Fujifilm India unveils the Instax SHARE SP3 Printer; where old-school instant film prints meets modern-day Smartphone photography
August 12, 2020
Mobile photography is an important part of the smartphone experience, offering users an easy and convenient means to take pictures and videos while on the go. With Fujifilm’s range of smartphone printers, users can print unlimited number of pictures , on the move, backed up in their phone library and create a memory for keepsake.
The SP-3 is the successor to the SP-2 which not only aims to maintain the ability to produce high-quality prints, but also provide something more unique with its instax SQUARE Film format. These prints don't come in the typical 4 x 6 photo size but instead print in a 2.4:2.4 aspect ratio which is a square format and has gained popularity thanks to photo hosting and sharing service platform ‘Instagram’. Recent years have seen a rise in the sharing of square photos on social media, with users putting great care into every step from composition to editing and processing before sharing them widely on social media. With the SP-3, users can now print out those special photos as a gift or decorate their room, indulge into DIY projects, etc. One can print their photos anywhere with this portable printer.
Commenting on the launch Mr. Masaki Zenko, Head of Instax division and Senior manager of Photo Imaging division, Fujifilm India said, “Keeping in mind, our ‘Don’t Just Take, Give’ motto we are constantly committed to delivering the best of products and experiences to our customers. With the launch of SP3, we want to deliver on our promise of sharing joy and creating memories. Our new smartphone printer, is the ultimate accessory suitable for all occasions making it the perfect gift for loved ones, thus accelerating our mission of sharing joy.”
“Instax SHARE SP3 is the newest addition in Fujifilm's ongoing plan to share the inherent joy of taking, keeping, putting up and sharing photos through the world of the instax instant photo system. This new variant will allow users to enjoy instant photos by printing pictures that they have capturedon their smartphone.” added Mr Kunal Girotra, National Business Manager Instax Division, Fujifilm India. Further, there is a dedicated SP-3 app that comes with new features to make every step easier and more fun, from selecting the photo to the final printing process. Users can print up to 9 photos on one sheet using the Collage Template, a feature enabled by the square format of the SP-3, or use My Template to add text to printed photos. My Template comes with templates in 11 designs, such as a magazine cover and a CD jacket, also enabling one to adjust the color, size and darkness of the text. The end result is a profile card or a stylish print that users will want to display on their wall.
The Instax SHARE app can access your social media accounts such as Instagram and Facebook and print photos directly from the accounts. The app is also compatible with Dropbox, Google Photos and more, in-turn making it easier to select an image from these apps and directly of their choice to print from the various options. The printer will come in two gender neutral color variations, black and white, with sleek and suave design. The all new instax printer will now be available all over India in retail outlets and ecommerce platforms with best buy price INR Rs.12,999/-
*A free app for Android devices and the iPhone. It can be downloaded from Google Play on Android devices or from the App Store on the iPhone. Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc. iPhone and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc.
*Facebook is a trademark or registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Instagram is a trademark or registered trademark of Instagram, Inc.
1.Product Name: Fujifilm instax SHARE SP-3 available in WHITE/BLACK.
2.Price: Best buy price INR Rs.12,999/-
- Create instax photos by printing images from iPhones and AndroidTM phones via instax SHARE app
- Images have a high resolution with print pixels of 800 x 800 dots and 318 dpi to show
detailed gradations and the facial expressions of a full-length portrait, character or objects clearly
- The product comes with Image Intelligence, proprietary image processing technology that automatically sets the optimum brightness during printing
- Exposure is done while the photo is sent, enabling output in just 13 seconds.
- New templates added to the instax SHARE app.
- My Template: A template function where users can add text as desired and freely adjust the text color, size and darkness by moving sliders left and right, broadening the range of photo styles available to them. (Available only with SP-3.).
- Collage Template: A template function allowing users to print 2-9 photos together on one sheet. Print a collection of memories from a special day, or tie together photos with a particular theme.
- Split template: Transform 1 picture into multiple instax photos. This allows all kinds of unique photo styles, such as dividing a beautiful landscape across two instax photos to make one big print.
- SNS Template: Template for printing images that were uploaded to a social networking service (SNS). This social media-linked printing feature allows users to include their profile photo or number of likes in the photo.
- Real Time template: When the “Real Time Template” is selected and a photo is taken, the date, place, weather, temperature, and humidity are indicated in the frame. Great for travel photos or watching your baby grow.
- The simple yet sophisticated design has a modern, sharp shape and rich colors.
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery to charge via micro USB port. Around 160 photos can be printed per charge.
- Users can print image data directly from a Fujifilm digital camera.
*See the official website for details such as compatible devices.
|Screens in the app (screenshots)|
|Printing from a Fujifilm digital camera||My Template|
4. Main Specifications of Fujifilm instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-3:
|Film||Fujifilm Instant Color Film instax SQUARE (sold separately)|
|Film size||86 mm x 72 mm|
|Screen size||62 mm x 62 mm|
|Supported image size||800 x 800 dots|
|Printing resolution||318 dpi|
|Printing levels||256 levels per color (RGB|
|Compliance standard: IEEE802.11b/g/n
Operation frequency : 2.4 GHz
|Supported image format||JPEG, PNG|
|Printing time||Recording - photo output (Feed out) Approx. 13 sec.|
|Power supply||Rechargeable battery NP-50 (x1)|
|Approximate printing capacity before battery recharge||Approx. 160 prints (Based on Fujifilm test conditions)
* Varies depending on the conditions of use.
|Power consumption (per print)||3W|
|Operating temperature||+5°C to +40°C (no condensation)|
|Dimensions & weight||116 mm x 130.5 mm x 44.4 mm (excluding projections)
312 g (without battery and film pack)
Please be aware that the specifications and performance of this product may change without warning.
Fujifilm established in 1934 has believed in Innovation and creation of new values through leading edge
and proprietary technologies. FUJIFILM India as a firm believer in sophistication, the company continues
to work hard to provide the Indian consumer the best products and services.
Our corporate slogan is “Value from Innovation.” Along with expressing Fujifilm's commitment to
continuously creating innovative technologies, products and services that empower the potential and
expand the horizons of tomorrow's businesses and lifestyles, the slogan also encapsulates the company's
desire to combine our own original technology with human resources, expertise and technology from around
the world both internally and externally to create innovation. A new brand statement has also been created
to articulate these commitments more specifically, and the slogan encapsulates the main points of the brand
Our Goal is to be a company that is able to resolve a diverse variety of the problems that face society,
contribute to the world through the continuous creation of value – added products and services, and achievesustainable growth through constant innovation. That was the commitment we made to the world when we launched our new corporate slogan “Value from Innovation.”
We quickly ascertain customer needs, and communicate these clearly and accurately to those involved in
product development. Instant camera – Instax is successful example of this in Photo Imaging business
which was developed after accurately assessing market demands and with all related business divisions
working together throughout the entire process from production to sales on a worldwide scale.
For additional information, please contact: