Fujifilm releases FUJINON Lens GF30mmF3.5 R WR
- A compact wide-angle prime lens delivering amazing image sharpness
- A new addition to interchangeable lens lineup for the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras with ultra-high image resolution supporting 100MP+ sensor
June 30, 2020
Tokyo, June 30, 2020 ― FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce that it will release the wide-angle prime lens, “FUJINON Lens GF30mmF3.5 R WR”, in late July 2020. It will be a new addition to the lineup of interchangeable GF lenses designed for the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras, incorporating the large format sensor*1, about 1.7 times larger than a full-frame 35mm sensor.
The GF30mmF3.5 R WR lens, the 12th GF lens in its lineup, has the maximum aperture of F3.5 and the focal length of 30mm (equivalent to 24mm in the 35mm film format). It realizes ultra-high resolution that captures images in finest detail and compact design that offers excellent portability. Users can carry it everywhere with ease to take high-quality pictures, making it a perfect choice for snapshots in streets and landscape photography at travel destinations.
GF lenses are Fujifilm's highest-grade lenses that deliver ultra-high resolution performance and wide tonal reproduction. GF lenses use Fujifilm's exceptional optical design technology and production technology that processes lens surfaces with the precision at a submicron level, fostered through the development of FUJINON Lenses. When mounted on the FUJIFILM GFX100, released in June last year, GF lenses bring out the full performance of its 102MP image sensor, delivering high-quality imagery previously unheard of in the industries by utilizing Fujifilm's unparalleled color reproduction technology.
The new GF30mmF3.5 R WR lens is optically designed with 13 lens elements in 10 groups, including two aspherical elements and two ED elements to control spherical aberration and chromatic aberration achieving astonishing image sharpness. Its compact design, weighing just 510g and measuring 99.4mm in length, provides excellent portability. In addition, the lens is dust and weather resistant and capable of operation in temperatures down to -10°C, facilitating photography in light rain or in dusty outdoor areas. These features make GF30mmF3.5 R WR highly reliable equipment suitable for professional photographers. The use of the Inner Focus system*2 enables fast, quiet and highly accurate autofocus (AF). The design also reduces focus breathing*3 to just 0.05%, making the lens perfect for shooting both stills and video.
Fujifilm offers 12 lenses, including the new GF30mmF3.5 R WR lens, and a wide range of accessories to cover a broad range of shooting conditions from wide angle to telephoto, giving photographers’ pleasure of photography with the GFX Series products.
- (1) Astonishing image quality
- The new GF30mmF3.5 R WR lens is optically designed with 13 lens elements in 10 groups, including two aspherical elements and two ED elements to thoroughly control spherical aberration and chromatic aberration. The design effectively corrects distortion*4, which wide angle lenses are prone to, to deliver astonishing image sharpness, capturing a subject in amazing detail.
- (2) Compact design for excellent portability
- The new GF30mmF3.5 R WR lens is compactly designed, measuring 84mm in maximum diameter and 99.4mm in length and weighing 510g. It is a perfect lens to carry and walk around with. In addition, it is stylishly designed to sit well in users’ hands for a comfortable shooting experience.
- (3) Highly robust design appropriate for Various Shooting Environments
- Sealing has been applied to the lens in nine different locations to ensure dust and weather resistance. It also operates at temperatures of down to -10℃, facilitating photography in light rain or in dusty outdoor areas.
- (4) Fast, Quiet and Highly-accurate AF
- The use of the Inner Focus system enables fast, quiet and highly accurate AF. The design also reduces focus breathing to just 0.05%, making the lens perfect for video shooting as well.
FUJIFILM Corporate Communications Division