Flenex water-washable flexo plate system is new system that provides the highest print quality and productivity, while significantly lowering the cost-in-use compared to thermal, solvent or other water-wash plate technologies.
The key benefits of FLENEX water-washable plates
- Total platemaking time under 40 minutes
- Highest flexo quality (up to 175lpi, 1% process dot)
- More output per shift for class-leading productivity
Flenex photopolymer plates contain a special rubber-based compound that offers a number of inherent advantages over other elastomeric materials from which most other flexo plates are made. In particular, rubber is not oxygen sensitive, which minimises the effect oxygen in the air has on the dot shape and the complexity of the system to eliminate oxygen from the plate production process. The other advantages of a rubber-based plate material include:
- Reduced dot gain
- Better ink transfer for cleaner, brighter print results
- Faster exposure and washout times
- Much more durable
- Mild washout with water and dishwasher soap
- Reduced plate swell
Flenex plates are compatible with leading Flexo LAM CTP devices such as Screen PlateRite FX, Esko CDI and Xeikon ThermoflexX Series as well as with the main water wash processors in the industry.
Both the analogue and digital versions of Flenex can be used with any UV, water-based or solvent-based inks.