The firmware update Ver.5.01 from Ver.5.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. The functions allocated to the Front command dial are added which became disable when the firmware was upgraded to ver.5.00 from ver.4.31.
- 2. The functionality when using with a flash is improved.
The firmware update Ver.5.00 from Ver.4.31 incorporates the following issues:
For detail about added and changed functions below, refer to "X-T1 New Features Guide[Ver.5.00]".
- 1. Compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
Additional functions like the multi-flash lighting, high-speed flash sync and so on can be used with the EF-X500.
Accordingly, the FLASH SETTING and the Shooting Menu is dramatically changed.
- 2. The items that can be assigned to the Quick Menu have changed.
FLASH FUNCTION SETTINGS and FLASH COMPENSATION have been added due to the compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
- 3. The roles that can be assigned to the Function buttons have changed.
FLASH FUNCTION SETTINGS, TTL-LOCK and MODELING FLASH have been added due to the compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500.
The firmware update Ver.4.31 from Ver.4.30 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. The accuracy of Manual focus adjustment will be enhanced when using lenses below.
XF35mmF2 R WR / XF90mmF2 R LM WR / XF10-24mmF4 R OIS / XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR /
XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS / XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR / XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR /
XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS / XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR / XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II /
XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS II
* It is necessary to upgrade the firmware of lenses above at the same time.
The firmware update Ver. 4.30 from Ver.4.21 incorporates the following issues:
For detail about all the functions of No. 1-6, refer to "X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition New Features Guide[Ver.4.30]".
X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition New Features Guide[Ver.4.30]
- 1.Using a flashgun in Bracketing / Continuous shooting.
Optional flashguns can be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
- 2. Instant AF Setting in manual focus
Focus and exposure can be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
- 3. AF+MF operation with AF-L button
The AF-L button can be used to lock focus in AF+MF mode and you can adjust the focus more accurately using the lens's focusing ring.
- 4. Focus zoom in AF+MF
The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can focus using the lens's focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
- 5. Additional Custom Display options
Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu.
Additional Items: FOCUS FRAME / CONTINUOUS MODE / SHOOTING MODE / DUAL IS MODE / INFORMATION BACKGROUND / MOVIE MODE / FOCUS MODE / BLUR WARNING / SHUTTER TYPE
- 6. The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
- 7. Supports focus limiter function for XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
- 8. In AF-C mode, freeze will happen on certain conditions. (Solution for the issues of Firmware Ver. 4.20)
The firmware update Ver. 4.21 from Ver.4.20 incorporates the following issues:
- We have found a malfunction in the firmware ver.4.20 launched on December 17 2015.
This firmware is a tentative solution and its function is same as the previous version of 4.10.
If you have upgraded your camera to ver.4.20, please update it again to ver.4.21 to avoid
The firmware update Ver. 4.10 from Ver.4.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Addition of compatibility with "XF35mmF2 R WR"
AF function will work more naturally and smoothly with "XF35mmF2 R WR".
- 2. Addition of compatibility with Teleconverter "XF1.4X TC WR"
Function with the combination of "XF1.4X TC WR" and "XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR" will be fully performed and values of aperture and focal length will be displayed correctly.
* Upgrade the firmware of a camera to the latest version first and then upgrade the firmware of your lens for Tele Conversion Lenses.
The firmware update Ver.4.00 from Ver.3.11 incorporates the following issues:
- * Previous update items will be also updated with the latest version of the firmware. Refer to "Firmware update history" below about the previous items.
For detail about functions of No. 1-1), 3), 4) and 2-1), 2), 4), refer to "X-T1/X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition New Features Guide [Ver.4.00]".
- 1. New AF System
- (1)Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects The AF System complements the fast and accurate 49-single-point autofocus system with new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes, which use 77 autofocus points across a wider area to substantially improve the camera's ability to capture moving subjects.
- (2)Improvement of AF accuracy Single-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low- contrast subjects.
- (3)Eye detection AF The firmware update provides Fujifilm's Eye Detection AF, which automatically detects and focuses on human eyes.The function allows you to easily focus on the eyes even in difficult conditions.
- (4)Auto Macro mode The firmware update introduces the Auto Macro function, which automatically switches the camera into the Macro mode while maintaining the conventional AF speed. You no longer have to press the Macro button to initiate a close-up shot. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button. (Just after this update, the function will be assigned to AF mode selection.)
- (5)AF improvement in the Movie mode The optimized algorithm delivers a more natural and smooth AF action during movie recording.
- 2. Improvements
- (1)Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation When the Shutter Speed Dial is set to T and the Shutter Type to Mechanical + Electronic, you can use the command dial to set a full range of exposure times from 30-1/32000sec. Previously, this was limited to 30-2 seconds. This is particularly useful when shooting in the portrait orientation with the Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT1 attached.
- (2)Exposure Compensation control in Manual You can use the Exposure Compensation dial to make exposure adjustments while shooting in the Manual exposure mode with the ISO Auto setting.
- (3)Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibility The lines on the framing grid, which you can choose to display in the Screen Set-Up menu, have been made finer making it easier to view the subject.
- (4)Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion The Silent Mode has been renamed to "SOUND & FLASH OFF" .
- 3. Other
- (1)If you use the "Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 for Windows®Ver1.1", it is required to be updated.
The firmware update Ver. 3.11 from Ver. 3.10 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Addition of the compatibility with the "Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.1".
*If you don't use the Tethered Capture Plug-in, you don't need to upgrade the firmware.
The firmware update Ver. 3.10 from Ver. 3.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Improvement of the flash function when "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected
An external non-TTL flash will fire when the "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected in the "SHUTTER TYPE" option of the SHOOTING MENU.
If "S (Shutter-Priority)" or "M (Manual Exposure)" mode is selected, set the shutter speed to 1/180 sec. or slower.
- 2. Improvement of the Wi-Fi function when "FUJIFILM PC AutoSave" is used
The phenomenon is fixed that Wi-Fi communication with "FUJIFILM PC AutoSave" stops at the moment the LCD turns off
- 3. Improvement of the display for the "USB MODE" in the SET-UP menu
1) When "PC SHOOT FIXED" is selected, the warning of "IMAGES ARE NOT SAVED IN THE CARD" appears
2) In case that "PC SHOOT FIXED" is selected in the "USB MODE" and the camera is not connected to a PC via a USB cable, you cannot turn off the camera when you turn the ON/OFF switch to the OFF positon or remove the lens from the camera becasue the camera stays in the waiting mode for image transfer.
With this upgrade, the message below will appear to confirm whether you stop the image transfer to the PC or not in such operations. If you press "OK" button, the camera will turn off without recording images.
The firmware update Ver. 3.00 from Ver.1.10 (X-T1) / 2.00 (X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition) incorporates the following issues (X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition):
- 1. High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec. (This function is incorporated in X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.)
The FUJINON XF Lens series lineup includes a number of fast fixed focal length lenses which boast very high sharpness with the aperture wide open, producing excellent out of focus "bokeh". However, fast apertures are difficult to use if the light is too bright, so to ensure users can create shallow depth-of-field effects, the camera is now equipped with a fully electronic shutter offering a maximum shutter speed of 1/32000sec. The mechanical shutter will not operate at all when any speed for the electronic shutter is selected, which also delivers a completely silent shooting experience; perfect for shots of sleeping children, pets, weddings, and more. In addition, it is possible to set the electronic shutter in 1/3 steps from a range of 1sec to 1/32000sec.
[How to set]
Select "ELECTRONIC SHUTTER" or "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" of the new "SHUTTER TYPE" option in the shooting menu.
Shutter speeds faster than 1/4000 sec can be chosen by rotating the shutter speed dial to 4000 and then rotating the command dial.
*Some functions are restricted when the"ELECTRONIC SHUTTER" or "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected.
- The shutter speed and sensitivity are restricted to values of 1/32000-1 sec and ISO 6400-200 respectively.
- Regardless of the option selected, the mechanical shutter is used for motion panoramas.
- In the burst mode, focus and exposure are fixed at the values for the first shot in each burst.
- In the range where the electronic shutter works, the long exposure noise reduction doesn't work.
- When the "ES ELECTRONIC SHUTTER" is selected, the FLASH MODE is fixed to the "SUPPRESSED FLASH".
- When the "MS MECHANICAL+ES ELECTRONIC" is selected, the mechanical shutter is automatically selected for a TTL flash to fire if flash firing is required. With a non-TTL flash, the flash doesn't fire in the mode. So use the flash in the "MS MECHANICAL SHUTTER" mode.
*In X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition, a flash is suppressed if "MS MECHANICAL+ES ELECTRONIC" is selected. With this upgraded firmware, the mechanical shutter is automatically selected in the mode for a TTL flash to fire if flash firing is required.
*Notice when using the electronic shutter.
- Distortion may be visible in shots of moving subjects.
- Band-like unevenness may occur in shots taken under fluorescent lights, other flickering or erratic illumination.
- 2. Shutter Sound
The shutter sound can be muted if desired. (This function is incorporated in X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.)
[How to set]
Select the new "SHUTTER SOUND" and "SHUTTER VOLUME" options in the setup menu to choose the type and volume of the sound made when the shutter is released.
- When taking pictures with the shutter muted, respect your subjects' image rights and right to privacy.
- 3. Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode brings more creative power to the X Series
(This function is incorporated in X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.)
The X Series' Film Simulation modes represent Fujifilm's wealth of experience in color reproduction technology. New to the suite of effects is Classic Chrome, which delivers subtle colors and beautifully muted tones reminiscent of vintage reversal film. Using Classic Chrome on cityscapes, for example, will give shots a historic feel, while fashion photos gain an emotive, nostalgic look. Classic Chrome strengthens the film simulation line up and enhances the creative power of the X-T1.
[How to set]
Select the "CLASSIC CHROME" option of the "FILM SIMULATION" in the shooting menu.
- 4. Natural Live View function is just like the naked eye.
One of the great benefits of an electronic viewfinder is that 'what you see is what you get'; the final image is displayed in real-time so any Film Simulation modes or other effects can be checked while shooting. But users sometimes need to see colors close to how they're viewed with an optical finder, or to focus on shadow detail, which some high-contrast effects block out. To aid this, the Natural Live View function has been added and, when "PREVIEW PIC. EFFECT" is turned Off in the menu, an image close to the naked eye is displayed during live view.
[How to set]
Select "ON" in the "PREVIEW PIC. EFFECT" of the new "SCREEN SET-UP" in the setup menu.
- 5. EVF / LCD Color Control
"EVF COLOR" and "LCD COLOR" options in the setup menu to adjust the hue of the electronic viewfinder and LCD monitor.
[How to set]
Select the "EVF COLOR" and "LCD COLOR" options of the new "SCREEN SET-UP" in the setup menu.
- 6. AF+MF
"AF+MF" function enables seamless manual focusing. After half pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustment can then be made using the manual focus ring.
- 7. Direct selection of AF area
The update will let users select the focus area using the 4-way controller, without pressing the Fn key.
[How to set]
Select the "FOCUS AREA" in the "SELECTOR BUTTON SETTIG" of the "BUTTON / DIAL SETTING" in the Setup Menu.
- 8. Unlocked AE-L / AF-L Buttons
The function of the AE-L / AF-L button is currently locked, but will be interchangeable, depending on the user's preference.
[How to set]
Select the "AE-L / AF-L BUTTON SETTIG" of the "BUTTON / DIAL SETTING" in the Setup Menu.
- 9. Change the size of the Focus frame in the Manual Focus
In the Manual Focus mode, the size of the Focus frame for Instant AF can be changed by the command dial.
- 10. Direct selection of Macro mode
"ON" or "OFF" of Macro mode can be directly selected without using the shooting menu.
- 11. Q. Menu customization
To make the Q Menu (used for quick access of frequently-used items) even more efficient, the update will allow its items and layout to be changed to the user's preference.
[How to set]
1. Select the "EDIT / SAVE QUICK MENU" in the setup menu (or pressing Q button for a while).
2. Highlight the item you wish to change and press the MENU / OK button.
3. You will be given choices of items to assign to the selected position in the quick menu.
*Select the "NONE" to assign no item to the selected position.
- 12. New Video Frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
As well as the existing 60fps and 30fps selections, 50fps, 25fps and 24fps options will be available with the update. 50 fps and 25 fps allow video editing in the PAL regions, such as Europe, without converting the frame rate. 24fps offers a cinema-like view.
- 13. Manual Shooting in Video mode
The update will enable ISO sensitivity selection prior to shooting videos, as well as the ability to adjust aperture and shutter speed during movie recording.
- 14. Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
In Instant AF mode, which is operated by pressing the AF-L button during manual focusing, the update will enable Phase Detection AF, providing faster focusing speeds.
- 15. Interlocking of Metering and Focus areas
Users will be able to interlock the AF area position with the Metering area when Spot Metering mode is selected.
[How to set]
Select "ON" in the "INTERLOCK SPOT AE & FOCUS AREA" of the shooting menu.
- 16. Expansion of shutter speed in Program Shift mode
In the current Program Shift mode, the slowest-speed setting is 1/4sec., but this will increase to a maximum of 4secs.
- 17. Addition of options in Function(Fn) setting
Add "Flash compensation", "Shutter type", "Preview Pic. Effect", "Preview EXP. / WB in Manual mode" and "Lock" in "Function" Setting
- 18. instax Printer Print
Photos can be directly sent from the camera to the Fujifilm instax SHARE Smartphone Printer to instantly print on Fujifilm Instant Color Film "instax mini".
[How to set]
Type a printer name(SSID) and a password in the "instax PRINTER CONNECTION SETTING" of "CONNECTION SETTING" in the Setup Menu.
* For detail, please refer to "Printing from a Digital Camera to an instax SHARE Printer" (PDF:1.63MB).
- 19. Lock Function
Add software lock function during shooting mode. The update will let users prevent from the unexpected dial/button operation.
[How to set]
Select the "ALL FUNCTION" or "the SELECTED FUNCTION" in the "LOCK SETTING" of the "LOCK" in the Setup Menu.
Select the function you wish to lock in the "FUNCTION SETTING" before the "SELECTED FUNCTION" is selected.
- 20. Three Custom White Balance
Expand the number of CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE from one to three.
By registering different conditions in advance of the shooting, users can change white balance conditions quickly.
- 21. Expand EVF / LCD displaying types in manual exposure mode
In manual exposure mode, the EVF / LCD are displayed with previewing set shooting conditions.
To display, along with a mode of ignoring exposure condition, users will be able to select a mode of ignoring white balance condition.
The update will let users expand variations of external flash photography especially with modeling lights of different color temperature.
By registering the function to the Fn button, users will be able to change settings in quick operations.
[How to set]
According to your shooting condition, select one of the "PREVIEW EXP. / WB", "PREVIEW WB" and "OFF" in the "PREVIEW EXP. / WB IN MANUAL MODE" of the "SCREEN SET-UP" in the Setup Menu. In shooting with a flash, "OFF" mode let you view objects with appropriate exposure and white balance.
- 22. PC tethered shooting support
New HS-V5 software (optional accessory) allows users to tether and control the camera from the PC and transfer images shot on the camera over to the PC automatically.
[How to set]
Select the mode you wish to use in the "USB MODE" of the Setup Menu.
*For detail, please refer to the Help page of HS-V5 on this website.
When HS-V5 is not used, select MTP(PTP). If other modes are selected, images are not recorded in a memory card and images are not transferred to a PC via a USB cable. In case of "PC SHOOT FIXED", you cannot turn off a camera until image transfer is completed via a USB cable with the HS-V5. (Default : MTP(PTP))
- 23. Change the function of FACE DETECTION in Focus-Frame Selection AF
When a face is detected, the Focus frame is shown on the face. Otherwise, the position of the Focus frame doesn't move.
- 24. When pressing AE-L button, exposure is reflected to the live view.
- 25. When AF is locked by pressing AF-L button, the AF lock is held during zooming.
- 26. Add the icon to show RAW shooting is not available when an expanded sensitivity range is selected in RAW shooting. (Currently, the RAW icon disapppears.)
- 27. The settings below in the Setup menu are changed from the description on the Owner's Manual.
The following settings move into the new "BUTTON / DIAL SETTING" in the Setup menu.
The following settings move into the new "CONNECTION SETTING" in the Setup menu.
- "FUNCTION(Fn) SETTING"
- "COMMAND DIAL SETTING"
- "WIRELESS SETTING"
- "PC AUTO SAVE SETTING"
- "GEOTAGGING SET-UP"
The firmware update Ver. 1.10 from Ver. 1.00 incorporates the following issues (X-T1 only):
- 1. Addition of compatibility with "XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR"
- To ensure that autofocus performs as expected, upgrade the firmware for the camera.
- 2. Improvement of "Exposure compensation/exposure indicator" in EVF
- Values are added to the scales of the indicator for better visibility.
- 3. Improvement of Movie-record button operability
- To avoid an accidental movie shooting, the delayed time will become longer between the moment you press the button and a movie shooting starts or ends.
- 4. The phenomenon is fixed that images are not recorded with the set interval when "INTERVAL" in "INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING" is set to 5 sec or less. In this case, the setting of "IMAGE DISP." in "SCREEN SET-UP" will change to "OFF" automatically.