TOKYO, May 9, 2022 – FUJIFILM Corporation (President and CEO, Representative Director: Teiichi Goto) announces the development of “FUJIFILM PROJECTOR Z6000” (FP-Z6000) to join the lineup of the Z Series of ultra-short-throw projectors equipped with the world’s first “folded two-axial rotatable lens.”
FP-Z6000 achieves high brightness of 6000 lumens (lm) and class-leading*1 compact and lightweight design. It is free from space constraints to accommodate diverse spatial designs, thanks to its ability to project images at various directions without having to move the main unit and throw large images from a close-up distance.
In recent years, applications for projectors have been expanding from business presentations or video projection at offices and educational institutions, to spatial design at commercial facilities, museums and art galleries.
Fujifilm launched the 5000lm “FUJIFILM PROJECTOR Z5000 (FP-Z5000)” in 2019 and the bright 8000lm “FUJIFILM PROJECTOR Z8000 (FP-Z8000)” in 2021, expanding the Z Series of projectors further. The Z Series projectors are equipped with a “folded two-axial rotatable lens” to project images to various directions and from a close-up distance. Users have expressed high praise for their “minimal installation limitations broadening the scope of spatial design” and “ability to be placed in hidden places to create immersive space.” The FP-Z8000, in particular, provides excellent color reproduction and is becoming adopted at more places such as immersive digital art diplays and theater stages.
The new FP-Z6000 features a laser light source to deliver bright 6000lm images vividly. Components inside the main body are optimally laid out to achieve the smallest size (460mm x 510mm x 162.5mm*2) and lightest weight (approx. 18.0kg) in this class. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally to suit each installation environment. The use of the folded two-axial rotatable lens means the projector can throw images in various directions without having to move the main unit. It can also project dynamic 100-inch images from a close-up distance of just 72cm to facilitate efficient use of space in spatial design projection.
Fujifilm will continue to apply its proprietary optical technology to develop and supply projectors with minimal installation limitations, thereby catering to diverse user needs.
1. Names of the developed product and color variations
|Names of the developed product||Color variations|
2. Main features of FP-Z6000
(1) Bright 6000lm images and best-in-class compact and lightweight design
- The FP-Z6000 uses a laser light source to deliver bright 6000lm images vividly.
- Components inside the main body are optimally laid out to achieve the smallest size (460mm x 510mm x 162.5mm) and lightest weight (approx. 18.0kg) in this class. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally to suit each installation environment, enabling spatial design that makes effective use of what would have been dead space otherwise.
- The compact design with a fold-away lens means the lens fits perfectly inside the body to form a cuboid shape, reducing strain during transportation.
(2) Featuring a “folded two-axial rotatable lens” for spatial presentation as intended by designer
- “Folded two-axial rotatable lens” can be tilted 90 degrees from the lens mount axis and rotated 360 degrees on the lens axis. The ability to throw images in various directions allows users to project images onto not only walls and screens but also ceilings and floors with ease. It can also create immersive space by hiding the main unit and exposing only lens section.
(3) Projecting massive 100-inch images from a close-up distance of 72cm
- The ultra-short throw lens with the TR value of 0.34 projects dynamic 100-inch images from a close-up distance of 72cm. This significantly reduces dead space between the projector and the projection surface, allowing maximum use of space.
(4) Class-leading*1 Wide Lens-Shift Range capable of 70% vertically and 35% horizontally
- The use of a large-diameter aspherical lens element delivers the class-leading Lens-Shift function*3 of up to 70% vertically and 35% horizontally. The function makes it easy to shift the position of projected images across a wide range without having to change the location of the main unit or direction of the lens. Furthermore, its 1.1x optical zoom capability means the size of projected images can be adjusted easily. This optical zoom capability can be combined with the Lens Shift function to enable efficient image adjustments.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
Corporate Communications Division
Public Relations Group
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following website.