Please read the followings and update the firmware.
- · Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- * In case of Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, hold down the control key and press the F5 key.
- * In case of Safari, hold down the control key and press "R" key.
- · The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is 4.00.
- * Refer to "2) Firmware version checking procedure" in the "Detail of firmware update steps" below to check the firmwawre version.
- · Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
(If you don't use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance.)
Detail of the update
The firmware update Ver.4.00 from Ver.3.11 incorporates the following issues:
- * Previous update items will be also updated with the latest version of the firmware. Refer to "Firmware update history" below about the previous items.
For detail about functions of No. 1-1), 3), 4) and 2-1), 2), 4), refer to "X-T1/X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition New Features Guide [Ver.4.00]".
- 1. New AF System
- (1)Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects The AF System complements the fast and accurate 49-single-point autofocus system with new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes, which use 77 autofocus points across a wider area to substantially improve the camera's ability to capture moving subjects.
- (2)Improvement of AF accuracy Single-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low- contrast subjects.
- (3)Eye detection AF The firmware update provides Fujifilm's Eye Detection AF, which automatically detects and focuses on human eyes.The function allows you to easily focus on the eyes even in difficult conditions.
- (4)Auto Macro mode The firmware update introduces the Auto Macro function, which automatically switches the camera into the Macro mode while maintaining the conventional AF speed. You no longer have to press the Macro button to initiate a close-up shot. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button. (Just after this update, the function will be assigned to AF mode selection.)
- (5)AF improvement in the Movie mode The optimized algorithm delivers a more natural and smooth AF action during movie recording.
- 2. Improvements
- (1)Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation When the Shutter Speed Dial is set to T and the Shutter Type to Mechanical + Electronic, you can use the command dial to set a full range of exposure times from 30-1/32000sec. Previously, this was limited to 30-2 seconds. This is particularly useful when shooting in the portrait orientation with the Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT1 attached.
- (2)Exposure Compensation control in Manual You can use the Exposure Compensation dial to make exposure adjustments while shooting in the Manual exposure mode with the ISO Auto setting.
- (3)Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibility The lines on the framing grid, which you can choose to display in the Screen Set-Up menu, have been made finer making it easier to view the subject.
- (4)Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion The Silent Mode has been renamed to "SOUND & FLASH OFF" .
- 3. Other
- (1)If you use the "Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 for Windows®Ver1.1", it is required to be updated.
Firmware update history(up to version 3.11)
Firmware update steps
Summary of firmware update steps
- 1. Check the firmware version.
- 2. Prepare a formatted memory card.
- 3. Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- 4. Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
Detail of firmware update steps
Please refer to the steps below about necessities and steps for firmware update.
- 1.If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here.
- 2.Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- 3.Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- 4.Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- 5.Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software ("FIRMWARE"). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. ("FUJI") already distributed to you included with FUJI's product(s) ("ORIGINAL FIRMWARE"). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.