Fujifilm Announces Second Quarter 2019 Fujifilm Masterpiece Award Winners
August 5, 2019
August 5, 2019, Valhalla, New York – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is excited to announce the second quarter 2019 winners of the FUJIFILM Masterpiece Award for photographic excellence at the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) affiliate print image competitions. This award is administered by state and regional affiliates of the PPA exclusively for the members of these organizations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The FUJIFILM Masterpiece Award is the highest honor given in connection with the PPA image competitions by Fujifilm. The award is given for images in three separate categories–Wedding, Portrait and Illustrative–that reflect the highest level of professional photography. Only photographic images with scores above 80 (out of 100) meet the criteria for the award.
The following photographers have been awarded the FUJIFILM Masterpiece Award for Q2 2019, via their local chapters of the PPA:
- Aaron Beale, of A.R. Beale Photography, Enola, Pennsylvania, is a member of PPA of Pennsylvania. His image, “The Trapper”, earned a score of 82 and was printed on FUJICOLOR Crystal Archive Digital Pearl Paper by Bay Photo of Scotts Valley, California.
- Constance Sanders, of Constance Sanders Photography, Bellevue, Kentucky, is a member of the Kentucky PPA. Constance’s image, “I’m All Ears”, earned a score of 80, and was printed on FUJICOLOR Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type CN by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Suzanne Deaton, of Suzanne Deaton Photography, Hazard, Kentucky, is also a member of the Kentucky PPA. Suzanne’s image, “Rapunzel’s Curse”, earned a score of 96 and was printed on FUJICOLOR Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type CN by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Chris Wooley, of Heads and Tails Photography, Spokane, Washington, is a member of PPA of Washington. His image, “The Colorization of George B. Miles - 1891”, earned a score of 85 and was printed on FUJICOLOR Crystal Archive Digital Pearl Paper by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Jenni Knezovich, of Fotos by Jenni, Rock Springs, Wyoming, is a member of the Wyoming PPA. Her images, “Lady in Red”, and “Teensy Kittles”, earned scores of 80 and 84 respectively, and were printed on FUJICOLOR Crystal Archive Professional Paper Super Type CN by American Color Imaging of Cedar Falls, Iowa.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; and one-time-use cameras; and also markets motion picture archival film and on-set color management solutions to the motion picture, broadcast and production industries. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars. The Industrial and Corporate New Business Development Division delivers new products derived from Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. sells and markets a range of Fujifilm products and services in Canada. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.com/us/en, go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings cutting-edge solutions to a broad range of global industries by leveraging its depth of knowledge and fundamental technologies developed in its relentless pursuit of innovation. Its proprietary core technologies contribute to the various fields including healthcare, graphic systems, highly functional materials, optical devices, digital imaging and document products. These products and services are based on its extensive portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic and imaging technologies. For the year ended March 31, 2018, the company had global revenues of $23.0 billion, at an exchange rate of 106 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.