Fujifilm launches its new Mirrorless digital camera ‘FUJIFILM X-T30’ in India
March 18, 2019
* Only available when using the electronic shutter. The camera offers fast and silent continuous shooting of up to 30fps in a cropped frame equivalent to 16.6MP.
** X-Trans™ is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation. With the use of a proprietary highly aperiodic color filter array, the sensor minimizes moiré effects and false colors without the use of an optical low-pass filter. *** Capable of recording smooth 4K video at 30fps
Ideal for camera enthusiasts, the camera is convenient to use, easy-to-carry, delivers greater speed and accuracy and is capable of producing greater image quality in stills and videos. This camera can also be paired with a smart device via Bluetooth enabling which automatically transfers pictures and videos.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Haruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt. Ltd. said,“The camera industry in India is dynamic and we have witnessed a significant consumption of 4K cameras from the professional segment. Catering to the consumption patterns of the photographers, X-T30, not only offers a novel photography experience to the end users, but also brings the imaging industry to new heights in terms of product design. We’ve also brought an intelligent sensor and a swift image processing engine into this compact and lightweight body to achieve ultimate image quality. With this new addition in our X series, we aim to facilitate our users with a product which will help them expand the horizon of their photographic capabilities.”
With the new X-T30 added to the current X and GFX range of mirrorless cameras, the company aims to strengthen its foothold in the Mirrorless Segment and plans to achieve 30% Share in the Indian Mirrorless Market in the next 3-4 Years.
[X-T30's main features]
1. Compact camera body that weighs just 383g and is equipped with the X Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor and high-speed X Processor 4 image processing engine to deliver ultimate image quality and versatile photographic expressions
- The X-T30's compact camera body that weighs just 383g features the X-Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor (APS-C, no low pass filter) and high-speed X-Processor 4 image processing engine. Together, they deliver the class-leading 26.1MP resolution for digital cameras with an APS-C-size sensor, and achieve excellent noise-reduction performance. Furthermore, the sensitivity of ISO160, previously*4 available only as extended ISO, is now part of the normal ISO range. This is particularly useful when shooting in bright daylight outdoors or trying to achieve beautiful bokeh with a fast large-aperture lens.
- The “Film Simulation” provides versatile color expressions with Fujifilm's proprietary technology, now has the new “ETERNA mode”. This camera also offers “monochrome adjustments” for Film Simulation's “ACROS” and “Monochrome” modes to achieve warm black and cool black.
- The “Color Chrome Effect” produces deeper colors and gradation to broaden diversity in your photographic expressions.
- *4When compared to the X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor
2. Highly accurate AF performance across the entire frame and fast / silent continuous shooting capability of up to 30fps to capture a decisive moment in a wide range of situations
- The X-Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor has 2.16 million phase detection pixels, about 4 times that of previous models*4, to expand the highly-accurate phase detection AF area to the entire frame (approximately 100%). When using the electronic shutter, the camera can deliver fast and silent continuous shooting of up to 30fps in a cropped frame equivalent to 16.6MP (1.25x crop). This means even a fast-moving subject, positioned away from the center of the frame, can be autofocused at an amazing speed and accuracy, ensuring that you will not miss a decisive shutter moment.
- The X-Processor 4's high processing speed and improved AF algorithm has boosted the camera's capability to accurately detect human faces and eyes. The “Face Select function” has been also introduced to provide priority auto-focus on the face of a selected subject when multiple faces have been detected within a frame. The low-light limit for phase detection AF has been extended from +0.5EV on previous models*5 to -3EV, making on-screen phase detection AF available in very poor lighting such as at night or under a light source of limited luminosity, such as candlelight.
- Evolved functionality of the “Advanced SR Auto mode” can be activated instantaneously with the use of the “Auto Mode Selector lever”, positioned on the camera body's top panel. The camera automatically chooses the optimum shooting settings for a given scene out of 58 presets so that you can achieve the best image quality without having to worry about settings yourself.
- *5When compared to the X-T20
3. Newly-redesigned grip shape and the inclusion of the “Focus Lever” for outstanding operability
- The X-T30 inherits popular exterior design features of the X-T20, while adopting a new grip design that makes the camera body sit comfortably in your hand. It also has the “Focus Lever”, replacing the “Selector Button”, to afford extra grip space at the rear. These design enhancements have created added hand-holding stability despite the camera's compact and lightweight body, even when it is mounted with a large lens such as a telephoto zoom.
- The rear LCD monitor uses a touchscreen panel display 1.3mm thinner than that on the X-T20. Its improved touchscreen response enables faster and more intuitive camera operations.
- The X-T30 is available in the popular Black version the Silver version for a premium look with greater sheen, and the Charcoal Silver version*6, all representing a sense of high quality and robustness.
- *6Will be in store later than the Black and Silver version
4. Extensive video functions that meet the needs of full-scale video production
- The X-T30's new video features include the capability to record with high-resolution audio and track human eyes even during video recording. Smooth 4K/30P video can be recorded at 8bit 4:2:0 on an SD card, and also output to external storage media via the HDMI port at 10bit 4:2:2 to include more color information. The camera is also capable of F-log recording, which captures footage in wider gamut for later editing of color tones and luminosity. These extensive video functions cater to the needs of full-scale video production.
- Video data, greater than what is required for 6K video, is scaled down to 4K to achieve advanced sharpness with minimal moiré. The camera supports recording in the DCI format (17:9 aspect ratio), used in digital cinemas, for dynamic video footage in high resolution.
- The X-T30 can apply “Film Simulation mode”, popular for stills, while recording video, so that you can enjoy a diverse range of unique effects, including the “ETERNA” for rich color grading.
Go to https://fujifilm-x.com/x-t30/ for detailed product support information.
About Fujifilm India Private Ltd
Fujifilm established in 1934 has believed in Innovation and creation of new values through leading edge and proprietary technologies. FUJIFILM India as a firm believer in sophistication continues to work hard to provide the Indian consumer the best products and services. Our corporate slogan is “Value from Innovation.”
Along with expressing Fujifilm's commitment to continuously creating innovative technologies, products and services that empower the potential and expand the horizons of tomorrow's businesses and lifestyles, the slogan also encapsulates the company's desire to combine our own original technology with human resources, expertise and technology from around the world both internally and externally to create innovation. A new brand statement has also been created to articulate these commitments more specifically, and the slogan encapsulates the main points of the brand statement.
Our Goal is to be a company that is able to resolve a diverse variety of the problems that face society, contribute to the world through the continuous creation of value – added products and services, and achieve sustainable growth through constant innovation. That was the commitment we made to the world when we launched our new corporate slogan “Value from Innovation”. We quickly ascertain customer needs, and communicate these clearly and accurately to those involved in product development. Instant camera – instax is successful example of this in Photo Imaging business which was developed after accurately assessing market demands and with all related business divisions working together throughout the entire process from production to sales on a worldwide scale.
Media contact :
PR and Media Relations - Fujifilm India Pvt. Ltd.