FUJINON lenses’ unique “4D High Resolution” performance
"4D High Resolution" is high resolution performance unique to FUJINON lenses. It maintains a highly consistent image sharpness from the center to the edges, while mitigating degradation of resolution caused by changes in the shooting distance or aperture. This enables consistent delivery of high-resolution images under a wide variety of installation and shooting conditions.
1.Floating design technology
Degradation of resolution can be minimized even when the shooting distance is changed
- The lenses are designed to show the best resolution at the shooting distance most commonly used (designed distance). At this distance, the aberrations (color fringe/peripheral blur/distortion) are ideally corrected.
- Although conventional lens design technology optimally controlled aberration at the designed distance,
aberration occurred at other distances and lowered resolution. The wide angle lens in particular had issues with its tendency for curvature of field (peripheral blur).
- The HF-12M series has implemented “floating design technology”. “Floating lens elements” behind the iris move to focus and enable the HF-12M series to retain its highest resolution regardless of the shooting distance.
2.Eccentricity adjustment technology
Retaining consistent resolution to the periphery of the image
- Misalignment of the axis of the lenses during the manufacturing process prevents the intended performance from being exhibited. It is crucial to align the axis of the lenses to the micrometer level during its manufacturing process.
- The HF-12M series realized high-resolution consistent all the way to the periphery of the image. This is accomplished by detecting all lens core misalignment using proprietary inspection equipment of Fujifilm manufacturing technology and aligning the whole lens constructions with micrometer level adjustments.
Lenses are misaligned
"4D High Resolution" lenses
General machine vision camera
- Fujifilm’s proprietary manufacturing technology is utilized by applying the precision technology needed for manufacturing broadcast lenses that require high-dimensional and consistent qualities, to the manufacturer of miniature lenses such as camera modules for mobile phones.
3. Glass matching technology (Fujifilm original optical design software “FOCUS”)
Controls the drop in resolution caused by changing aperture value
- “Lateral chromatic aberration (color fringe)” is the main cause for the drop in resolution when changing the aperture value. Due to the different refractive index of the wavelength, imaging position sometimes differs by colors. This leads to the color fringing at the edge of the frame. To control of this aberration combination of the glass materials matters. While general glass materials can correct only the 2 colors of RGB(Red, Green, Blue), Extra-low Dispersion glass material enables the correction of all three colors at high level.
- By implementing glass with Extra-low Dispersion characteristics to control lateral chromatic aberration, the HF-12M series have succeeded to maintain the high resolution even when changing the aperture value.
- Fujifilm’s has developed its original lens design software “FOCUS (Fujifilm Optical Class Library and Utilities System)”, which enables to decide the best glass materials from the infinite combination of possibilities.
"4D High Resolution"
This video explains FUJINON lenses' unique "4D High Resolution" performance.
FUJINON Anti Shock and Vibration
1.Optical axis shift (image deviation) can be suppressed to 10um or less.
- In the case of ordinary machine vision lenses, the optical axis shift occurs when shock moves lenses from their initial position and it affects the lenses ability to provide highly precise measurement.
Fujifilm’s unique mechanical design*1 paired with FUJINON Anti-Shock performance suppresses the optical axis shift less than 10um*2 even when shock up to 10G*3 is present.
Axis shift when given repeated shocks
2. Can be used in environments with harsh vibrations.
- The ordinary machine vision lenses have problems of toughness under working environment where vibration occurs.
FUJINON Anti-Vibration performance has passed vibration test conforming to IEC60068-2-6. This feature helps to keep both the mechanical and optical elements in their original position while maintaining superb resolution.
【Compliant with IEC60068-2-6】
・ Vibration frequency of 10-60Hz (amplitude of 0.75mm),
60-500Hz (acceleration of 100m/S2)
・ Sweep frequency of 50 cycles
3.Suppresses aged deterioration and provides advanced installation convenience.
- Fujifilm original mechanical design minimizes the use of adhesive to avoid aged deterioration that can be caused by humidity and heat in the production line.
- The variable throttle mechanism does not require iris parts to be changed and allows easier installation.
Anti Shock & Vibration / function
The video explains the anti-shock and vibration function, suppression of age deterioration, and our pursuit of ease-of-installation.
High-precision glass mold aspherical lens technology
Achieving both miniaturization and low distortion
- In lens design, reducing the number of lenses and forming an image by abruptly bending light that enters the lens achieves miniaturization. Distortion cannot be controlled if the lenses are only composed of the commonly used spherical lens. However, the aspherical lens can yield the same results of using multiple spherical lenses, enabling the control of distortion with far fewer lenses.
- Aspherical lenses require precision processing. Fujifilm can design and manufacturer aspherical lens within its own group. The precision processing required in the design stage and its mass production is realized by accurate die machining technology.
- The HF-12M series realizes both miniaturization and low distortion by implementing the high-precision glass mold aspherical lenses.