Fujifilm Launches FP-Z8000: A Compact, Lightweight Ultra-Short Throw Projector
March 4, 2021
FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the FUJIFILM PROJECTOR Z8000 (FP-Z8000), joining the lineup of Z Series ultra-short throw projector.
“The FP-Z8000 is a high-brightness projector capable of projecting images in 8000 lumens (lm) of brightness,” said James Avato, vice president, sales and service, FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Optical Device division. “Its class-leading*1 compact and lightweight design accommodates installation in a wide variety of conditions. Images can be projected at various directions without having to move the main unit, and its ability to project large images at short distances enables spatial presentation that makes effective use of limited spaces.”
Fujifilm entered into the projector market in 2019 with the launch of the ultra-short throw “FUJIFILM PROJECTOR Z5000 (FP-Z5000),” equipped with a folded two-axial rotatable lens to project images to various directions without having to move the main unit.
- The main body is compact (18.1” W x 20.1” D x 6.4” H / (460mm W x 510mm D x 162.5mm H*2) and lightweight (weighing approximately 40.6 lbs. / 18.4kg) design. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally to enable spatial presentation that makes effective use of limited space.
- The projector’s ultra-short throw lens projects dynamic 100-inch images from a close-up distance of 28.3” (72cm).
- The projector features a Lens Shift function of up to 70% vertically and 35% horizontally*3, making it easy to adjust where projected images should be shown across a wide range. The function makes it easy to shift the position of projected images across a wide range without having to change the location of the main unit or direction of the lens. Furthermore, its 1.1x optical zoom capability means the size of projected images can be adjusted easily. This optical zoom capability can be combined with the Lens Shift function to enable efficient image adjustments.
- The projector supports zero-offset projection, eliminating the offset that occurs in conventional mirror-system ultra-short throw projectors to allow maximum use of projection surfaces in spatial presentation.
- The FP-Z8000 has the warping function*4, which corrects distortion caused when projecting images on a curved surface, enabling spatial presentation on curved walls.
- When up to four FP‑Z8000 projectors are used in combination to project a single larger image, Edge Blending function*4 helps adjust the joins. Images thrown by the projectors can be naturally stitched together to produce dynamic images on a massive screen.
- The projector offers interfaces including HDMI that supports 4K signal input*5 as well as DisplayPortTM and 3G-SDI.
*1 Among ultra-short throw projectors equipped with a laser light source capable of projecting images in brightness of 8000lm or above (TR value of 0.4 or below) as of March 4, 2021 according to Fujifilm. The Throw Ratio (TR) value represents the ratio between the screen's width and projection distance. The smaller the TR value is, the closer the projector can throw large images onto a screen.
*2 Dimensions of the main body, excluding protruded sections and adjustment leg, with the lens folded in.
*3 A function that allows the user to adjust the position of projected images vertically and horizontally without having to move the main unit or change the lens’s direction. The percentage figures indicate the range of vertical and horizontal repositioning of projected images in relation to the height and width of an image projected on the screen when Lens Shift function is turned off.
*4 The warping function can be used from the dedicated application of FP-Z8000.
*5 The port accepts 4K signal input and outputs images with a resolution of up to 1920 x 1080 (full HD).
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; one-time-use cameras; and the popular INSTAX™ line of instant cameras and accessories. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, lenses, and content creation solutions, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars and other optical imaging solutions. The Industrial and Corporate New Business Development Division delivers new products derived from Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a range of FUJIFILM products and services in Canada.
For more information, please visit https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en, go to https://www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to https://www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to like Fujifilm on Facebook.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings cutting edge solutions to a broad range of global industries by leveraging its depth of knowledge and fundamental technologies developed in its relentless pursuit of innovation. Its proprietary core technologies contribute to the various fields including healthcare, graphic systems, highly functional materials, optical devices, digital imaging and document products. These products and services are based on its extensive portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic and imaging technologies. For the year ended March 31, 2020, the company had global revenues of $21 billion, at an exchange rate of 109 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to responsible environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: https://www.fujifilmholdings.com
FUJIFILM is a trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation and its affiliates.
© 2021 FUJIFILM North America Corporation. All rights reserved.
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation