FUJIFILM LAUNCHES THE LATEST SYNAPSE 3D VERSION AT HIMSS 2019
February 5, 2019
STAMFORD, Conn. (Booth #4159) – FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Imaging and Medical Informatics solutions, will debut the latest version of its Synapse 3D solution at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society’s (HIMSS) Global Conference and Exhibition at the Orange County Convention Center, in Orlando, FL from Feb 12–14, 2019. The latest Synapse 3D Advanced Visualization software introduces five new applications, in addition to its current 50 clinical applications, that will be available for demonstration.
“Fujifilm’s Synapse 3D advanced visualization software is a robust tool that assists clinicians across the enterprise with interpreting, reporting and treatment planning,” said Bill Lacy, Vice President, Medical Informatics at FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. “Packed with new applications spanning multiple specialty areas, our latest version was designed to improve workflows and diagnostic confidence while enhancing comprehensive and collaborative care.”
An enterprise-wide solution designed to quickly perform advanced visualization workflows and access 3D rendered images, Synapse 3D boasts a total of 55 advanced applications, including five newly launched tools:
- Breast Analyzer MR—A multi-faceted application that analyzes breast tumors and generates BI-RADS reports. It includes kinetic curves for wash-in and wash-out and subtraction of pre- and post-contrast. The tool also performs a variety of measurements including distance from the nipple, distance from the skin, distance from the chest wall, and tumor volume.
- Delayed Enhancement MR—Designed with input from cardiologists, this application analyzes myocardial viability, provides delayed enhancement area and volume measurements, and displays the enhanced area overlaid in the bulls-eye map.
- Endoscopic Simulator—With simulation now a key tool in training of physicians, this application was designed specifically for laparoscopic surgery simulation. It simulates inflation of the abdomen, port placement, and positioning. The tool also offers the capability to automatically segment vessels, skin, bone, pancreas, spleen, and tumors.
- Intravoxel Incoherent Motion (IVIM) MR—The tool uses diffusion-weighted images to provide quantitative data from tissue microcapillary perfusion. It also automatically displays an ADC map, eADC map, D map, D* map, and f map.
- Prostate Viewer MR—A robust application to support prostate cancer diagnosis, this tool analyzes prostate gland tumors and generates PI-RADS reports. It measures both diameter and volume of the prostate gland and lesions. It also features an array of viewing tools for comparative observation of multiple series, T2, ADC, DWI, DCE, and time intensity curves.
In addition to these new applications, Synapse 3D delivers a comprehensive suite of applications consisting of general-use and specialty options for advanced image visualization and analysis. The software features Image Intelligence™ recognition technology that helps optimize processing capabilities, providing increased confidence in image assessment for providers. Designed with extensive clinical input, Synapse 3D incorporates intuitive, logical workflows that guide users to efficient and accurate results that can lead to improved patient outcomes.
To learn more or to schedule your demo, visit himss.fujimed.com today.
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and medical informatics solutions to meet the needs of healthcare facilities today and well into the future. From an unrivaled selection of digital x-ray systems, to the Synapse® brand of PACS, RIS and cardiovascular products, to advanced women’s health imaging systems, Fujifilm has products that are ideal for any size imaging environment. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. – Endoscopy supplies high quality, technologically advanced endoscopic imaging solutions and devices to the medical field. TeraMedica Division delivers healthcare informatics, and is the leading provider of vendor neutral, enterprise-wide solutions for unrestricted medical image management. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information please visit www.fujimed.com and www.fujifilmendoscopy.com.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings cutting-edge solutions to a broad range of global industries by leveraging its depth of knowledge and fundamental technologies developed in its relentless pursuit of innovation. Its proprietary core technologies contribute to the various fields including healthcare, graphic systems, highly functional materials, optical devices, digital imaging and document products. These products and services are based on its extensive portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic and imaging technologies. For the year ended March 31, 2018, the company had global revenues of $23.0 billion, at an exchange rate of 106 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.