Fujifilm launches standard zoom lens “FUJINON Lens GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR”
January 23, 2020
- Interchangeable lens for GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras incorporating large format sensors
- Delivering superior image quality created by 100MP+ sensor
- Featuring a powerful image stabilization mechanism and a weather-resistant structure
Tokyo, January 23, 2020 ― FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of the standard zoom lens “FUJINON Lens GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR (hereinafter “GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR”)” in late February 2020. It will be a new addition to the lineup of interchangeable GF lenses for use with the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras, incorporating the large format sensor*, about 1.7 times bigger than a full-frame 35mm sensor.
The GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR has the maximum aperture of F4 and covers most frequently-used focal lengths from 45mm to 100mm (equivalent to 36-79mm in the 35mm film format). Equipped with a powerful image stabilization mechanism and a weather-resistant structure, the lens caters to severe shooting conditions. The GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR meets high expectations of professional photographers and photography enthusiasts in portraiture and various shooting situations.
GF lenses are Fujifilm's highest-grade lenses that deliver superior image quality with ultra-high image resolution and wide tonal reproducibility. This is made possible by the use of Fujifilm's exceptional optical design technology and production technology that processes lens surfaces with the precision at a submicron level, fostered through the development of industry-leading FUJINON lenses, including cine lenses that have won the Engineering Emmy Awards**. When mounted on the FUJIFILM GFX100 (hereinafter “GFX100”), released in June last year, the lenses can bring out the full performance of GFX100's 102MP image sensor, achieving the world's highest level of photographic image quality by utilizing the company's unique color reproduction technology.
The new GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR consists of 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including three aspherical elements, one Super ED element and one ED element. It controls various aberrations thoroughly to achieve an astonishing images with sharpness, comparable to prime lenses, and high contrast delivering an impressive image resolving power across its zoom range. The use of a powerful five stop image stabilization mechanism and a fast, silent and highly accurate AF driven by linear motor ensures that users can shoot hand-held with confidence. Furthermore, the lens is dust and weather resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C, facilitating photography in light rain or in dusty outdoor areas with peace of mind.
The GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR can be combined with two existing zooms, namely the standard zoom lens “FUJINON Lens GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR” and the telephoto zoom lens “FUJINON Lens GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR” to cover focal lengths from 32mm in wide angle to 200mm in telephoto (equivalent to 25mm-158mm in the 35mm film format), further broadening applications for the world of ultra-high image quality.
Fujifilm has also unveiled the new development roadmap for GF lenses***, releasing basic specifications of a large-diameter standard lens and a wide-angle prime lens, newly added to the roadmap. The 13-lens lineup, presented in the roadmap, will further expand photographic pleasure, using the GFX Series.
1. Product features
(1) Astonishing image quality, ultra-high image resolution and high contrast
- The new lens controls spherical aberration, field curvature and chromatic aberration thoroughly thanks to its structure, consisting of 16 lens elements in 12 groups including three aspherical elements, one Super ED element and one ED element. The design achieves astonishing images with sharpness, comparable to prime lenses, and high contrast delivering an impressive image resolving power across its zoom range.
(2) Covering most frequently-used focal lengths
- It is a standard zoom lens that covers most frequently-used focal lengths from 45mm to 100mm (equivalent to 36-79mm in the 35mm film format). Despite being a 2.2x zoom compatible with the large format sensor, the lens demonstrates excellent portability with its compact design, weighing just 1,005g and measuring 144.5mm in length and Φ93mm in maximum diameter.
(3) Featuring a powerful image stabilization mechanism
- The lens features a powerful five-stop image stabilization mechanism, compliant with the CIPA guidelines, bringing out the advanced image resolution of the GFX Series even when shooting hand-held.
(4) Fast, silent and highly-accurate AF
- The lens uses the inner focus system, using a linear motor which drives a compact and lightweight focus lens elements, to achieve fast, silent and highly accurate AF.
(5) Highly robust design that withstands use in various shooting conditions
- The lens barrel is weather-sealed at 11 locations so that it is dust and weather resistant and can be used in temperatures as low as -10°C, facilitating photography in light rain or in dusty outdoor areas.
FUJIFILM Corporate Communications Division
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following website