Fujifilm develops innovative projector featuring high-performance FUJINON lens
September 25, 2018
-World's first projector with rotating lens for multi-directional image projection and easy switchover between vertical and horizontal display
-Projecting bright images to a 100-inch screen from a close distance of just 75cm
-Fujifilm enters the projector business by tapping into its cutting-edge optical technology
Today, projectors are used in a wide variety of situations including theaters, offices and educational institutions. More recently, demand for projectors has increased due to their applications for digital signage at commercial facilities or design projection at art galleries / museums. This has increased the needs for projectors to use them for effective advertising in limited space, and spatial presentation using walls and ceilings.
Fujifilm has been working on R&D, manufacturing and marketing of industrial optical devices including optical components of office equipment and projectors, in addition to a wide range of FUJINON lenses including 4K/8K compatible broadcast lenses, high-performance cine lenses and interchangeable lenses for mirrorless digital cameras. Tapping into its advanced optical design technology, accumulated through the development of such optical devices, Fujifilm has developed a projector that meets the current market needs.
<Main features of the new projector>
1. Featuring the world's first “two-axial rotatable lens”
- The use of the world's first “two-axial rotatable lens” gives this projector a capability of directing the lens up, down, front, rear, left and right to project images in various directions without having to move the main unit. This means it can project images not only on a wall or screen but also on the ceiling and floor, and easily switch between vertical and horizontal display.
2. Projecting vivid images to a large screen from a close distance
- The use of ultra-short throw lens makes it possible to project images on a 100-inch screen from the close distance of just 75cm. The device can project dynamic images even when there is constraint in projection distance.
- The use of laser light source enables the projection of bright and vivid images.
3. In pursuit for advanced convenience and design sophistication
- The projector can be placed horizontally or vertically for greater freedom in installation according to users' environment.
- It has a small footprint of 0.18m2 when placed horizontally and just 0.05m2*3 when placed vertically.
- The projector realizes a smart appearance with beautifully rounded corners and a compact body that turns into a box shape when the lens is folded in. This has been achieved in Fujifilm's pursuit for sophisticated product design.
Fujifilm will continue to tap into its cutting-edge optical design technology to develop innovative products, thereby meeting diversifying market needs.