Fujifilm Announces First Quarter 2019 Fujifilm Masterpiece Award Winners
May 6, 2019
Valhalla, New York – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is excited to announce the first quarter 2019 winners of the FUJIFILM Masterpiece Award for photographic excellence at the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) affiliate print competitions. This award is administered by state and regional affiliates of the PPA exclusively for the members of these organizations, and is available to affiliates in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The FUJIFILM Masterpiece Award is the highest honor for PPA print competitions that is given by Fujifilm. The award is given for prints in three separate categories–Wedding, Portrait and Illustrative–that reflect the highest level of professional photography. Only prints with scores above 80 meet the criteria for the award.
The following photographers have been awarded the FUJIFILM Masterpiece Award via their local chapters of the PPA:
- Della Watters, of WatterWorks and Company, Everett, Pennsylvania, is a member of PPA of Pennsylvania. Her image, “Beautiful Blossom”, earned a score of 80 and was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Super Type PDN paper by Color Pro Photo Lab of Grandville, Michigan.
North Central District:
- Sarah Seeley, of Seeley Photography, Dubuque, Iowa, is a member of PPA of Iowa. Her image, “Walking on Water”, earned a score of 92 and was printed on Fujifilm Inkjet Photo Paper, Glossy 240, by Downtown Photo of Crystal Lake, Illinois.
- Jamie Steeno, of Jamie’s Fine Art and Photography, Green Bay, Wisconsin, is a member of the Wisconsin PPA. Jamie’s image, “Fall Cascade”, earned a score of 86 and was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Pearl Paper by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Kelly Schneider, of KS Fine Arts, Accokeek, Maryland, is a member of the Maryland PPA. Kelly’s images, “Eyes Wide Shut”, earned a score of 95, and “Majestic Bride”, earned a score of 81. Both images were printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Super Type PDN paper by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Chris Paulis, of Chris Paulis Photography, Ellicott City, Maryland, is also a member of the Maryland PPA. Chris’s image, “Winter Pasture”, earned a score of 90 and was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Super Type PDN paper by BWC Printmakers of Richardson, Texas.
- Cindy Dover, of Cindy Dover Photography, Corinth, Kentucky, is a member of the Kentucky PPA, and her image, “Now and Forever”, earned a score of 83. The image was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Pearl Paper by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Andrea Schuler, of Abilene Portraits, Abilene, Texas, is a member of the Texas PPA, and her image, “Master Craftsman”, earned a score of 81. The image was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Color Paper Type CA by Richmond Professional Lab of Richmond, Virginia.
- Harmony Jones of Harmony and Nick Portrait Artists, Blackfoot, Idaho, is a member of PPA of Idaho. Her image, “Pantomime Playmate”, earned a score of 89 and was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Deep Matte Velvet Paper by Miller’s Professional Imaging of Columbia, Missouri.
- Kimberly Pezeshki, of Pez Photography, Laramie, Wyoming, is a member of the Wyoming PPA. Her image, “Angel of Despair”, earned a score of 92 and was printed on Fujicolor Quality Paper Digital Pro by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Rebecca Pickrel, of Pickrel Photography, Sheridan, Wyoming, is also a member of the Wyoming PPA. Her image, “They Never Looked Back”, earned a score of 82 and was printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Digital Pearl Paper by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
Fujifilm is proud to honor photographers who strive to create images of excellence and distinction with this award and to work with PPA to recognize these incredibly distinguished professionals.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; and one-time-use cameras; and also markets motion picture archival film and on-set color management solutions to the motion picture, broadcast and production industries. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars. The Industrial and Corporate New Business Development Division delivers new products derived from Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a range of Fujifilm products and services in Canada. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.com/us/en, go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilm.com/us/en/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings cutting-edge solutions to a broad range of global industries by leveraging its depth of knowledge and fundamental technologies developed in its relentless pursuit of innovation. Its proprietary core technologies contribute to the various fields including healthcare, graphic systems, highly functional materials, optical devices, digital imaging and document products. These products and services are based on its extensive portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic and imaging technologies. For the year ended March 31, 2018, the company had global revenues of $23.0 billion, at an exchange rate of 106 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.