Fujifilm launches “FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR”
January 27, 2021
-Expand the lineup of interchangeable lenses for X Series of mirrorless digital cameras
-Small lightweight ultra telephoto zoom covering focal length of 70mm-300mm
-Powerful image stabilization system makes it perfect for sports, nature and other photography
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of the “FUJINON Lens XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR” (XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR) in March 2021. It will be a new addition to the lineup of interchangeable XF lenses designed for X Series of mirrorless digital cameras, providing a compact lightweight design and outstanding image quality with Fujifilm's proprietary color reproduction technology.
The XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR extends from a medium telephoto 70mm to ultra telephoto 300mm (equivalent to 107mm-457mm in the 35mm format). It covers wide range of telephoto shooting scenes in spite of its small lightweight design measuring 132.5mm long and weighing approximately 580g. It comprises a powerful image stabilization system, suitable for sports, nature and other photography.
The XF70-300mm F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR is a zoom lens that enables users to shoot up to ultra telephoto 300mm range (equivalent to 457mm in the 35mm format). It offers compatibility with teleconverters “XF2X TC WR” and “XF1.4X TC WR” capable of multiplying the focal length of a mounted lens. When combined with the XF2X TC WR, focal length may be extended up to 600mm (equivalent to 914mm in the 35mm format). Moreover, the XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR delivers macro photography capability ideal for enlarging plants, insects and other small subjects, affording users the opportunity to enjoy diverse photographic expressions. The lens design maximizes advantages offered by the X Mount*1 with APS-C size sensor to achieve a small lightweight design approximately 580g and 132.5mm in length. It also has a 5.5-stop image stabilization system, making it easy to carry around for handheld shooting. In addition, the linear motor delivers fast AF shooting to instantaneously focus on even moving subjects, allowing users to capture decisive moment.
Today, Fujifilm also announced the launch of a standard prime lens “FUJINON Lens XF27mmF2.8 R WR”. With the XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR and XF27mmF2.8 R WR joining the extensive lens lineup, Fujifilm offers lenses that cover a wide range of focal lengths to complement photographic pleasure delivered by the X Series.
- *1 Lens mount for X Series of mirrorless digital cameras with the APS-C size sensor.
(1) Ultra telephoto zoom lens covering a wide range of shooting scenes for diverse photographic expressions
- The lens consists of 17 lens elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical lens and two ED lenses and has the focal length from medium telephoto 70mm to ultra telephoto 300mm (equivalent to 107mm-457mm in the 35mm format).
- It offers compatibility with teleconverters “XF2X TC WR” and “XF1.4X TC WR.” When combined with the XF2X TC WR, the focal length is extended up to 140mm-600mm (equivalent to 213mm-914mm in the 35mm format).
- The XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR has a minimum shooting distance of 83cm (entire zoom range) and maximum magnification ratio of ×0.33 (equivalent to approx. ×0.5 in the 35mm format) to create dynamic macro photography. It has the capability to shoot the entire surface of a subject the same size as a credit card to create dynamic images capturing plants, insects and other small subjects. When combined with the XF2X TC WR, maximum magnification ratio is increased to ×0.66 (equivalent to actual size in the 35mm format).
(2) Small and lightweight for outstanding mobility
- The XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR has a maximum outer diameter of 75mm, measuring length of 132.5mm and weight of approximately 580g. It offers outstanding mobility for shooting sporting events, airplanes, trains, wildlife and other moving subjects. In addition, when used with “FUJINON Lens XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR” and digital camera “FUJIFILM X-S10”, users have the capability to take images of a wide range from wide-angle 16mm to ultra telephoto 300mm (equivalent to 24-457mm in the 35mm format) with the camera system that together weighs under 1,500g.
(3) 5.5-stop image stabilization system
- The powerful 5.5-stop image stabilization system makes it easier to take telephoto shots, which are susceptible to camera shake.
- In combination with the FUJIFILM X-T4, FUJIFILM X-S10 or other camera with in-body image stabilization system, users will have five-axis image stabilization capability. The image stabilization system controls shift shake, which often occurs during macro photography, so that the user can take sharp contrast images.
(4) Fast and quiet AF
- The linear-motor drive system delivers fast and quiet AF. Users can capture decisive moment as the XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR has the capability to instantaneously focus on even quick-moving subjects at sports events or other situations. The fast AF even works in combination with teleconverters “XF1.4X TC WR” or “XF2X TC WR” so users can enjoy shooting with the XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
(5) Dust and weather resistance capable of operating at low temperatures
- The lens barrel is weather-sealed in 10 points to ensure dust and weather resistance, enabling users to shoot with stability even in tougher environments during a sudden weather and a dusty location, and even at temperatures of down to -10℃.