Valhalla, N.Y. – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to introduce FUJINON XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR telephoto zoom lens (XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR). Engineered for photographers who rely on extreme zoom capabilities, even in the most challenging photographic situations. From distant wildlife to sprawling landscape photography, XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR is designed to create long-distance images with pinpoint accuracy.
“The outstanding coverage that is achievable with this lens places a range of far-reaching subjects–including wildlife, nature, and landscape details–firmly within frame,” said Victor Ha, vice president, Electronic Imaging and Optical Devices Divisions, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “An incredible focal range paired with fast, reliable autofocus, and a perfectly balanced, lightweight design removes barriers between photographers and their subjects, so their only limitation is their own creativity.”
The lens consists of 24 lens elements in 17 groups including three extra-low dispersion (ED) elements and four Super ED elements, to deliver an advanced level of image resolution edge to edge across the entire zoom range. Covering 35mm equivalent focal lengths of 229mm – 914mm, image makers can extend the reach of XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR through either FUJIFILM XF1.4X TC WR or FUJIFILM XF2X TC WR teleconverters. The lens’s longest focal length extends to 1200mm (35mm equivalent of 1828mm), closing distances in an instant.
The fast autofocus system, driven by a linear motor, attains precise focus quickly and accurately, even in the super-telephoto range, where focusing can be difficult due to a shallow depth of field.
Main XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR Product Features:
Fujifilm’s longest super-telephoto range delivers premium image quality
● HT-EBC coating, typically used on broadcast lenses, has been applied on all elements of XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR, to achieve high transmittance and low reflectance despite containing 24 lens elements.
● Compatible with FUJIFILM XF2X TC WR and XF1.4X TC WR.
○ XF2X TC WR - 300mm to 1200mm
(35mm equivalent focal lengths of 457mm – 1828mm
○ XF1.4 TC WR - 210mm to 900mm
(35mm equivalent focal lengths of 315mm - 1350mm
Rugged yet lightweight design to reduce user load, enabling extended shooting in a variety of situations
● XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR weighs just 3.5 pounds (1605g)1 despite being a super-telephoto zoom reaching up to 600mm. Two super ED elements are used to keep the lens barrel small, while maintaining an advanced level of image-resolving performance. The use of an Inner Zoom system means the lens barrel maintains a constant length at every focal length. This results in a lightweight lens that zooms easily with no shift in weight distribution.
● The lens body is matte silver to mitigate temperature increase under even the most challenging wildlife, nature, and landscape photography environments.
● Magnesium alloy is used for the internal base frame that supports the lens structure to maintain durability, while keeping the overall lens weight low.
● The lens barrel is weather-sealed at 19 locations for dust and weather-resistance and the ability to operate at temperatures down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10 degrees Celsius).
5-stop image stabilization mechanism
● XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR features a high-precision sensor and control system to deliver up to 5-stops2 of optical image stabilization, making it easier than ever to make images at even the super-telephoto range.
Diverse functions for fast and silent autofocus (AF) and easy AF operation
● XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR uses the Inner Focus system, which drives the lens with a linear motor to achieve fast and silent AF. Focus is attained in as fast as 0.25 seconds,3 even in the hard-to-focus super-telephoto range.
● The Focus Preset function ensures the lens remembers the focus setting for a location pre-defined with the SET button4. Users can keep creating images without having to re-adjust focus on a targeted subject.
● The Focus Limiter allows users to restrict the lens AF range. This can effectively shorten AF time when photographing a subject that is 16 feet (5 meters) away or more. The Focus Control button is conveniently located at the front edge of the lens barrel4. The Focus Select switch may be used for added operability of AF and focus lock.
Pricing and Availability
FUJIFILM XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR is expected to be available in early July 2022 at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $1,999 USD and $2,550 CAD. For more information on this lens, visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/lenses/xf150-600mmf56-8-r-lm-ois-wr/.
1 Without lens hood, lens cap, and tripod collar foot
2 Compliant with CIPA in pitch / yaw directions
3 AF speed measured at the telephoto end, using CIPA Guideline compliant measurement method, and when mounted on the FUJIFILM X-T4 mirrorless digital camera with Phase Detection AF activated and in High Performance Mode. The AF speed at the wide-angle end under the identical condition is approx. 0.15 seconds.
4 Fujifilm’s latest X Series digital camera firmware update must be downloaded to activate the lens Focus Preset function and the Focus Control button. An applicable firmware update for the FUJIFILM X-T4, FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-S10 digital cameras will be forthcoming.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; one-time-use cameras; and the popular INSTAX™ line of instant cameras and accessories. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, lenses, and content creation solutions, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars and other optical imaging solutions. The Industrial and Corporate New Business Development Division delivers new products derived from Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a range of FUJIFILM products and services in Canada.
For more information, please visit https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en/about/region, go to https://www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to https://www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, leverages its depth of knowledge and proprietary core technologies to deliver Value from Innovation in our products and services in the business segments of healthcare, materials, business innovation, and imaging. Our relentless pursuit of innovation is focused on providing social value and enhancing the lives of people worldwide. Fujifilm is committed to responsible environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information about Fujifilm’s Sustainable Value Plan 2030, click here.
For the year ended March 31, 2022, the company had global revenues of approximately 2.5 trillion yen (21 billion $USD at an exchange rate of 122 yen/dollar). For more information, please visit: https://www.fujifilmholdings.com.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation