What is a warranty?
Quality is an important consideration when you are purchasing a digital camera. Our customers can be assured that Fujifilm stands solidly behind the quality of its digital cameras by offering a competitive warranty on all of our digital camera products. Our staff of photographic experts is available to assist you with your technical questions concerning Fujifilm digital camera products. For the official Fujifilm product warranty applicable to your Fujifilm digital camera, please click here.
Q: How long does my warranty last?
FINEPIX DIGITAL CAMERA WARRANTY
Customers that purchase any 2016 and newer FinePix camera model will receive a one (1) year manufacturer’s warranty. This package includes 1 year of customer service support. The two-year warranty offered on any older Fujifilm FinePix models will continue to be honored (to the extent it has not yet expired).
FUJIFILM X/GFX SERIES DIGITAL CAMERA WARRANTY
Customers that purchase any 2016 and newer X Series or GFX Series camera model will receive a one (1) year manufacturer's warranty. This includes one (1) year of customer service support. The two-year warranty offered on any older Fujifilm X Series models will continue to be honored (to the extent it has not yet expired).
XF/XC AND GF FUJINON LENSES WARRANTY
All XF/XC and GF Fujinon Lenses include a two (2) year Manufacturer's warranty. This includes two (2) years of customer service support.
Q: What do I need to claim a free repair under warranty?
All you will need is a clearly legible receipt that you were given by the retailer or website from whom you bought the camera. It's very important that you look after your receipt, as without this evidence you cannot claim your warranty. You do not need to present a warranty card to claim your warranty. Important note: the warranty applies to product which is purchased as new only. Also, the warranty is not transferable; therefore, we accept receipts only from valid FUJIFILM Retailers. If you register your camera or lens at www.registermyfujifilm.ca and upload a picture of your actual receipt, this will count as your receipt.
Q:What if the warranty period has expired?
If the warranty period has expired, you will need to pay for the repair. You can check here for information on how to contact Fujifilm Canada Support for further information.
Q:What is not covered by the warranty?
The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, scratching, abrasions or cosmetic damage. Without limitation, the warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- Any misuse or improper handling (the camera should be protected if carried in a bag or a case)
- Dropping or knocking of the product
- A repair, modification or cleaning done by anyone other than Fujifilm or a Fujifilm authorized service center
- Leaking or exhausted batteries
- Improper storage (extremes of temperature or humidity), the entry of water, sand, dust etc. into the camera
- See official warranty document for additional exclusions/ restrictions/ conditions
Q: How do I claim a repair under warranty?
Before sending the camera in for repair, double check that any problems which appear to be failures are not due to operating errors. Please consult your owner’s manual to review settings and conditions of use. If you have internet access, please visit the Technical Support section found on www.fujifilm.ca as many apparent problems can be resolved by following suggestions found there.
If the above two resources do not resolve the problem, contact the FUJIFILM technical support team. They will be able to advise whether the unit needs to be sent in for service or repair. Then proceed as follows: You can either take or send the product to the retailer or website you bought it from or you can send it directly to us at FUJIFILM Canada at 600 Suffolk Court, Mississauga, ON L5R 4G4, ATTENTION: Camera Repair. You must meet the cost for sending the product back to your retailer, website or to FUJIFILM Canada. The cost of returning your Fujifilm digital camera to you will be met by the retailer or by FUJIFILM if the product is found to have a manufacturer defect. Product deemed "no fault found" may have a $25.00 (plus tax) diagnostics fee charged.
Q: What happens if I bought the camera while in a different country from where I live?
Typically, the service center in the country in which you live will honor your international warranty in such a case. However, kindly be advised that the Fujifilm warranty does not apply to Fujifilm branded cameras imported and sold in Canada by unauthorized dealers, distributors or other sellers.
Q: What happens if I have lost my Retailer/ Website receipt?
If you have lost your receipt, you will have no evidence that the product is within its warranty period, so regrettably you will have to pay for the repair. Note that by registering your purchase at www.registermyfuji.ca and uploading a copy of the receipt, you will not have to worry about lost receipts.
Q: How do I go about getting a repair under warranty?
You will need to return your product, with a copy of the retailer or web receipt, to the retailer or website you bought it from or send the product to us directly at FUJIFILM Canada Inc., 600 Suffolk Court, Mississauga, ON L5R 4G4, ATTENTION: Camera Repair.
Make sure that:
- The product is packed with a sufficient protection to prevent any further damage. It is your responsibility to ensure that the product arrives safely.
- We strongly recommend using a shipping service which includes tracking of your shipment
- Attach your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if you have one) – to the camera itself otherwise we cannot return the product to you!
- You send back only the product. Please do NOT send us any accessories, like media cards, batteries, software unless these are clearly related to the problem or as directed by Technical Support.
Other Conditions (and see the official warranty document for additional details – click here for the official warranty document):
- Your warranty applies only to NEW Fujifilm X Series or FinePix Digital Cameras that have been imported into Canada by Fujifilm Canada and sold by Fujifilm Canada to its authorized dealers. Except in the event that a Customer who is a Canadian resident has proof of purchasing the applicable product from a brick and mortar retailer while on international soil, this warranty does not apply to Fujifilm branded products purchased outside of Canada or Fujifilm branded cameras imported and sold in Canada by unauthorized dealers, distributors or other sellers.
- FUJIFILM's liability is strictly limited to repairing or replacing the product. FUJIFILM has no liability for indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss of any kind due to a defect with this product.
- FUJIFILM accepts no liability for loss of data or pictures caused by the product’s malfunction.
- FUJIFILM reserves the right not to repair a product under warranty if the serial number has been removed, altered or defaced.
- FUJIFILM will typically use new parts, but reserves the right to use reconditioned or repaired parts.
- Any defective parts replaced in the camera become the property of FUJIFILM.
- The warranty described hereunder is in addition to (and does not affect) your statutory rights as a consumer.
- FUJIFILM reserves the right to replace the entire product as an alternative to a repair with product that is either new or refurbished and is either the same or a newer model in that same product group.
- If products are sent to FUJIFILM without any contact details, FUJIFILM reserves the right to dispose of your product six (6) months after receipt.
- If a product is sent to FUJIFILM without adequate protection, and the product is damaged in transit, FUJIFILM reserve the right to charge for any extra repair.