, simple personalization, and added document security with Specialty Imaging Text effects. It provides your operators with the tools they need to tackle every job, from the simple to the most complex.
- [A] Accept a wide range of industry-standard file types, including Adobe® PostScript®, PDF, EPS, TIFF, JPEG, and more. Achieve real productivity in a true PDF workflow with extensive document editing and production make-ready tools. Advanced tools support mixed page sizes and stocks, and honor original PDF properties.
- [B] See the effects of your job setup before you print. FreeFlow Makeready® Software packages document prepress activities into one simple, intuitive WYSIWYG interface to help reduce errors, save time, streamline processes, simplify proofing, and make job programming easy.
- [C] Create tabs easily with automatic tab annotation. Productivity and accuracy greatly increase as tab-programming processes are nearly eliminated.
- [D] See your job changes reflected automatically in the job ticket. Once you've dragged and dropped pages, updated tabs, and completed all of your job manipulations, FreeFlow Makeready® Software will automatically configure the job ticket to match your latest changes-saving precious time when you're ready to print.
Do more with ease
- Add basic variable content and value to your documents with the easy-to-use merge and labeling utility. Boost profits with high-value, personalised, and versioned documents that you can create with ease.
- Add more security to your documents while providing increased creativity using Specialty Imaging Text effects, including:
- Correlation Mark: requires a "decoder" transparency to view
- MicroText Mark: can only be seen with magnification; blurs when reproduced
- Fluorescent Mark: Can only be seen under a UV or black light
- Edit your print jobs more easily. You can delete, move, and duplicate document pages, add blank pages, or even combine scanned and electronic pages.
- Edit PDF pages. Add watermarks, page numbers, headers, and footers. You can also edit images within a PDF page-including enhancements such as sharpening, rotating, and cropping.
Unlimited connected scan input options
FreeFlow Makeready® Software is compatible with select TWAIN-compliant. With TWAIN scanning, you get consistent quality and reliable inputs using the included TWAIN driver developed specifically for FreeFlow Makeready® Software-unlike other prepress solutions that use third-party drivers. You can even automatically retrieve processed jobs from the print server or import existing Adobe® PDF files.
Now even more powerful with Remote Scan technology
Remote Scan allows you to use FreeFlow Makeready® Software with production press onboard scanners and multifunction devices from Xerox to generate scanned input for production jobs. If your print engine has an embedded scanner, you can bring jobs back into FreeFlow Makeready® Software or retrieve them from the print server. This eliminates the need for a standalone scanning device on the print production floor, and makes it easy for you to create and produce many kinds of jobs-from course packs to complex training manuals and more.
Remote scanning from production or office devices from Xerox with onboard scanners using Windows options, gives you more choice and control over scanned content.
FreeFlow Makeready® Software allows you to easily work in a PDF workflow, without any third-party tools. You do create an RDO file with Makeready®, but you can still easily output to PDF. Makeready® doesn't require you to add any additional capabilities.
Document editing with ease
The FreeFlow Makeready® Software WYSIWYG interface lets you preview PDFs on-screen before printing. With integrated Adobe® image-editing capabilities, you can quickly and easily handle late-stage edit requests. Prepress features such as "Electronic Light Table" ensure page-to-page and front-to-back registration accuracy-saving time and preventing costly printing errors.
Plus, you can easily combine physical and electronic documents; add, delete, or move and rotate pages; and add tabs and tab annotations, including automated tab creation using the bookmarks already embedded in your PDF.
Wide selection of printers. One consistent workflow. FreeFlow Makeready® Software supports windows printing and enables WYSIWYG print submission to supported Printers, featuring the widest selection in the industry. You can even save job tickets to unify job submission for all of your supported Printers, simplifying your reprint processes.
Xerox FreeFlow Makeready Brochure
- File Size:
- 1.28 MB
- Document Type:
- Portable Document Format