Smart Remote Services is an umbrella term that covers all tools and services related to your Fujifilm device and its automated communication to our systems.
The two most commonly known Smart Remote Service functions are automated meter readings and automated consumable ordering, but it also extends out to cover predictive service call logging.
- When a consumable on your Fujifilm device gets to a level of 15% remaining, the UI (‘User Interface’ or screen) will display a message of “Toner Low, Replace Soon”. As soon as this message displays, your device will send a notification to our system letting us know you need more consumables.
- From here, our system automatically generates an email to send to your internal Consumable Contact listed for that device. This email serves to acknowledge our receipt of the request, that a future order will be arranged, but most importantly, if you don't already have a spare item on-site it's an opportunity to order one in. Auto-Ordering works on the basis of replenishing spares; it is not intended to be a just-in-time delivery only replacing what is currently in the device.
- When our system is alerted to the requirement of an item, it gets placed into a holding queue. Our system will then proceed to check your devices AMPV (Average Monthly Print Volume) for the previous 3 months. From here, the system determines the date the remaining 15% will be used up by, and assigns the consumable a shipping window of 28 days based on that AMPV calculation. The reason for the 28 day shipping window is to allow for consolidation of any other consumables that the device or any other device at your location may request.
- When the shipping date arrives the items are automatically delivered to the address of the Consumable Contact rather than the machine itself.
The items defined below are all free tools for FUJIFILM Business Innovation customers.
Fujifilm Business Innovation
EP-BB, or Electronic Partnership Broadband, is built into the firmware of your Multifunction Device (MFD). EP-BB is a communication process between your device and our FUJIFILM Business Innovation servers, sharing Meter Readings and Consumable Alerts for a hassle-free device management process.
MPS Monitor is an integrated software tool which automates Meter Readings and Consumable Ordering for smaller printers that do not have SNMP capabilities. A special connector is loaded onto your network, which pulls the required data from your FUJIFILM Business Innovation device and sends it through to our servers.
Secured Device Tool, or SDT, is a FUJIFILM Business Innovation software for EP-BB compatible devices. The software serves as a proxy and is designed for businesses with high security network setups.
SDT's primary use is when a business has multiple EP-BB capable devices. Rather than each device sending an individual stream of communication to our servers, SDT can be loaded onto your network to have all the devices send data to one location, and then forwards it on to us in a single stream of communication.
Remote Device Health Check, or RDHC, is a FUJIFILM Business Innovation backend process for EP-BB compatible devices, which generates automated service calls if something faults on the device.
When EP-BB is enabled on a device, the data that is sent to our Fujifilm servers also contains error alerts and other key information about the health of your device. From these alerts and status updates, our backend systems can identify and determine possible future issues or requirements. If necessary this will automatically create a service call to have the issues resolved.
When an RDHC generated service call reaches us, our technical team will determine if the issue can be solved remotely. If so, they will liaise with your designated service contact to assist with resolving the issue. If the issue is not able to be solved remotely, our team willsend an engineer to solve the problem.
RDHC is only enabled on your device if it is requested prior to install; this is to ensure that the service contact data is set up correctly for each device.
Device Compatibility Checker
Smart Remote Services Compatibility Breakdown
- File Size:
- 90.05 KB
- Document Type:
- Portable Document Format
RDHC Request Form
If you would like Remote Device Health Check enabled on your device, please check compatibility above and then get in touch with our Technical Team.
- For individual devices complete the form below.
- For multiple devices download our request form and send it through to our Technical Team.
EP-BB and RDHC do not require any additional software to be loaded on your network.
MPS Monitor & SDT will require a piece of software to be loaded on your server/network.
EP-BB and MPS Monitor will require network access and an internet connection. You will need to inform your FUJIFILM Business Innovation Sales Representative when the network information of your devices has changed or if your device has been moved. For example, you may have moved offices, or reconfigured your network settings.
We will also need to be notified if the consumable contact person for a device changes, so that we ensure consumables are shipped to the correct location.
Need to get in touch? Send us an email here.
Each MFD contains a “Location” field, to which you can add any information you like (Printer Number, Floor Location etc). This text will be displayed in email notifications and consumable delivery dockets.
If the device was initially setup with you (and your email) as the consumable contact, the first suggestion is to check your Spam folder.
EP Security Whitepaper_FX
- File Size:
- 249.14 KB
- Document Type:
- Portable Document Format