Please read the followings and update the firmware.
- · Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, hold down the control key and press the F5 key.
- * In case of Safari, hold down the control key and press "R" key.
- · The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 3.10.
- * Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmwawre version.
- · Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don't use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver. 3.10 from Ver. 3.00 incorporates the following issues:
- 1. Improvement of the flash function when "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected
An external non-TTL flash will fire when the "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected in the "SHUTTER TYPE" option of the SHOOTING MENU.
If "S (Shutter-Priority)" or "M (Manual Exposure)" mode is selected, set the shutter speed to 1/180 sec. or slower.
- 2. Improvement of the Wi-Fi function when "FUJIFILM PC AutoSave" is used
The phenomenon is fixed that Wi-Fi communication with "FUJIFILM PC AutoSave" stops at the moment the LCD turns off
- 3. Improvement of the display for the "USB MODE" in the SET-UP menu
1) When "PC SHOOT FIXED" is selected, the warning of "IMAGES ARE NOT SAVED IN THE CARD" appears
2) In case that "PC SHOOT FIXED" is selected in the "USB MODE" and the camera is not connected to a PC via a USB cable, you cannot turn off the camera when you turn the ON/OFF switch to the OFF positon or remove the lens from the camera becasue the camera stays in the waiting mode for image transfer.
With this upgrade, the message below will appear to confirm whether you stop the image transfer to the PC or not in such operations. If you press "OK" button, the camera will turn off without recording images.
"PCSHOOT AUTO" and "PS SHOOT FIXED" in the "USB MODE" are the modes to use PC shooting softwware like the optional accessory HS-V5.
If you don't use such a software, select "MTP(PTP)" in the "USB MODE".
- 4. Improvement of camera function stability when used with shooting software like the Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5.
Firmware update history(up to version 3.00)
Firmware update steps
Summary of firmware update steps
- 1. Check the firmware version.
- 2. Prepare a formatted memory card.
- 3. Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- 4. Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
Detail of firmware update steps
Please refer to the steps below about necessities and steps for firmware update.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 4.Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.