Accessories for the X Series and GFX System of digital cameras
July 28, 2020
FUJIFILM Shoe mount Flash EF-60
FUJIFILM Wireless Commander EF-W1
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of the shoe mount flash EF-60 (“EF-60”) and the Wireless Commander EF-W1” (“EF-W1”) on July 28, 2020, expanding the lineup of accessories for the X Series and GFX System of digital cameras.
The EF-60 is Fujifilm’s first radio-controlled wireless shoe mount flash that packs an impressive output power and multiple functions into its compact body. It supports radio-controlled wireless flash, allowing users to be more creative in a wider range of conditions.
The EF-W1 is a wireless commander that uses radio communication to control flash units. You can precisely adjust the output of multiple flash units for flexible light control, adding lighting versatility to your photographic expression.
1. Product names and release date
|Product name||Release Date|
|FUJIFILM Shoe mount Flash EF-60||July 28, 2020|
|FUJIFILM Wireless Commander EF-W1||July 28, 2020|
2. Main product features “Shoe mount Flash EF-60”
- This shoe mount flash has a maximum Guide Number of 60 (ISO100・m and flash coverage setting at 200mm*1) despite its compact form factor.
- The flash head can be adjusted by 90 degrees upward or by 180 degrees either left or right so that flash light can be bounced off a wall or ceiling to imitate natural light and avoid harsh shadows.
- The flash coverage ranges from 24mm to 200mm*1 and can be extended to approx. 16mm*1 when the built-in diffuser is used. It also features an Auto Zoom function, which adjusts the coverage according to the angle of view of the lens being used.
- The EF-60 features TTL mode which automatically calculates the optimum exposure as well as Manual mode to allow users to adjust the output power themselves.
- It also supports FP High-Speed Sync, allowing flash synchronization at a shutter speed as fast as 1/8000 sec. thus giving greater freedom when using flash, for example, shooting in bright daylight with the aperture wide open.
- The EF-60 has a built-in receiver for the wireless communications system called NAS (Nissin Air System)*2, and when combined with the Wireless Commander EF-W1, or the Nissin Air10s*3, it can be triggered remotely. This allows you to place this flash anywhere, even outdoors in bright daylight or in a location when obstacles might be blocking line-of-sight.
- The EF-60 also features the optical wireless mode. When using the FUJIFILM EF-X500 as the master unit (commander) you are able to create a stable wireless system in environments which have less than optimum radio communications.
- The EF-60 uses a xenon flashtube as well as a high-luminance white LED light for versatile applications, e.g. acting as video assist when filming video, providing constant light when shooting stills, adding a catch light or providing AF-assist light.
- The EF-60 uses four AA batteries and comes with a dedicated diffuser, a mini-stand and a special carry pouch
“Wireless Commander EF-W1”
1. High-function commander that supports the NAS radio-controlled wireless communications system
- This commander unit uses radio-controlled wireless communications to remotely trigger EF-60’s diverse functions including the TTL mode, Manual mode and FP High-Speed Sync mode. It can simultaneously control multiple remote flash units, using different settings, in up to four groups.
- The commander and remote flash units communicate using radio control. This means remote flashes can be placed in positions far away or out of direct sight from the commander. They can even be used in bright ambient light, giving greater freedom than conventional optical communications system.
- The EF-W1 uses NAS (Nissin Air System)*2 for radio-controlled wireless communications. This means the commander makes the X Series and GFX System of digital cameras compatible not only with the EF-60 but also with a variety of NAS-based speedlights offered by Nissin Japan Ltd*4.
2. Refined output control at 1/3EV increments with the minimum output of 1/256
- The EF-W1 allows you to control the output in 1/3EV increments in both TTL and Manual modes. When using Manual mode, the output level can be reduced as low as 1/256. This ability to fine tune the flash output gives more control, allowing the photographer to better express their creativity.
The EF-60 and EF-W1 are compatible with the following models:
- GFX100, GFX 50S, GFX 50R,
- X-H1, X-Pro2, X-Pro3, X-T1, X-T2, X-T3, X-T4, X-T20, X-T30, X-E3, X100F, X100V
There is limited compatibility with some X Series and FinePix cameras equipped with a hot shoe. Please visit https://fujifilm-x.com/support/compatibility/accessories/ for latest compatibility information.
*1 Equivalent in the 35mm film format
*2 NAS is a registered trademark of Nissin Japan Ltd.
*3 Nissin Air10s is a product of Nissin Japan Ltd.
*4 Nissin Japan Ltd. website: https://www.nissin-japan.com/