Fujifilm launches new large-diameter telephoto prime lens “FUJINON XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Lens”
July 20, 2018
-First telephoto lens for the X Series with brightness of F2.0 maximum aperture
-Applying the technologies of FUJINON lenses, used in the broadcasting and cinematography industries, to produce high resolution and beautiful bokeh
-Covering the ultra telephoto focal length of 280mm when combined with the FUJINON Teleconverter
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will introduce the FUJINON XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Lens (XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR), a large-diameter telephoto prime lens for the X Series of digital cameras. It uses Fujifilm's unique color reproduction technology to deliver outstanding photo quality. The lens will be released in late October, 2018, in a kit that also contains the FUJINON Teleconverter XF1.4X TC F2 WR (XF1.4X TC F2 WR), a high-performance teleconverter that can extend the lens's focal length by 1.4 times*1.
The XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR is the X Series' first telephoto interchangeable lens that offers the maximum aperture of F2.0. The lens has the focal length of 200mm (equivalent to 305mm in the 35mm film format.) Tapping into the optical technologies nurtured through the production of FUJINON lenses, widely used in the broadcasting and cinematography industries, it produces advanced sharpness and beautiful bokeh to achieve outstanding descriptive performance. It can be combined with the XF1.4X TC F2 WR, which supports the main lens's maximum aperture of F2.0 and extends its focal length by 1.4 times, to cover the ultra-telephoto focal length of 280mm (equivalent to 427mm in the 35mm film format)*2, making it an ideal choice for shooting sports, airplanes and wild birds.
The XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR is a large-diameter telephoto prime lens, capable of bringing out the full performance of FUJIFILM's X-TransTM CMOS sensor*3, used in mirrorless digital cameras including the FUJIFILM X-H1. The lens offers sharpness even when the aperture is wide open, using advanced optical design technology and manufacturing technology that makes it possible to process lens surfaces at micron-level precision, fostered through the development of industry-leading FUJINON lenses including broadcast lenses that support 4K / 8K video. The maximum aperture of F2.0 and the long focal length of 200mm (equivalent to 305mm in the 35mm film format) creates beautiful bokeh for outstanding descriptive performance. The lens also features the new Focus Preset function*4, which allows you to instantaneously change the focus to a pre-defined position to capture your main subject with ease without having to make focus re-adjustments. The lens barrel is made of magnesium alloy to create a lightweight yet robust body. The lens is also dust and weather resistant, and capable of operating in environments as cold as -10°C, making it highly reliable as photo equipment for use by professional photographers.
The XF1.4X TC F2 WR is a high-performance telecoverter that is fitted between a camera body and a lens to extend the lens's focal length by 1.4 times while drawing out the lens's advanced optical performance to the maximum extent. It is specifically designed to control aberration well, while supporting the lens's maximum aperture of F2.0. The combination of the XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR and the XF1.4X TC F2 WR covers the focal length of 280mm (equivalent to 427mm in the 35mm film format)*2, broadening users' scope of photography.
Offering the total lineup of 34 lenses including the XF8-16mmF2.8 R LM WR ultra wide-angle zoom lens announced today as well as the FUJINON Lens XF16mmF2.8 R WR, FUJINON Lens XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR and FUJINON Lens XF33mmF1 R WR, featured in the roadmap for developing X Series' interchangeable lenses*5, Fujifilm covers a wide range of shooting conditions from ultra wide-angle to ultra telephoto, providing photographic pleasure with the X Series.
1. Product features
(1) Large-diameter telephoto prime lens, XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR
 Exceptional resolving performance and beautiful bokeh
- This lens uses large-diameter lens elements, polished at precision finer than 0.1μm, using outstanding optical design technology fostered through the development of industry-leading FUJINON lenses including broadcast lenses that support 4K / 8K video. The lens consists of 19 elements in 14 groups, including one large-diameter super ED lens element and two large-diameter ED lens elements, comparable to the performance of fluorite elements*6. The design minimizes chromatic aberration to deliver a high resolution.
- The maximum aperture of F2.0 and the long focal length of 200mm (equivalent to 305mm in the 35mm film format) create beautiful bokeh for outstanding descriptive performance.
 Variety of functions for easy AF operations
- The lens features the new Focus Preset function*7, which instantaneously changes the focus to a pre-set position, defined with the SET button in advance. It allows you to focus on your main subject with ease without having to make focus re-adjustments.
- The lens features the focus limiter function, which limits the shooting distance range for autofocusing. This function shortens the lens's operation time to deliver high-speed AF when shooting a subject at the distance of 5 meters or greater. Use the Focus Range Selector switch to activate the function.
- The Focus Control button*7 is positioned at the tip of the lens barrel. Use the Focus Select switch to assign a function of your choice, making it easy to access operations such as AF-ON and Focus Lock.
 Powerful image stabilization performance
- The lens offers a 5-stop image stabilization performance in accordance with CIPA. This means you can hand-hold the telephoto lens, normally susceptible to camera shake. The lens recognizes shooting conditions such as panning or on tripod, and automatically applies optimum image-stabilization control.
 Fast, quiet and highly accurate AF
- The use of lighter focus lens group and linear motors results in fast, quiet and high-precision AF performance. There is also a new mechanism that stabilizes the focus motor group when the camera is powered off or in the playback of photos taken to reduce unnecessary vibrations.
 Advanced toughness to withstand various shooting conditions
- The lens's main body is in the new matte silver color, which effectively reduces the increase of its internal temperature under intense summer heat. The application of light-diffusing coating also controls light reflections from the lens body.
- The use of magnesium alloy achieves a lightweight and robust lens body. The barrel is sealed at 17 places to make the lens dust and weather resistant, and capable of operating in environments as cold as -10°C. The front lens element is coated with fluorine to repel water and dirt, adding extra toughness performance so that the lens can be used outdoors with peace of mind even under showers and dust exposure.
 Arca-Swiss compatible tripod mount for greater equipment compatibility
- The tripod mount features an Arca-Swiss compatible dovetail groove*8, and also supports both 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch tripod screw to accommodate professional equipment.
(2) High-performance XF1.4X TC F2 WR teleconverter
- This high-performance teleconverter extends the focal length by 1.4 times while drawing out the lens's full optical performance. It is specifically designed to control aberration well, while supporting the lens's maximum aperture of F2.0.
- The combination of the XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR and the XF1.4X TC F2 WR covers the focal length of 280mm (equivalent to 427mm in the 35mm film format)**, broadening users' scope of photography.
PRF-105 protection filter / FLCP-105 lens front cap (accessories)
Upon the release of the XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR, Fujifilm will also introduce the PRF-105 protection filter compatible with the lens's Φ105mm filter threads, and the FLCP-105 lens front cap at the same time.
2. Main specifications
XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR
|Type||FUJINON XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Lens|
|Lens configuration||19 elements 14 groups
(includes 2ED elements,1super ED element)
|Focal length (35mm format equivalent)||f=200mm (305mm)|
|Angle of view||8.1°|
|Aperture control||Number of blades||9(rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Stop size||1/3EV (22 steps)|
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
(distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Φ122mm x 205.5mm|
(including tripod collar foot, excluding caps and hood)
|Accessories included||Lens cap FLCP-105
Lens rear cap RLCP-001
XF1.4X TC F2 WR
|Type||FUJINON XF1.4X TC F2 WR Teleconverter|
|Lens configuration||7 elements 4 groups
(includes 1 aspherical element)
|Focal length (35mm format equivalent)||1.4x that of original lens|
|Max. aperture||1 additional stop|
|Min. aperture||1 additional stop|
|Focus range||Approx. same as that of original lens|
|Max. magnification||1.4x that of original lens|
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)
(distance between lens mount and camera mount)
|Φ58mm x 15mm (excluding protrusion)|
|Accessories included||Lens front cap
Lens rear cap RLCP-001