Fujifilm releases FUJINON Lens XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR
July 18, 2019
- Standard zoom lens with the world's highest 6.0-stops image stabilization and 5x zoom
- Maximum aperture of F4 across the entire focal length range from wide angle to mid-telephoto to cover various shooting situations
- Compact design to bring out the outstanding mobility of the X Series of mirrorless cameras
The XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR is a zoom lens consisting of 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including three aspherical elements and one ED aspherical lens, to deliver advanced edge-to-edge sharpness. Its 6.0-stops image stabilization mechanism helps create premium-quality images, bringing out the full potential of the X-TransTM CMOS sensor*2 , developed by Fujifilm, even when hand-holding the camera in nightscape or indoor photography. It has the weight and dimensions almost identical to those of 3x zoom lenses for full-frame mirrorless digital cameras in general, but is capable of 5x zoom, covering a broader range of focal lengths. The combined weight when mounted on the FUJIFILM X-T3 or FUJIFILM X-T30 mirrorless digital cameras remains light at 979g and 823g respectively, allowing casual portability. You can also take close-up shots with this lens, which has the minimum shooting distance of 35cm (across the entire zoom range) and the maximum magnification ratio of 0.25x. In addition, the lens uses the Inner Focus system*3 , which drives the focus lens group with a stepping motor*4 , to achieve fast and quiet autofocus (AF). The use of unique optical design technology also minimizes focus breathing (change of angle of view during focusing), making the lens perfect for shooting both stills and video.
Fujifilm's X Series consists of 32 lenses, including the new XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR, and a wide range of accessories to cover a broad range of shooting conditions from wide angle to telephoto, giving users a true joy of photography.
1. Product features
(1) Optical design that brings out superior image-resolving performance
- The lens consists of 16 elements in 12 groups. The use of three aspherical lens elements effectively controls spherical aberration and field curvature. An aspherical ED element is used for image stabilization so as to minimize aberration changes caused when compensating for camera shakes, thereby achieving superior edge-to-edge sharpness.
- The lens offers the constant maximum aperture of F4 across the entire focal length range from 16mm at the wide angle end to 80mm in mid-telephoto (equivalent to 24-122mm in the 35mm format).
- The lens has the minimum shooting distance of 35cm (across the entire zoom range) and the maximum magnification ratio of 0.25x to enable close-up photography, capturing a subject the size of a business card to fill the entire frame.
(2) World's highest 6.0-stops image stabilization capability
- The lens features the world's highest CIPA-compliant 6.0-stops image stabilization mechanism among interchangeable lenses for digital cameras. It makes it possible to achieve premium image quality even when hand-holding the camera in nightscape or indoor photography. The lens recognizes shooting conditions, such as panning and shooting on a tripod, and automatically applies the optimum stabilization control.
(4) Fast and quiet AF
- The lens uses the Inner Focus system. It moves small and lightweight focusing elements with a silent and precisely-controllable stepping motor to achieve fast and quiet AF. The use of unique optical design technology also minimizes focus breathing (change of angle of view during focusing), making the lens perfect for shooting both stills and video.
(5) Stylish design and easy operability
- The lens is stylishly designed to present a premium image. It offers excellent operability thanks to the aperture ring that has just the right amount of clicking and the zoom / focus rings that provide smooth torque.
(6) Highly robust design that withstands use in various shooting conditions
- The lens barrel is weather-sealed at ten locations so that it is dust and weather resistant and can be used in temperatures as low as -10℃. It can be mounted on weatherproof mirrorless digital cameras such as FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-H1 to enjoy photography in light rain or in dusty outdoor areas.
Corporate Communications Division