Please read the followings and update the firmware.
- · Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the "Control" key and "F5" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the "Command" key and "R" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (FireFox), hold down the "Command", "Shift" and "R" keys at same time.
- · The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 1.02.
- * Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmwawre version.
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver. 1.02 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. We identified the phenomena below, which could arise in rare instances when certain EF-X500 units are in stand-by mode and when a communication error occurs between the camera and this flash unit.
The phenomena below could occur in the aforementioned instances:
1. The applicable EF-X500 flash unit does not properly respond to turn on from stand-by mode.
2. The alkaline batteries may become increasingly hot. If you try to take the batteries out of the EF-X500 flash unit without turning the flash off and/or disconnecting the flash unit from the camera and letting the batteries cool down, a skin burn could occur.
A firmware update is now available to address and prevent this potential occurrence in relevant EF-X500 units.
The serial numbers of the flashes which requires this firmware update can be checked in the searching form from the link below .
<How to upgrade the firmware>
･For EF-X500 owners who have X-T1, X-T2 or X-Pro2.
Update the firmware for X-T1,X-T2 or X-Pro2 first, then upgrade the firmware for EF-X500.
･For EF-X500 owners who do not have the X-T1, X-T2 nor X-Pro2
Please contact your local FUJIFILM support center.
Firmware update steps
Summary of firmware update steps
- 1. Attach the flash to the camera and turn on the flash.
- 2. Check the firmware version.
- 3. Prepare a formatted memory card.
- 4. Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- 5. Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
Detail of firmware update steps
Please refer to the steps below about necessities and steps for firmware update.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- 4.Firmware updating requires approximately 60 seconds.
- 5.Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- 6.Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.