Fujifilm launches FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS-X 1440
October 1, 2019
- Introducing 14x magnification binoculars that deliver bright, clear and stabilized view
- Flagship model boasting the world's best*1 image stabilization and excellent optical performance
- Two compact and lightweight models with 12x and 16x magnification meet a wide range of needs
Tokyo, October 1, 2019 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) announces the launch of the FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS-X 1440 (“TS-X 1440”), a flagship model of the FUJINON TECHNO-STABI Series of binoculars, on November 29, 2019. The TS-X 1440 is 14x magnification binoculars offering the world's best*1 vibration correction*2 of ±6° and outstanding optical performance. Its bright, clear and stabilized view makes it a perfect choice for wildlife and astronomical observation.
Fujifilm also releases two compact and lightweight models, FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS12x28 (12x magnification) (“TS12x28”) and FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS16-28 (16x magnification) (“TS16x28”) at the same time to establish an extensive lineup that caters to the needs of a wide range of users.
Binoculars are used in a variety of applications, e.g. observing wildlife / astronomy and spectating sporting and live music events. Fujifilm utilizes its outstanding optical and mechanical design technologies to develop high-performance and high-quality products, including large binoculars that contributed to the discovery of the Comet Hyakutake as well as compact binoculars for day-to-day casual use.
The TS-X 1440 is 14x magnification stabilized binoculars with the vibration correction of ±6°. The use of the large objective lens elements *3 with the effective diameter*4 of 40mm achieves an advanced level of light-gathering power. Fujifilm's unique “EBC Multi-Coating” is applied to control flare, ghosting and chromatic aberration while enhancing light transmittance to provide a bright and clear view. The stylish and easy-grip design is combined with water-resistant construction, making them easy to use and highly reliable. The TS-X 1440 is perfect for observing nature and wildlife from a boat or car, and can be used for astronomical observation in low-light conditions.
The TS12x28 and the TS16x28 are binoculars with the magnification of 12x and 16x respectively. Both of the products pack excellent image-stabilizing performance with the vibration correction of ±3° in their compact and lightweight body. In sporting or live music events, they allow users to enjoy the movements of an athlete in the distance or the facial expressions of an artist on stage.
Fujifilm has tapped into its optical, high precision forming and assembling technologies, nurtured over many years, to develop a wide range of products including broadcast lenses, surveillance cameras, projectors and binoculars. The company will continue to develop and supply innovative products to meet diversifying market needs.
1. Product name, release date and price
|Product name||Release date||Price|
|FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS-X 1440 binoculars||November 29, 2019||Open|
|FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS12x28 binoculars|
|FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS16x28 binoculars|
2. Product features
FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS-X 1440
(1) 14x magnification binoculars offering the world's best vibration correction angle of ±6°
- The TS-X 1440 features an image-stabilizing function, based on Fujifilm's optical and mechanical design technologies nurtured with its development of interchangeable lenses for digital cameras and broadcast lenses. The use of a gyro sensor enables accurate detection of even the smallest of vibrations and controls the prism inside the body at a high level of precision to achieve the vibration correction angle of ±6°. Despite its high 14x magnification, the binoculars allow users to see a distant object with minimal shake.
- Tracking response, which typically occurs when the binoculars are panned horizontally, is well-improved.
(2) Outstanding optical performance
- The use of the large objective lens elements with the effective diameter of 40mm achieves an advanced level of light-gathering power. The company's unique “EBC Multi-Coating” is applied to control flare and ghosting while enhancing light transmittance to provide a bright view. That means they can be used for astronomical observation in low-light conditions.
- Chromatic aberration is controlled by optimally positioning four objective lens elements in three groups and six ocular lens elements in four groups. This delivers edge-to-edge sharpness.
(3) Stylish design providing a firm grip
- The TS-X 1440 has a stylish appearance with beautiful rounded edges. Slip-resistant rubber coats the entire body so that users can enjoy a firm grip with both hands. The binoculars offer great operability due to the optimized positioning of diopter rings and On/Off switches for power and image stabilization.
(4) water-resistant construction for added reliability
- The TS-X 1440's water-resistant construction and floating design means users can use them for whale watching at the sea, for example, with peace of mind.
FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS12x28 and FUJINON TECHNO-STABI TS16x28
(1) Excellent image stabilization function in the compact and lightweight body
- The two models pack excellent image stabilization function with ±3° vibration correction in the compact and lightweight body. They can be used comfortably for spectating sporting or live music events.
TS12x28: Weighing 485g with 12x magnification
TS16x28: Weighing 560g with 16x magnification
(2) Sophisticated design
- The oval-shaped body features a protrusion at the center to make it easy and comfortable to hold.
- The entire body is covered with rubber, finished in a leather-like coarse embossed texture. The metal rings at the front body are finished with black-alumite treatment for premium black look and a luxurious shimmer.