Please read the followings and update the firmware.
- · Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the "Control" key and "F5" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the "Command" key and "R" key.
- * In case of Macintosh (FireFox), hold down the "Command", "Shift" and "R" keys at same time.
- · The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 4.30.
- * Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmwawre version.
- · Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don't use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver. 4.30 from Ver.4.21 incorporates the following issues:
For detail about all the functions of No. 1-6, refer to "X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition New Features Guide[Ver.4.30]".
X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition New Features Guide[Ver.4.30]
- 1.Using a flashgun in Bracketing / Continuous shooting.
Optional flashguns can be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
- 2. Instant AF Setting in manual focus
Focus and exposure can be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
- 3. AF+MF operation with AF-L button
The AF-L button can be used to lock focus in AF+MF mode and you can adjust the focus more accurately using the lens's focusing ring.
- 4. Focus zoom in AF+MF
The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can focus using the lens's focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
- 5. Additional Custom Display options
Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu.
Additional Items: FOCUS FRAME / CONTINUOUS MODE / SHOOTING MODE / DUAL IS MODE / INFORMATION BACKGROUND / MOVIE MODE / FOCUS MODE / BLUR WARNING / SHUTTER TYPE
- 6. The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
- 7. Supports focus limiter function for XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
- 8. In AF-C mode, freeze will happen on certain conditions. (Solution for the issues of Firmware Ver. 4.20)
Firmware update history(up to version 4.21)
Firmware update steps
Summary of firmware update steps
- 1. Check the firmware version.
- 2. Prepare a formatted memory card.
- 3. Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- 4. Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
Detail of firmware update steps
Please refer to the steps below about necessities and steps for firmware update.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- 4.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 5.Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- 6.Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.