Fujifilm launches “FUJINON UA18×7.6BERD” and “FUJINON UA23×7.6BERD”
-Expanding the lineup of the UA Series of 4K-compatible broadcast lenses with compact new lenses for excellent portability
-High image resolution and rich tonal gradation to assist premium-quality 4K video production
August 14, 2019
The use of 4K video is spreading rapidly across not only Japan, North America and Europe but also the rest of Asia and Central and South America, accelerating the introduction of 4K-compatible video equipment worldwide. The emergence of compact and lightweight “4K camcorders” is spreading videography that takes advantage of their advanced portability, while increasing the needs for compact and lightweight lenses more than ever before.
Predicting the arrival of the age of 4K video, Fujifilm launched the world's first 4K-compatible broadcast lens back in 2015. The company has since expanded its lens lineup, including compact and lightweight portable lenses to box types offering high-magnification zoom, thereby contributing to the expansion of the 4K broadcasting market.
The UA18×7.6 and UA23×7.6, to be released this time, are 4K-compatible portable broadcast lenses with compact design and advanced portability. They can be paired with a 4K camcorder to reduce the physical strain of videographers who carry their equipment on the shoulder. Furthermore, the lenses contain ED lens elements to control various types of aberration to achieve amazing sharpness. The company's unique multi-layer coating helps achieve rich tonal gradation to produce 4K video of astonishing quality. These lenses can be mounted on an HD-compatible broadcast camera. This allows users to make effective use of their existing broadcast equipment in achieving greater image quality.
The UA18×7.6 is an 18× zoom lens covering most frequently-used focal lengths from 7.6mm to 137mm, and is therefore an ideal choice for news assignment and on-location filming for various types of TV programs. The UA23×7.6 has the focal lengths extending to 175mm on the telephoto end and can therefore film a close-up of a distant subject. This makes it a perfect option for live sports coverage and news reports.
Fujifilm will be exhibiting these new products at the Beijing International Radio, TV & Film Exhibition (BIRTV2019), to be held from August 21 to August 24, 2019.
FUJINON lenses developed by Fujifilm are known for high-quality images and have been used in various production sites including movies, TV commercials, and live sports broadcasts around the world. Fujifilm will continue to tap into its optical, high-precision forming and assembling technologies that have been nurtured over many years in the cutting-edge field of video expression, to further expand and enhance its 4K lens lineup, thereby addressing the diversifying needs at the forefront of video production.
1. Product name, release date and price
|Product name||Release date||Price|
|Broadcast portable zoom lens
|Broadcast portable zoom lens
2. Main features
(1) Compact design for advanced portability
- The two compact lenses adopted Fujifilm's unique optical design, with the UA18×7.6 weighing 1.74kg and measuring 204mm long and the UA23×7.6 weighing 1.95kg and measuring 221.4mm long.
- They can be paired with a 4K camcorder to reduce the physical strain of videographers who carry their equipment on the shoulder.
(2) Unique optical technology for excellent sharpness and rich tonal gradation
- The lenses use ED and fluorite elements* to effectively control various types of aberration, achieving outstanding image sharpness. The company's “HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating)” multi-layer coating boosts the rate of light transmittance, delivering rich tonal gradation.
- These lenses can be mounted on an HD-compatible broadcast camera, allowing users to utilize their existing broadcast equipment to achieve greater image quality.
(3) Natural bokeh achieved with nine-blade diaphragm
- The use of nine-blade diaphragm achieves an aperture shape closer to a perfect circle. This creates beautiful soft lights and natural bokeh into the video expressions.
(4) Addition of two lenses with different zoom magnifications
- These lenses use the “multi-group zooming” method that moves multiple lens groups for zooming.
- The UA18×7.6 is an 18× zoom lens covering most frequently-used focal lengths from 7.6mm to 137mm, and is therefore an ideal choice for news assignment and on-location filming for various types of TV programs. The UA23×7.6 has the focal lengths extending to 175mm on the telephoto end and can therefore film a close-up of a distant subject. This makes it a perfect option for live sports coverage and news reports.