Fujifilm unveils X-T5 mirrorless camera, expanding the lineup of X- series in India
Fujifilm expands the X-series line-up with the vision ‘Photography First’ bringing in a considerable change compared to its predecessors with advanced features in the new X-T5
December 15, 2022
New Delhi, 15 December 2022: Fujifilm India, a global leader in photographic technology, today has announced the launch of its new flagship X Series Model – The X-T5 in India. This digital mirrorless camera will be the latest addition to the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras known for their compact and lightweight body and superior image quality based on the company’s proprietary color reproduction technology.
The X-T5 has performance enhancements such as improved image quality, the fastest shutter speed of 1/180000 sec and the use of Pixel Shift Multi-Shot to expand photographic variations. Other features include the Smooth Skin Effect, Subject Detection AF capable of detecting animals and birds, and AI-based high-precision auto white balance, assisting users in producing high quality photographic images. The camera inherits X-T Series’ signature Center Viewfinder style and dial operation design. The camera comes with a three-way tilting LCD screen making it more comfortable than ever before to shoot in vertical position or at waist level. The X-T5 will be a perfect companion to cover a wide variety of photographic genres from street / documentary photography, in which its mobility is a major asset, to landscape photography and portraiture, which demands superior image quality.
The X-T5 features the fifth-generation devices, i.e. the back-illuminated 40.2MP sensor “X-TransTM CMOS 5 HR”*2 and the high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 5,” in its compact body which is smaller and lighter than the previous model*1, as well as advanced features including the 5-axis in-body image stabilization of up to 7.0 stops*3. This is the new standard camera for still photography, delivering superior performance and mobility at the same time.
Commenting on the product portfolio expansion, Mr. Koji Wada, Managing Director, Fujifilm India said, “Fujifilm India is synonymous with photography, regularly helping photographers across the board with innovative solutions and technologically superior products. The X-Series was one such attempt to deliver best-in-class and budget-friendly cameras for photography enthusiasts. With the launch of the new X-T5, our goal is to provide high-end innovative products and enhance the consumer experience with our refined state-of the art product and services. The launch is testament of our unwavering commitment to NEVER STOP evolving and innovating for our distinguished consumers in the photography industry.”
Speaking about the new camera, Mr. Arun Babu, General Manager, Imaging Devices and Optical Division, Fujifilm India said, “We are delighted to announce the launch of the new X-T5 in India, augmenting our range of mirrorless cameras in the country. This new camera is particularly designed to address the versatile needs of content creators. It blends the capabilities of taking advanced stills with optical image stabilization for a better output.”
He further added, “Over these years, we have received an overwhelming response for all our range of X series cameras and considering the success we have garnered for this range, we have now introduced the X-T5 expanding the portfolio further. The journey from X-T1 to X-T5 is a remarkable one and is a testimony to our commitment to provide consumers with the best-in-class cameras. We are certain that the X-T5 will deliver an unprecedented experience to the consumers and will help professional photographers capture the best of their shots seamlessly.”
Fujifilm’s double flagship models “FUJIFILM X-H2S” (released in July) and “FUJIFILM X-H2” (released in September), which cover both stills and videos, are now complemented with the X-T5, optimized for stills with features such as the compact lightweight body, three-way tilting LCD and dial operations. This further broadens visual production genres covered by X Series’ fifth generation. Fujifilm’s enhanced product lineup will continue to cater to the diverse needs of photographers and video creators.
Priced at an MRP of Rs. 169,999 (inclusive of all taxes) the FUJIFILM X-T5 camera body is available in two colour variations, Black and Silver at our authorized retailers and via Fujifilm’s e-commerce website www.fujifilmxindia.com. The X-T5 is also available along with the kit lenses.
Apart from this, the buyers can also avail a special launch offer, where they can get products worth INR. 14,000 (Free dual battery charger - BC-W235 + 64GB 300mbps UHS-II memory card).
*1 Mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T4”
*2 X-TransTM is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
*3 When the FUJINON Lens XF35mmF1.4 R is mounted
*4 Including battery and memory card
1. Main product features
1. Featuring the 40MP X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR sensor and the high-speed X-Processor 5 image processing engine to deliver the highest image quality and resolving performance in the history of the X Series
(1) The X-T5 features the back-illuminated 40.2MP sensor “X-TransTM CMOS 5 HR.”
The use of an improved image processing algorithm delivers advanced image resolution without compromising the S/N ratio to achieve superior image quality. The X-Trans™ CMOS 5 HR sensor can take in more light efficiently thanks to its improved pixel structure. ISO125, which was an extended ISO level in the previous model, is now available as a standard option. And exposure time is controlled in high precision, allowing users to set the shutter speed as fast as 1/180000 sec. This means large-aperture lenses can be used wide open in a greater variety of conditions.
(2) This camera features the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function, which quadruples image resolution and produces accurate color reproduction, ideal for commercial photography and digital archiving of cultural assets. The IBIS mechanism is used to shift the image sensor at high precision to carry out automatic shooting of 20 frames in a single click of the shutter. The dedicated software “Pixel Shift Combiner” processes the captured frames to generate an image containing some 160 million pixels.
(3) The Smooth Skin Effect, which automatically smooths the skin tone, is also featured, reducing post-processing workload required in portrait photography, etc., so that images can be finished at an advanced level of perfection much quicker than ever before.
(4) The X-T5 features Auto White Balance based on the Deep Learning technology. AI technology has boosted the camera’s ability to automatically determine white balance, e.g. by way of accurately recognizing warm light-bulb color.
(5) The X-T5 comes with 19 Film Simulation modes, including “Nostalgic Neg.,” characterized by high saturation and soft tonality. Users can use Film Simulation presets, designed for various subject types and scenes, as if they are choosing photographic film.
(6) The X-T5 supports the HEIF image format, which delivers 10-bit image quality in files up to 30% smaller than standard JPEGs. The next chapter in delivering high-quality results straight out of camera has officially begun for X Series.
2. Hardware, design and operability that provides powerful support to users’ content creation
(1) The X-T5 features the 5-axis in-body image stabilization of up to 7.0 stops. Users can shoot hand-held even in low light conditions such as nightscape photography. The IBIS mechanism is also used to shift the camera’s image sensor in high precision to facilitate the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function.
(2) The subject detection AF, based on deep learning technology, is capable of detecting animals, birds, cars, motorcycles, airplanes and trains with AI technology. The system automatically tracks a subject while maintaining focus, so that users can concentrate on shutter opportunities and framing.
(3) The X-TransTM CMOS 5 HR sensor has a greater number of phase detection pixels than the previous model, resulting in an improved ability to attain AF-S focus on a high-frequency subject, providing accurate autofocusing in situations where AF-S is typically used, such as landscape photography and portraiture. The use of an improved AF prediction algorithm offers stable focusing also in the AF-C mode.
(4) The X-T5 features three dials on the top panel for controlling ISO, shutter speed and exposure compensation. Users can check and change camera settings even before turning it on, as with the case of the aperture ring, featured in most XF lenses. This makes it easy to reflect users’ photographic intentions to camera operations.
(5) A new feature of the camera is the 1.84-million-dot three-way tilting LCD. It makes it easy to shoot in vertical position or at waist level, liberating users from constraints in a wide range of photographic situations.
(6) The camera is equipped with a high-magnification 3.69-million-dot EVF with 0.8x magnification. Compared to the previous model, the viewfinder has improved suppression of parallax and distortion, which typically occurs when an eye position becomes displaced while using the viewfinder, for stellar visibility.
(7) Evolved IBIS mechanism and other parts, including EVF, has resulted in a compact body that weighs just 557g. Optimized operability of dials and buttons has led to a reduced form factor and improved usability at the same time. This is coupled with the camera’s weather-resistant structure to allow users to take the X-T5 into any conditions with peace of mind.
3. Featuring extended video functions
(1) 6.2K movies can be recorded internally at 30P in 4:2:2 10-bit color. X-T5 features the 4K HQ mode, which uses 6.2K over-sampling to produce high-quality video, while making the maximum advantage of the high-resolution sensor to deliver video in superior image resolution.
(2) X-T5 supports F-Log2, which records an expanded dynamic range of 13+ stops. This range is wider than current F-Log, broadening post-production potential.
(3) When combined with an ATOMOS HDMI device, the RAW video output from the X-T5 can be recorded as 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW*5 at frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97fps. And when combined with Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12Gs, the RAW video output from the camera can be recorded as Blackmagic RAW at frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97fps.
*5 Apple ProRes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
2. Optional accessories
Hand grip “MHG-XT5” (designed for the X-T5)
This grip substantially improves users’ ability to hand-hold the camera when a large-aperture lens is mounted. The hand grip does not have to be removed to change a battery or SD card. The base can be used as a plate compatible with the Arca-Swiss quick release system.
About Fujifilm India:
Fujifilm established in 1934 has believed in Innovation and the creation of new values through leading edge and proprietary technologies. Fujifilm, as a firm believer in innovation, continues to work hard to provide consumers with the best products and services. Beginning as Japan's pioneering photographic film maker, Fujifilm has leveraged its imaging and information technology to become a global presence known for innovation in healthcare, graphic arts, optical devices, highly functional materials and other high-tech areas. Fujifilm is continuously working towards early detection of disease and generating awareness among the general public by conducting awareness programs, for promoting TB and Cancer screening.