Fujifilm introduces new FinePix XP140 digital camera
February 13, 2019
- A palm-sized compact camera featuring Fujifilm's proprietary image processing engine, the Main Subject Recognition function and 4K video capability
- Rugged compact with waterproof to 25m, shockproof up to 1.8m, freezeproof to -10°C and dustproof
- XP Series of digital cameras for outdoor sports / leisure activities topping the cumulative global sales total of 6 million units
<XP140's main features>
(1) Featuring Fujifilm's proprietary image processing engine and back-illuminated CMOS sensor in a compact body
- The compact palm-sized camera body that weighs just 207g*3 features Fujifilm's proprietary image processing engine and 16.4M back-illuminated CMOS sensor. It boasts a variety of automated functions including “Main Subject Recognition” to automatically recognize and track a main subject and “eye-detection AF” to automatically focus on human eyes, in addition to shutter functions such as “Smile Shutter” to capture the moment when your subject smiles and “Face Auto Shutter” to capture the moment when your subject looks at the camera front-on. These features help you capture a decisive moment with ease in premium image quality.
- There are 17 types of Advanced Filters including “Rich & Fine” for boosting brightness and color saturation at the center of the frame, and “Monochrome (NIR)” for applying brightness and contrast different from regular monochrome photos to create a dream-like effect. The effect that your chosen filter has on an image can be checked on the LCD monitor while shooting, making it easier to achieve an advanced level of artistic result.
- This camera has one-stop improvement in the highest ISO sensitivity compared to previous models. The ability to shoot at ISO12800 delivers sharp images with low-noise even in low light conditions.
(2) Four ruggedized features: Waterproof to 25m, shockproof up to 1.8m, freezeproof to -10°C and dustproof
- The XP140 complies with IP68*4 , the waterproof and dustproof protection standards for products. It is waterproof to the depth of 25m, shockproof when dropped from a height of up to 1.8m, freezeproof to temperatures as low as -10°C and dustproof design against the entry of sand and dust. The ruggedized performance, enhanced from previous models, allows you to use the camera in a wide variety of shooting conditions.
- Design features for best usability in outdoor situations, such as marine sports and camping, include a slip-resistant grip and a double-locking mechanism for the battery compartment. This can also be the ideal first camera for children, as you do not have to worry about water, sand or dropping it from a height.
(3) 4K video capability and a variety of other video recording functions
- This is the first XP Series model capable of recording 4K video. Its “High-Speed Video recording” function allows you to record HD video at up to 4x frame rate to produce smooth slow-motion video even for a fast-moving subject. Enjoy a touch of creativity with the versatile video-recording functions.
(4) Bluetooth®*5 support for automatic image transfer to smartphones and tablets
- The inclusion of Bluetooth® low energy technology means photos and videos can be automatically transferred easily and instantly to a paired smart device via the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application for smartphones and tablets. You can instantly upload your favorite photos to SNS to share great memories with family and friends, adding extra enjoyment to leisure activities. The technology also syncs time and location information from your device and attaches it to images, and facilitates remote-shooting via the app, accommodating photography in a greater variety of conditions.
1. Product name, color variations, release date and pricing
Product name: FinePix XP140
Color variations: White / Dark Silver / Yellow / Sky Blue / Lime
Release date: Late March 2019
Recommended retail price: Open
2. Optional accessories
Product name: Rechargeable battery (lithium-ion type)
Model name: NP-45S
Recommended retail price: Open
3. FinePix XP140's main specifications
|Model name||FinePix XP140|
|Number of effective pixels||16.4M pixels|
|Image sensor||1/2.3-inch square-pixel CMOS with primary color filter|
|Storage media||Internal memory (approx. 90MB)
SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card
|Lens||Name||FUJINON 5x optical zoom lens|
|Focal length||f=5.0mm - 25.0mm (equivalent to 28 - 140mm in the 35mm film format)|
|Maximum aperture||F3.9 (Wide) - F4.9 (Telephoto)|
|Constitution||13 elements in 11 groups (includes 4 8-side aspherical elements)|
|Digital zoom||Super-resolution zoom of up to approx. 2x (up to approx. 10x with 5x optical zoom)|
|Aperture||F3.9 / F6.2 (Wide), F4.9 / F8.0 (Telephoto)|
(from lens surface)
|Normal： [Wide] approx. 9cm to infinity, [Telephoto] approx. 1.0m to infinity|
|Sensitivity||AUTO / AUTO(400) / AUTO(800) / AUTO(1600)
ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800
|Image stabilizer||Optical (CMOS shift) type|
|LCD monitor||3.0-inch, approx. 920K-dot, TFT color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)|
|Movie recording||4K 3840 x 2160 (15P)
Full HD 1920 x 1080 (59.94P / 50P / 24P / 23.98P)
HD 1280 x 720 (59.94P / 50P / 24P / 23.98P)
HD high-speed video (approx. 1.6x / 2x / 3.3x / 4x slow-motion)
* Use a memory card with the UHS speed class of 3 or higher.
|Wireless transmitter||Standards||IEEE802.11b / g / n (standard wireless LAN protocol)|
|Encryption||WEP / WPA / WPA 2 mixed mode|
|Bluetooth®||Standards||Bluetooth Ver 4.1 (Bluetooth low energy)|
|Operating frequency range||2402 - 2480MHz (center frequency)|
|Power supply||Rechargeable battery NP-45S (Lithium-ion type)|
|Dimensions and weight||109.6mm (W) × 71.0mm (H) × 27.8mm (D) * excluding projections
Approx. 207.4g (including battery and memory card)
Approx. 190.6g (excluding battery and memory card)
|Number of frames per charge||Approx. 240 frames (according to the CIPA standards, when using a standard card)|
|Accessories included||Rechargeable battery NP-45S (Lithium-ion type)
AC power adaptor AC-5VG
Owner's manual and warranty documents