Fujifilm India Debuts in Projector market with Z5000- World’s First Folded Two-Axial Rotatable Lens
January 23, 2020
- Enables omnidirectional image projection without moving the main projector unit by leveraging Fujifilm's cutting-edge optical technology
- Reduces distortion and aberration edge-to-edge for stable projection of bright and vivid images
- Ideal for installations in compact areas and can project powerful images on a massive 100-inch screen from a close-up distance of 75cm
New Delhi: Fujifilm India Private Limited, a pioneer in imaging technologies, today announced its debut in projector industry with the launch of its Fujifilm Projector Z5000 - an ultra-short throw projector equipped with the world's first* “folded two-axial rotatable lens” to enable omnidirectional image projection without moving the main projector unit. FP-Z5000 - makes the impossible possible with world’s first six direction projection with a total of 22 pattern variations. The lens can face up, down, front, rear, left and right to project images in various directions without having to move the main unit.
The Projector is developed with Fujifilm’s cutting-edge optical technology, nurtured through the development of FUJINON lens. The unit projects images not only on a wall or screen but also on the ceiling and floor, and can easily switch between vertical and horizontal display. The Ultra Short Throw, with wide lens shift and rotatable lens makes it a best fit for places where a conventional projector could not be placed due to severe space constraints, and throw powerful images in directions that other projectors cannot handle.
An ideal choice for large-scale digital signage at retail stores or spatial design projection at art galleries and museums, where installation space is limited, or for image projection onto ceilings or floor to make effective use of available space. The use of Fujifilm’s ultra-short throw lens makes it even possible to project images on a 100-inch screen from the close-up distance of just 75cm. By tapping into its advanced optical design technology, accumulated through the development of these types of optical devices, Fujifilm has developed an innovative projector that meets the current market needs.
Speaking about the launch, Mr. Haruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt Ltd. said, “FP-Z5000 marks our entry into projector market. We are committed towards bringing the best of global technology to the country. Its omnidirectional image projection and ultra-short throw lens makes it an ideal choice for anyone looking for a projector solution. As an imaging solution company, we are excited to expand our businesses and enter the projector market. Being one of the leading player in medical imaging and camera industry, with this launch we want to revolutionise the projector industry in India and across the globe.”
Elaborating about the product, Hiroki Yokomizo, Marketing Advisor Electronic Imaging and Optical Devices, said, “The launch of Z5000 projector with World’s First Two-Axial Rotatable Lens sets a new benchmark of innovation in venue projection market. We look forward to delivering a truly immersive experience to our consumers and help them witness the high performance and Fujifilm's cutting-edge optical technology. The Z5000 is capable of projecting powerful images on a massive 100-inch screen from a close-up distance of 75cm. With the launch of this projector, we want users to expand their existing boundaries of visual experiences.”
FUJINON lenses are used in some of the most advanced technology currently in the market including 4K/8K compatible broadcast lenses, high-performance cine lenses and interchangeable lenses for mirrorless digital cameras. The class-leading Lens Shift function of up to 82% vertically and 35% horizontally makes it easy to adjust the position of projected images across a wide range. The FP-Z5000 uses large-diameter spherical and aspherical lens elements, based on Fujifilm's advanced know-how in optical design, and a laser light source with outstanding durability. This reduces distortion and aberration edge-to-edge for stable projection of bright and vivid images.
Fujifilm has been working on research and development, manufacturing and marketing of industrial optical devices including optical components of office equipment and projectors, in addition to a wide range of broadcast lenses and cine lenses. Fujifilm will strive to achieve further business growth by continuing to develop innovative products that meet diverse market needs.
1.Equipped with the folded two-axial rotatable lens
- The FP-Z5000 features a folded two-axial rotatable lens, developed with cutting-edge optical technology nurtured through the development of FUJINON lens, adding a capability of directing the lens up, down, front, rear, left and right to project images in various directions without having to move the main unit. This means it can project images not only on a wall or screen but also on the ceiling and floor.
- You can switch the orientation of projected images between portrait and landscape by simply rotating the lens, enabling powerful “Portrait Projection.”
2.Projecting images on a 100-inch screen from the close-up distance of just 75cm
- The use of an ultra-short throw lens makes it possible to project images on a massive 100-inch screen from a close-up distance of just 75cm. This significantly reduces the amount of space required between the projector unit and the screen, enabling maximum spatial use
3.Lens Shift function of up to 82% vertically and 35% horizontally
- The FP-Z5000 takes advantage of a large image circle of its large-diameter lens to offer the Lens Shift function of up to 82% vertically and 35% horizontally, making it possible to adjust the position of projected images across a wide range without having to move the projector's main unit or change the lens's direction.
4.Reducing distortion and aberration edge-to-edge for stable projection of bright and vivid images
- The FP-Z5000 uses large-diameter spherical and aspherical lens elements, based on Fujifilm's advanced know-how in optical design, to minimize image distortion typically seen at edges in short-throw lenses as well as aberration that often arises while shifting the lens. It achieves stunning image projection.
- T he use of a highly-durable laser light source enables stable image projection at high luminosity of 5000lm and reduces workload and costs associated with maintenance.
5.Excellent ease of use with the smallest body in its class
- The FP-Z5000 supports both vertical*4 and horizontal positioning, allowing you to choose how it should be installed according to users' environment.
- The projector comes in a compact body measuring just 108mm thick, the thinnest in its class**. Its design approach allows the lens and the main projector unit to fold into a box shape for added portability.
- It has beautifully rounded corners for a stylish appearance, achieved in Fujifilm's pursuit for design sophistication.
- *4The vertical installation requires the use of a stand (included) to prevent the projector from tipping over.
|DLP chip||Size||0.65-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio|
|Display method||Single Chip DLP|
|Resolution||2,073,600 pixels (1920 x 1080)|
|Lens||Type||Folded two-axial rotatable lens|
|Lens Shift||Electrical: V±82% H±35%|
|Zoom||Electrical: x1.0 - x1.1|
|0.34 (Wide) - 0.37 (Telephoto)|
|Focal length||f=5.0mm (Wide) - 5.5mm (Telephoto)|
|F number||F2.4 (Wide) - F2.49 (Telephoto)|
|Light source||Laser diode|
|Projected image size||70 - 300 inches, approx. 0.5m - 2.3m|
|Audio output||10W x 1|
|Scanning frequency||Horizontal||10K - 102KHz|
|Vertical||23K - 120Hz|
|Maximum display resolution (W x H)||1920 x 1080|
|I/O terminals||HDMI||3 terminals|
|USB (DC5V output)||1 terminal Type A|
|Usage environment||Operating temperature||0 - 40℃ (without condensation)|
|Storage temperature||-10 - 50℃ (without condensation)|
|Power supply||AC100V - 240V 50/60Hz|
|Maximum power consumption||700W|
|Power consumption (on standby)
|Dimensions||470mm (W) x 375mm (D) x 108mm (H)
(when the lens is folded in, excluding protrusions)
|Accessories included||Remote control, 2 AAA batteries, lens cap
HDMI cable (1.8m), power supply cable (3.0m)
2 vertical installation stands, simplified user manual
- *5“TR (Throw Ratio)” represents the ratio between the screen's width and projection distance
Price of the product will be shared on request
About Fujifilm Private Limited.
Fujifilm established in 1934 has believed in Innovation and creation of new values through leading edge and proprietary technologies. FUJIFILM India as a firm believer in sophistication continues to work hard to provide the Indian consumer the best products and services.
Our corporate slogan is “Value from Innovation.”
Along with expressing Fujifilm's commitment to continuously creating innovative technologies, products and services that empower the potential and expand the horizons of tomorrow's businesses and lifestyles, the slogan also encapsulates the company's desire to combine our own original technology with human resources, expertise and technology from around the world both internally and externally to create innovation. A new brand statement has also been created to articulate these commitments more specifically, and the slogan encapsulates the main points of the brand statement.
Our Goal is to be a company that is able to resolve a diverse variety of the problems that face society, contribute to the world through the continuous creation of value – added products and services, and achieve sustainable growth through constant innovation. That was the commitment we made to the world when we launched our new corporate slogan “Value from Innovation”. We quickly ascertain customer needs, and communicate these clearly and accurately to those involved in product development. Instant camera – instax is successful example of this in Photo Imaging business, which was developed after accurately assessing market demands and with all related business divisions working together throughout the entire process from production to sales on a worldwide scale.
Media contact :
PR and Media Relations - Fujifilm India Pvt. Ltd.